on a walk in the park

Couldn't travel through the heat-

Only bared two feet.

Just 70 later

Coal made into silver.

Who are we?

What am I?

'Cause I dunno.

So, let me preface this post with the fact that my wife is really into Dancing with the Stars...so, that's the only reason I would ever think this way...

I doubt it's right, but the first thing that came to mind was the Lance Bass/Lacey Schwimmer team on Dancing with the Stars...the reason I thought that was only a few of the lines, so that's why I don't think it's right:

To fix that not broken:

Fine, for words not spoken

Seven eight nine - on at 7, 8, or 9 depending on timezone...

In twice the primetime - on twice a week during primetime...

A red and white spotted jewel

before an audience of fools - well there are many fools out there that watch the show...

We thought we'd go far

Least, not once 'round a star - for some reason I was thinking dancing, and Lance Bass = a star...

We turned light into dark

on a walk in the park

Only bared two feet. - they are the only couple to have danced bare foot...

Just 70 later

Coal made into silver. - they came in second (well, in the final three, and didn't win)...

...Alright, now that that wrong guess is out of the way...next guess please!

So, let me preface this post with the fact that my wife is really into Dancing with the Stars...so, that's the only reason I would ever think this way...

I doubt it's right, but the first thing that came to mind was the Lance Bass/Lacey Schwimmer team on Dancing with the Stars...the reason I thought that was only a few of the lines, so that's why I don't think it's right:

To fix that not broken:

Seven eight nine - on at 7, 8, or 9 depending on timezone...

In twice the primetime - on twice a week during primetime...

before an audience of fools - well there are many fools out there that watch the show...

We thought we'd go far

Least, not once 'round a star - for some reason I was thinking dancing, and Lance Bass = a star...

on a walk in the park

Only bared two feet. - they are the only couple to have danced bare foot...

Just 70 later

Coal made into silver. - they came in second (well, in the final three, and didn't win)...

...Alright, now that that wrong guess is out of the way...next guess please!

I promise I don't watch dancing with the stars. Your guess is wrong, but you did graze a clue correctly to one part of the riddle.

Edited by hungryjeff

Pickett made some things match. As much as I hate to give an impressionistic answer with explaining all the words in the clue:
How bout the "Bachelor" finale?

Not the bachelor. Put down the remote and move away from the television.

Pickett made some things match. As much as I hate to give an impressionistic answer with explaining all the words in the clue:
How bout the "Bachelor" finale?

Horrible finale, btw. Melissa was the best. :rolleyes: Melissa will find someone though.

Lol, I have a wife and I watch it with her.

The things that seem to make sense and were exposed in Pickett's post were

Something happened barefoot

Came in second place

Horrible finale, btw. Melissa was the best. :rolleyes: Melissa will find someone though.

Lol, I have a wife and I watch it with her.

The things that seem to make sense and were exposed in Pickett's post were

Something happened barefoot

Came in second place

1. Not Literally

2. Yes, someone came in second.

What about the telephone? Two men, Bell and I forget the other guy's name, both improved upon the telegraph to invent it... Bell's patent was granted (though he and the other individual submitted the patents close to one another)... Just a thought!

What about the telephone? Two men, Bell and I forget the other guy's name, both improved upon the telegraph to invent it... Bell's patent was granted (though he and the other individual submitted the patents close to one another)... Just a thought!

Your guess is incorrect. But I like that you went back in time, but you went a little too far back. What year was the telephone invented?

Your guess is incorrect. But I like that you went back in time, but you went a little too far back. What year was the telephone invented?

The phone was invented in the late 1800's. But I think inventions/technology is the right direction to take this riddle. How about TV, specifically the transition from black and white to TECHNICOLOR.

The phone was invented in the late 1800's. But I think inventions/technology is the right direction to take this riddle. How about TV, specifically the transition from black and white to TECHNICOLOR.

