Treasure Hunt #8 –The Scroll

Chapter 1: BluePrint to the victory

Chapter 2: Secret Tunnel

Chapter 3: What should they do?

Chapter 4: Secret of the BluePrint

Chapter 5: The Original Study Room

Chapter 6: Message in the Book

Chapter 7: What kind of Napkin is This?

When dawg opened the scroll, a round object about 1 inch diameter dropped out. Zack picked up and shouted excited, “Hey we got the treasure! It is a ruby!”

“No yet, kid!” dawg concentrated on whatever have written on the scroll. It contained some words on it.

“What does it say?” Lazboy approached to dawg.

“Some kind of hidden message, you read.” Dawg passed to Lazboy.

That’s how it was written in that paper.

Whoever you are, well done cause you have searched all the clues and reached here. Take the ruby with you. You may need it later. But now what you need to find the below item:

Item:

Long-long time ago, follow where the Amazon River flows, live a golden deer, other animal call him “The treasure”.

“The treasure” soon met a female-deer, he follow her at the back when she was walking along path beside the river. She stopped, walked to the river side and start drinking. He took a deep breath and planned to walk to her. But the path was jammed because a group of swan just crossing the path to the river. When the jam finally cleared, the female deer was gone too. “The treasure” ran to the place where she stopped and drank, he found a note she left behind, “I am not pulling your leg, but if you able to find me today, I will accompany you for the rest of my life.”

“Yay! I will do my best to find you! Then I won’t be living by myself anymore.”

Clue: rgw aiybs id nyaux 0 si ew nu

“OK, where shall we start?” andromeda asked. Everyone was surprised because they thought she was still sleeping.

“Very little sleep is enough for me! Don’t forget, I am a CPB!”

So, where should they start?

19 answers to this question

Whoever you are, well done cause you have searched all the clues and reached here. Take the ruby with you. You may need it later. But now what you need to find the below item:

Item:

Long-long time ago, follow where the Amazon River flows, live a golden deer, other animal call him “The treasure”.

“The treasure” soon met a female-deer, he follow her at the back when she was walking along path beside the river. She stopped, walked to the river side and start drinking. He took a deep breath and planned to walk to her. But the path was jammed because a group of swan just crossing the path to the river. When the jam finally cleared, the female deer was gone too. “The treasure” ran to the place where she stopped and drank, he found a note she left behind, “I am not pulling your leg, but if you able to find me today, I will accompany you for the rest of my life.”

“Yay! I will do my best to find you! Then I won’t be living by myself anymore.”

Is it significant that only the drink part of the word drinking is underlined? :)

Hey woon, been awhile ;P

:whistling:

fade cabbage?

Now off again to the azure mOs...if you want to catch me...well..."how do you catch a moon beam in your hand?"

You are too fast! It took me few weeks to get this and you solve it within ...... :o

Bravo, Y-san

But lets keep the solution first. :)

I cracked the clue OK but now I'm a little stuck

I assume I need the letters from the music and I can't find a copy of it anywhere.

Try to search what letter to represent each note from internet, perhaps?

Try to search what letter to represent each note from internet, perhaps?

I *think* I know how to match them

can't find the actual sheet music to see what the notes are. Lyrics are no problem, but I'm assuming I need lyrics plus notes and that is proving difficult to find, presumably because it is copyright and all sites therefore want paying to provide it.

good one.

fade cabbage

Latire? Art lei? Air let? Lol. I know it's a continuous story, but would I have to look back at previous treasure hunts to know their current location?

Correct for the code. and Nope, you do not need to look back to the past episodes for solution. But it is one of the riddles we using quick frequently.

The Clue:

By looking at a normal English keyboard take the key to the right of the letter/number stated in the clue to get “The Sound of Music – Do Re Mi”

The Item:

From the lyrics of the song we can then match the notes A-G to the underlined word in the story

Do, "a deer, a female deer." -- C

Re, "a drop of golden sun." -- D

Mi , "a name I call myself." -- E

Fa, "a long long way to run". -- F

So, "a needle pulling thread." -- G

La, "a note to follow So" -- A

Ti, "a drink with jam and bread." –B

Using the notes, one can find the message for the item: FADECABBAGE

I still don't know what the item means, but I conjecture it's correct somehow due to Woon's reaction.

The Location:

From hints given by woon,

Spoiler for Woon's hint:

“But it is one of the riddles we using quick frequently.”

Spoiler for Previous spoiler:

The only method that seems to fit given a number as a clue would be to take a part from a key phrase, as seen in Episodes 1 and 2.
Using this logic the and assuming the loction itself is not a single letter, the loction is the 124th word in the song which can either be sun or note depending if you count hyphenated words as 1 or not.
It would seem that from the word frequently, that we’ve solve something of the like before.

The Clue:

The Item:

From the lyrics of the song we can then match the notes A-G to the underlined word in the story

Do, "a deer, a female deer." -- C

Re, "a drop of golden sun." -- D

Mi , "a name I call myself." -- E

Fa, "a long long way to run". -- F

So, "a needle pulling thread." -- G

La, "a note to follow So" -- A

Ti, "a drink with jam and bread." –B

Using the notes, one can find the message for the item: FADECABBAGE

I still don't know what the item means, but I conjecture it's correct somehow due to Woon's reaction.

The Location:

From hints given by woon,

Spoiler for Woon's hint:

“But it is one of the riddles we using quick frequently.”

<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Spoiler for Previous spoiler: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }">

</div>

<div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;"><div style="display: none;">The only method that seems to fit given a number as a clue would be to take a part from a key phrase, as seen in Episodes 1 and 2.

It would seem that from the word frequently, that we’ve solve something of the like before. <div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px">
Using this logic the and assuming the loction itself is not a single letter, the loction is the 124th word in the song which can either be sun or note depending if you count hyphenated words as 1 or not.</div></div></div>

By looking at a normal English keyboard take the key to the right of the letter/number stated in the clue to get “The Sound of Music – Do Re Mi”

Excellent explanation. Now left the location. Well done, Furikan :)

This was my original line of thought, see if it would make any sense;

124 = abd = la, ti, re

I tried an anagram of that, the closest thing I've got to a location in the house is an air let. An air inlet?

Or it could mean 1, 2, 4 - do, re, fa - fedora? That's a hat...

Doesn't work with the first, second and fourth hints - that gives fa la re (a flare?) which makes no sense whatsoever.

Hope this gets the ball rolling again. And hopefully not the wrong direction.

This was my original line of thought, see if it would make any sense;

124 = abd = la, ti, re

I tried an anagram of that, the closest thing I've got to a location in the house is an air let. An air inlet?

Or it could mean 1, 2, 4 - do, re, fa - fedora? That's a hat...

Doesn't work with the first, second and fourth hints - that gives fa la re (a flare?) which makes no sense whatsoever.

Hope this gets the ball rolling again. And hopefully not the wrong direction.

Nope...it's more enigmatic than that ;P. I think I'm going to make some fade sauerkraut in mine... :D

To woon: sorry...to be honest, I haven't really looked at your other treasure hunts so I didn't realize that there were two separate parts in the puzzle structure, location and item...but I can see how you would figure that I had figured out the location...;)

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Nope...it's more enigmatic than that ;P. I think I'm going to make some fade sauerkraut in mine... :D

To woon: sorry...to be honest, I haven't really looked at your other treasure hunts so I didn't realize that there were two separate parts in the puzzle structure, location and item...but I can see how you would figure that I had figured out the location...;)

Of coarse can I see that. My sensei ;)