BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Shakeepuddn

Question

16 answers to this question

My bad. Dyslexia was wrong term. Just not using my noggin.

Here's a rewrite:

An ambidextrous twin I am

My brother near, hand-in-hand.

From wild stem my blossoms grew

Until myself I finally knew.

The good is right in front, you see

All that’s left is right with me.

Pain or pleasure I afford,

But I feel nothing by the sword.

Being a Materialist, I have to award this one to Sengupta

Brain

The brain is physically split into two nearly identical hemispheres joined by the corpus collasum. All Sensory input from the left side of the body (left hand, left eye) is received by the right side of the brain and vice versa. the brain / mind allows for perception of pain and other sensation affecting other parts of the body, but because the brain has no nerve endings for its own tissue, no neurotransmitters from its own surface area, it is immune to physical intrusion, such as from a scalpel. Even the most primative invertabrates have a brain "stem," to control movement, balance, and flight-or-fight response, but evolution has convoluted the brain in higher species, culminating in the human frontal lobe, responsible for future planning and social discernment between ethically right and wrong action.

Edited by Shakeepuddn

Being a Materialist, I have to award this one to Sengupta

Brain

The brain is physically split into two nearly identical hemispheres joined by the corpus collasum. All Sensory input from the left side of the body (left hand, left eye) is received by the right side of the brain and vice versa. the brain / mind allows for perception of pain and other sensation affecting other parts of the body, but because the brain has no nerve endings for its own tissue, no neurotransmitters from its own surface area, it is immune to physical intrusion, such as from a scalpel. Even the most primative invertabrates have a brain "stem," to control movement, balance, and flight-or-fight response, but evolution has convoluted the brain in higher species, culminating in the human frontal lobe, responsible for future planning and social discernment between ethically right and wrong action.

I love it when you get all A&P on us. Another swell riddle, and great solve by Sengupta.