While great at raising children and teaching them about sex drugs and rock'n'roll, television is not the answer here. And you're in the wrong century. Technology only comes in to play once for this riddle.

the tesla/edison race, but i guess that really only fits 1 line...

You were right to doubt yourself. But I like that you are still focusing on some form of competition.

Also

Just throwing something out their to maybe point out a different aspect of the riddle..

Band "Rage?"

It has nothing to do with the band "rage". Besides the year they formed doesnt fit.

It has nothing to do with the band "rage". Besides the year they formed doesnt fit.

Sorry! I don't really know what

date

you are saying.

The reason I posted that was because

light to dark reminded me of a song title

Sorry! I don't really know what

date

you are saying.

The reason I posted that was because

light to dark reminded me of a song title

I'm just trying to give a hint that will be enough of a foothold for somebody to get started down the right path. I don't know any of rage's songs.

i really don't think this is right, but oh well.

we just watched a video in chemistry, i don't remember when this was, but this dude named Dewer was in a "race" to invent liquid hydrogen, and he made it, but he was not recognized because as soon as he made it, someone else discovered helium (at that time it was thought to only exist on the sun) and there was another race to invent liquid helium, and Dewer's assistant accidentaly lost all of their helium, and they could not get any more, so Dewer came in second. again, i don't know what time period this was in.

Edited by UGG BUYS UGLY HOUSES!

i really don't think this is right, but oh well.
we just watched a video in chemistry, i don't remember when this was, but this dude named Dewer was in a "race" to invent liquid hydrogen, and he made it, but he was not recognized because as soon as he made it, someone else discovered helium (at that time it was thought to only exist on the sun) and there was another race to invent liquid helium, and Dewer's assistant accidentaly lost all of their helium, and they could not get any more, so Dewer came in second. again, i don't know what time period this was in.

No.

That's an interesting story, and so is mine. Pickett's first guess contains the best clue so far.

To fix that not broken:

Seven eight nine

In twice the primetime,

before an audience of fools

We thought we'd go far

Least, not once 'round a star

on a walk in the park

Only bared two feet.

Just 70 later

Coal made into silver.

Who are we?

What am I?

'Cause I dunno.

here are my thoughts:

To fix that not broken:

Seven eight nine

In twice the primetime, (7 is a prime #, but 8 and 9 are not. twice the primetime could mean someone's in over their head. i.e. it's a metaphore.)

A red and white spotted jewel(the audience if a fool because there is no red and white spotted jewel, so they think a fake jewel is real. again, a metaphor.)

We thought we'd go far

Least, not once 'round a star(going back to the prime numbers, they didn't make it far because they were in over their head)

We turned light into dark(someone doing something spectacular)

on a walk in the park

Couldn't travel through the heat-(those people that walk on hot coals)

Only bared two feet.(the coal walkers were not human, because if they could ONLY bear two feet, then they must have had more than two feet to begin with. this is probably referring to the line that reads "seven eight nine" not those #s literally, but there were 3 #s so it probably had 3 feet, but could only have only two feet with no protection. once again, this is probably a metaphor)

Just 70 later(may 6, 2007 was the 70th anniversary of the Hindenburg accident, maybe something happened in 2007, or it has something to do with the Hindenburg directly because the original riddle was devised in 2007, so at the original time the riddle was made, it was the 70th anniversary. ps. i'm not calling you a riddle stealer or anything, i'm just saying it's possible you got it somewhere else)

Coal made into silver.(this reminds me of chemically combining the copper and zinc in a penny to form brass, which looks very much like gold. there is an illusion of turning copper to gold in this experiment)

To fix that not broken:

Seven eight nine

In twice the primetime,

We thought we'd go far

on a walk in the park

Only bared two feet.

Just 70 later

Coal made into silver.

Who are we?

What am I?

'Cause I dunno.

But for some reason I'm thinking Nuclear warfare.

To fix that not broken:

Seven eight nine

In twice the primetime,

We thought we'd go far

on a walk in the park

Only bared two feet.

Just 70 later

Coal made into silver.

