BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

There are two people in a restaurant. Person c puts poison in person b's soda. Person b thinks person c(I'll just call them c and b now) put poison in his soda. So, c drinks some of it, and survives. So, b drinks it, and gets poisoned instantly, and dies.

How did c live?

C was not immune to the poison, nor was it slower on c.

7 answers to this question

Ahhh, my first ever Brain Teaser I heard

The person who didn't die drank their drink very quickly and the poisoned ice didn't get to them while the one who did get poisoned drank their drink slowly which let the poisonous ice melt into the drink?

Has this one been done on here before?

does the poison work if it just touches the tongue? cause if not then they could have taken a small sip and let it pool beneath his tongue and excuse him self to go to the bathroom. while he's in there he could spit it out. so there for he's perfectly safe.

When you drink from a glass, you actually drink from the top first. This poison settled to the bottom. Therefore, when c drank first, the poison sat at the bottom and he/she drank from the top, where there was no poison. However, when b drank, he/she drank the remainder and consumed the poison which sat at the bottom of the glass.

(yawn) That was easy.

Edited by greek

There are two people in a restaurant. Person c puts poison in person b's soda. Person b thinks person c(I'll just call them c and b now) put poison in his soda. So, c drinks some of it, and survives. So, b drinks it, and gets poisoned instantly, and dies.

How did c live?

C was not immune to the poison, nor was it slower on c.

person b switched the glasses

we have to assume that c was able to poison the drink while b was not paying attention. therefore it is only logical to assume that b could switch the drinks while c was not paying attention. person C would not have knowingly drank of the cup that he poisoned for obvious reasons. (it would be idiotic to assume "hey.. why didn't b die from drinking? let me test the drink to see if it works!) so therefore, he drank of the cup he believes to be not poisoned (the cup in front of him) and not of the same cup that b drank of. b having switched the glasses, drank of the cup in front of him, which was not poisoned. the cup in front of c now has the poison in it.

For my first riddle to post an answer to:

[spoiler='My Answer

']Person C never drank the soda. He just put some in his mouth when he raised the glass and never swallowed. Therefore, when he put the glass back down, the soda went back into the glass, but of course Person B didn't know this, so he drank from the glass and killed himself.