BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

CaptainEd

Question

All related to CATs. Some may make you yawn and stretch, like Mickey, who slept through my last one, but maybe you'll pounce on them.

1) The cartridge supports the French flag, like a carapace

2) Stab by night, curl up by day

3) He who grew shallow crystals has a deep spot

4) Rise fluffy from a nap

11 answers to this question

All related to CATs. Some may make you yawn and stretch, like Mickey, who slept through my last one, but maybe you'll pounce on them.

1) The cartridge supports the French flag, like a carapace

2) Stab by night, curl up by day

3) He who grew shallow crystals has a deep spot

4) Rise fluffy from a nap

stumped about it. but i think...

for #4: is it the sun?

im not sure what im supposed to think but

2) Stab by night, curl up by day -- makes me think of a cat's claw, retracted when they sleep (all day) and exposed when the cat is hunting (night)

3) He who grew shallow crystals has a deep spot. -- I thought of tears, salt crystals dissovled in a small (shallow) amount of water, and it shows a "deeper" side to people

I also thought that maybe these dont have to do with felines, but CATERPILLAR construction/farming equipment

No, (what a lovely image from an ugly house!).

Actually, all the answers are related to cats.

oh, i thought the riddles themselvs were related to cats. umm...

well, i'm still stumped, but...

#2 reminds me of a superhero.

oh, i thought the riddles themselvs were related to cats. umm...

well, i'm still stumped, but...

#2 reminds me of a superhero.

im not sure what im supposed to think but

2) Stab by night, curl up by day -- makes me think of a cat's claw, retracted when they sleep (all day) and exposed when the cat is hunting (night)

3) He who grew shallow crystals has a deep spot. -- I thought of tears, salt crystals dissovled in a small (shallow) amount of water, and it shows a "deeper" side to people

I also thought that maybe these dont have to do with felines, but CATERPILLAR construction/farming equipment

Ugg, not superhero

Dan, my answers are much more compact--I do appreciate that you gave explanations and not just answer attempts. Yes, I can see that I should have stated that all the answers relate to cats (as opposed to a wider range, like catalogs, catastrophes, caterpillars, etc.). So....

All the answers relate to cats (felines).

what is a carapace?

Leibniz was the last person to know everything. What I don't know, I google. Feel free to use your own devices...

(I guess to quote exactly, "Leibniz was the last man who knew everything." The last woman who knew everything hasn't yet answered this riddle)

Edited by CaptainEd

Hints:

One is an anagram (rearrange letters of some of the clue words to make the answer word)

One is a run-on (the answer word is in plaintext, all letters in sequence)

One is a charade (some clue words have synonyms which you string together to make the answer word)

One is more impressionistic, with two approaches--one clue word is a synonym of a synonym of the answer word, another two words are related (ambiguously...) to a key semantic fact about the answer word.