I live in the deep where no one can see

I glow blue when light touches me

I am like normal things But different in ways

to see me is to think Im an alien today

The only hint I will give

Is the hometown for which I live

Somewhere in New Zealand lives my hide

Come and Find me if you dare to try.

its a glow worm.. they live in Australia and New Zealand. they can be found in caves, which is what you meen by a den ??.dunno..they glow differnt colours though not just blue...but is it sumthing similar to a glow worm..like an insect thing that lives in deep water ??:P

the ocean. it's turns blue when the light touches it. but what about the new zealand thing?

hey..this has absoulutly nothing to do with the riddle or whatever..but you where the next person who joioned after me :P;) dunno why im saying it..ok ..ill shut up now..

no not a glow worm and welcome to the den (As in Brain Den) So therefore Den has nothing to do with the riddle itself. and please use spoilers for your guesses its under the Smilies. Thanks

a coelacanth? I was unaware of there being one in New Zealand, although it wouldn't surprise me.

I live in the deep where no one can see

I glow blue when light touches me

I am like normal things But different in ways

to see me is to think Im an alien today

The only hint I will give

Is the hometown for which I live

Somewhere in New Zealand lives my hide

Come and Find me if you dare to try.

its a glow worm.. they live in Australia and New Zealand. they can be found in caves, which is what you meen by a den ??.dunno..they glow differnt colours though not just blue...but is it sumthing similar to a glow worm..like an insect thing that lives in deep water ??:P

Welcome to the den. If you could please use spoilers it would be much appreciated. When you are responding, spoilers are located either on the left under the 'quick access' blocks or at the top, in the 'insert special item' menu. Thank you.

Still pondering this riddle...

could it be.....

2006-04-14 Tourists Bask In Blue Glow Of Firefly Squid (Pink Tentacle)

Toyama Bay is the habitat of the world-famous glowing firefly squid, which surface in large numbers every spring in a phenomenon that has been designated a special natural monument. More: Original article (Japanese), Hotaruika Museum (Japanese)

Then for sea animals..

a Whale (the only one that may be "blue" is probably the sperm whale, or the obvious blue whale)

or dolphin.

I spent 6 months in New Zealand and took a course on their native fauna. There may be someone here that is actually from NZ that knows more, but this is throwing me off. They really don't have that many native animals, or at least ones that are actually endemic to the country, not introduced. So you've got my interest here....

Edited by palmerc7

thats awesome I would love to Visit New Zealand, I actaully dont know much about this subject all I know that the pic was pretty cool. But Alas no its not a dolphin or whales. But certian types I have found eat it.

Edited by Sillymom26

thats awesome I would love to Visit New Zealand, I actaully dont know much about this subject all I know that the pic was pretty cool. But Alas no its not a dolphin or whales. But certian types I have found eat it.

that is whales eat it certian types of whales