Who are we?

What am I?

'Cause I dunno.

this is just something that might help, at the end of the riddle it says, "who are we? what am i" WE??? that's probably important, so that means people have a relationship with whatever it is. also, the name of the riddle makes no sense, so it's probably somewhat important. also, one last thought, what ever it is, it is probably stupid, because it doesn't know what it is, and it said, "what" am i. so it's not a person (just wild guessing, "dog"?? [dogs are man's best friend, they're sometimes stupid, and they are not people)

here are my thoughts:

To fix that not broken:

Seven eight nine

In twice the primetime, (7 is a prime #, but 8 and 9 are not. twice the primetime could mean someone's in over their head. i.e. it's a metaphore.)

A red and white spotted jewel(the audience if a fool because there is no red and white spotted jewel, so they think a fake jewel is real. again, a metaphor.)

We thought we'd go far

Least, not once 'round a star(going back to the prime numbers, they didn't make it far because they were in over their head)

We turned light into dark(someone doing something spectacular)

on a walk in the park

Couldn't travel through the heat-(those people that walk on hot coals)

Only bared two feet.(the coal walkers were not human, because if they could ONLY bear two feet, then they must have had more than two feet to begin with. this is probably referring to the line that reads "seven eight nine" not those #s literally, but there were 3 #s so it probably had 3 feet, but could only have only two feet with no protection. once again, this is probably a metaphor)

Just 70 later(may 6, 2007 was the 70th anniversary of the Hindenburg accident, maybe something happened in 2007, or it has something to do with the Hindenburg directly because the original riddle was devised in 2007, so at the original time the riddle was made, it was the 70th anniversary. ps. i'm not calling you a riddle stealer or anything, i'm just saying it's possible you got it somewhere else)

Coal made into silver.(this reminds me of chemically combining the copper and zinc in a penny to form brass, which looks very much like gold. there is an illusion of turning copper to gold in this experiment)

1.The intent of this is not to show someone over their head.

2.Every line has a function in proving the riddle.

3.Your assumption regarding not making it far is incorrect.

4.The inference of coal miners is incorrect. But interesting conclusion :). You're right to keep "bare two feet" though.

5.Spot on about the 70th anniversary. However, you are completely wrong about the subject.

6.The original riddle was devised when I got to work this morning and realised I had no work on my desk. I'm flattered if you think this riddle to be worth stealing.

7.No Alchemy here.

8.Oh yeah, "light into dark", why do you assume it's something spectacular they did? Is not fire one the most spectacular discoveries made by man to get rid of the dark?

Edited by hungryjeff

Incorrect, Romulus. No nuclear welfare either.

But for some reason I'm thinking Nuclear warfare.

Uggs, the end is a clue. But in regards to your inferences drawn from word choice, If you guess the what, you'll know the why. If you guess the why, you'll know the what. This is not a schizophrenic or something with conflicting Iidentities. No, it is not fido.

To fix that not broken: Some sort of improvement on an already effective tool?[/blue]

Fine, for words not spoken I sense feuding.

Seven eight nine Might be careening here, but (7*2)=14, 8, 9, could possibly translate to 1948?

In twice the primetime, Connected to the previous line?

A red and white spotted jewel Ha ha, how about the American flag??

We thought we'd go far

on a walk in the park

Only bared two feet.

Just 70 later

Coal made into silver.

Who are we?

What am I?

'Cause I dunno.

I think I accidently stumbled across an answer... The 1948 presidential election was pretty epic--considered to be the "biggest upset in US election history." Could you be referring to the parallels between the 2008 election and the 1948 election? In which case, the "we" is Obama/McCain, and the "I" is the electorate...

It was on the digital "clean-up" of films for the hi-res era. Disney's Pinocchio being the latest Blu-ray release from the House of Mouse. The film just happens to turn 70 next year. I can see at least most of the lines fitting, but I'm not sure this is it. I'm just throwing it out there to help open up the brainstorming.