BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

randro

Question

20 answers to this question

i usually just look for riddles posted by my friends and cool looking ones, then after that i look for the symbol that means i posted on it. i find it easier to keep track of the ones i am trying to solve.

i also only post one riddle at a time so i don't have to keep switching between them.

i usually just look for riddles posted by my friends and cool looking ones, then after that i look for the symbol that means i posted on it. i find it easier to keep track of the ones i am trying to solve.

i also only post one riddle at a time so i don't have to keep switching between them.

So that is what the little backwards "L" at the bottom of the folder is!!! :o:duh:

One more interesting thing that I find very handy.

Go to My Controls and then to Edit Storage Folders and you can add more PM folders. I added Saved Inbox and Saved Sent. That way if some message is very important and you don't want to accidentally delete it move it there in one of those Storage Folders! Or you can have just one IMPORTANT one! Mind that all of those messages add up to 50! ;)

However you can't entirely avoid deleting important messages, especially when you forget to move them andromeda!! :rolleyes:

This is a cool thread actually... :)

I already told some members about how you can see who posted and how many times in the thread.

In the Forum that you are in just click on the overall number of posts at the certain topic and a new window will pop up with the list of names and how many times they posted in the descending order!

I also said that you can go directly to a certain page without clicking on the topic button.

Next to the topic title in the Forum you have the numbers of the pages, if you click on the first empty little square you can type in the exact page that you want to read.

:)

Those are the three that popped my mind right now. :)

Edited by andromeda

This is a cool thread actually... :)

I already told some members about how you can see who posted and how many times in the thread.

Those are the three that popped my mind right now. :)

That is what made me start this thread and thanks :D think of how much easier this will make our lives!

Here's something I find useful when working on puzzles or playing mafia games. I usually keep my display options set to "Linear+" this keeps the first post in the thread on the top of the current page all the time so I can check the requirements in the OP or read the rules for a mafia game I'm playing. If I want to find the post of a particular person that was several pages back ("I gave several hints to my role already") I'll switch the display to "Outline". This will list all the post in a "tree" format with the authors name and the first few words of their post. To change the display settings click on Options in the top right of the screen when inside a thread.

I never knew that thanks PT. Your input is greatly admired. Comeon people dont keep the knoweldge to your selves THIS IS THE INTERNET!

No problem. Here's something I find interesting and I'm sure other people have noticed too; When you see a post done by someone else it puts what time they posted it in your timezone (or whatever timezone you have in your settings :P ), but when someone posts and they quote somebody else the quote has the timezone of the person replying and not yours. Sometimes I like to see how far ahead or behind other people are from me just by comparing the time on the post they quoted with the original one. Yeah I know, I'm strange. shrug.gif

This was ment to be for brainden tips. But sure what the heck go on and post it.

YAY! Thanks... I got some good ones: Here is a random collage of tips to make you happy!

Make a plan for attaining goals that you believe will make you happy. Your mood will very likely increase as your pursue your goal because you will feel better about yourself for going after something you value.

Surround yourself with happy people. It is easy to begin to think negatively when you are surrounded by people who think that way. Conversely, if you are around people who are happy their emotional state will be infectious.

When something goes wrong try to figure out a solution instead of wallowing in self pity. Truly happy people don’t allow set backs to affect their mood because they know that with a little thought they can turn the circumstances back to their favor.

Spend a few minutes each day thinking about the things that make you happy. These few minutes will give you the opportunity to focus on the positive things in your life and will lead you to continued happiness.

It’s also important to take some time each day to do something nice for yourself. Whether you treat yourself to lunch, take a long, relaxing bath or simply spend a few extra minutes on your appearance you will be subconsciously putting yourself in a better mood.

Finding the humor in situations can also lead to happiness. While there are times that require you to be serious, when it is appropriate, find a way to make light of a situation that would otherwise make you unhappy.

Maintaining your health is another way to achieve happiness. Being overweight or not eating nutritious foods can have a negative effect on your mood. Additionally, exercise has been known to release endorphins that give you a feeling of happiness.

Finally, it is important to understand that you deserve happiness. Those who believe that they are not worthy of happiness may subconsciously sabotage their efforts to achieve happiness. If necessary, tell yourself each day that you deserve to be happy and remind yourself what steps you will take to achieve the happiness you desire

YAY! Thanks... I got some good ones: Here is a random collage of tips to make you happy!

Make a plan for attaining goals that you believe will make you happy. Your mood will very likely increase as your pursue your goal because you will feel better about yourself for going after something you value.

Surround yourself with happy people. It is easy to begin to think negatively when you are surrounded by people who think that way. Conversely, if you are around people who are happy their emotional state will be infectious.

When something goes wrong try to figure out a solution instead of wallowing in self pity. Truly happy people don’t allow set backs to affect their mood because they know that with a little thought they can turn the circumstances back to their favor.

Spend a few minutes each day thinking about the things that make you happy. These few minutes will give you the opportunity to focus on the positive things in your life and will lead you to continued happiness.

It’s also important to take some time each day to do something nice for yourself. Whether you treat yourself to lunch, take a long, relaxing bath or simply spend a few extra minutes on your appearance you will be subconsciously putting yourself in a better mood.

Finding the humor in situations can also lead to happiness. While there are times that require you to be serious, when it is appropriate, find a way to make light of a situation that would otherwise make you unhappy.

Maintaining your health is another way to achieve happiness. Being overweight or not eating nutritious foods can have a negative effect on your mood. Additionally, exercise has been known to release endorphins that give you a feeling of happiness.

Finally, it is important to understand that you deserve happiness. Those who believe that they are not worthy of happiness may subconsciously sabotage their efforts to achieve happiness. If necessary, tell yourself each day that you deserve to be happy and remind yourself what steps you will take to achieve the happiness you desire

Oh and my mom says that when you sleep its better to be in a darker room and during the day to get at least 30 mins. of sunlight because it produces some chemical in the brain that makes you a better person.

Also next time sperate the different ideas with spaces please :wacko:

Oh and my mom says that when you sleep its better to be in a darker room and during the day to get at least 30 mins. of sunlight because it produces some chemical in the brain that makes you a better person.

Also next time sperate the different ideas with spaces please :wacko:

Sure. Sorry bout that...... And yes. You should get at least 30 min of sunlight, beacause sunlight and your skin together produce Vitamin D.

Can some one tell me where I can edit the words under my public avatar? where it say stuff like "junior member" and "advanced member" and stuff. I've gone to the my controls page and looked but didn't find anything.

Can some one tell me where I can edit the words under my public avatar? where it say stuff like "junior member" and "advanced member" and stuff. I've gone to the my controls page and looked but didn't find anything.

Only people who have made at least 1,000 post on this site can change it. :)