BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Lord of the Rings Mafia

You know...I was thinking about changing my vote but after hearing that, I'm thinking your an independent trying to claim a saving role. It's not hard for someone to claim a saving role, especially when there are more than one of them. If you're really good then you should care about if a person is lynched especially if they're good as well. I have no evidence on anyone at this time but what you said just makes me think you're independent.

Posting straight away so i dont get kicked off this mafia as well...

Im not quite ready to change my vote. In a way im still sitting on the fence... so at this stage im just going to leave my vote as is until i see some really good evidence your good NOV, because what PM said makes sense.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A. Person that wasn't much of a defence really. All that meant to me was "Neptune is good and so am I." Which I believe to be a lie, because not only do I think you are bad, but like I meantioned before Neptune is sounding much like an independent so just because Neptune is "good" doesn't mean you are. I'm pretty sure Neptune isnt mafioso, but Im leaning towards independent at the moment. Lets keep him alive and see what comes up in the Night 2 post. I'm sticking with A. Person for now...

A. Person that wasn't much of a defence really. All that meant to me was "Neptune is good and so am I." Which I believe to be a lie, because not only do I think you are bad, but like I meantioned before Neptune is sounding much like an independent so just because Neptune is "good" doesn't mean you are. I'm pretty sure Neptune isnt mafioso, but Im leaning towards independent at the moment. Lets keep him alive and see what comes up in the Night 2 post. I'm sticking with A. Person for now...

What you say makes sense, Neptune could be an independant, but then he could be Balrog and kill off innocents (not necessarily on purpose).

So once again i am sticking with my vote.

A. Person hasnt done the best defending, but neither has Neptune. So what makes you think that A.Person is a baddie? Convince me and i just may change my vote.

EDIT: missed out the word 'my'.. oops off to bed :P

Edited by clozobozo

What you say makes sense, Neptune could be an independant, but then he could be Balrog and kill off innocents (not necessarily on purpose).

So once again i am sticking with my vote.

A. Person hasnt done the best defending, but neither has Neptune. So what makes you think that A.Person is a baddie? Convince me and i just may change my vote.

EDIT: missed out the word 'my'.. oops off to bed :P

Its a distinct possibility that Neptune is Balrog, but from his claims we know that either;

1. Neptune is telling the truth, and is thus Arwen or Aragorn

2. Neptune is an independent claiming to be a saving role in the hope that 1 of them is dead already and we don't know about it

I'm leaning towards #2 at the moment from the way that Neptune is always talking about the goodies in 3rd person. A stupidly obvious mistake, but one that is incredibly easy to make.

The only thing I have against A.Person is that he has appeared extremely withdrawn. Only 1 post made in his defence and has contributed nothing to the discussion at all unless we demanded him to. A goodie would have no reason to be so secretive and would openly reveal their role in the face of death as to save themselves. ;)

I would strongly suggest that Legolas investigates Neptune tonight, as his posts were becoming more contradictive as the day progressed

Its a distinct possibility that Neptune is Balrog, but from his claims we know that either;

1. Neptune is telling the truth, and is thus Arwen or Aragorn

2. Neptune is an independent claiming to be a saving role in the hope that 1 of them is dead already and we don't know about it

I'm leaning towards #2 at the moment from the way that Neptune is always talking about the goodies in 3rd person. A stupidly obvious mistake, but one that is incredibly easy to make.

The only thing I have against A.Person is that he has appeared extremely withdrawn. Only 1 post made in his defence and has contributed nothing to the discussion at all unless we demanded him to. A goodie would have no reason to be so secretive and would openly reveal their role in the face of death as to save themselves. ;)

I would strongly suggest that Legolas investigates Neptune tonight, as his posts were becoming more contradictive as the day progressed

The only reason I speak in first person is because I like to say "goodies"....... :P

If you want to know my role, you can just ask... now I realize that there isn't any abilities that need name and role, so it's okay right? I'm Arwen. :D

edit: clarity

Edited by Neptune'sObsoleteVersion

The only reason I speak in first person is because I like to say "goodies"....... :P

If you want to know my role, you can just ask... now I realize that there isn't any abilities that need name and role, so it's okay right? I'm Arwen. :D

edit: clarity

Claiming a specific role now. Thats very reassuring actually, so unless you killed her last night you are telling the truth.

Host: RainThinker/Pw0nzd

1)Prince_Marth85 - Voting for Neptune'sObsoleteVersion

2)Social Darwin - Voting for Prince_Marth85

3)limeliam voting for JarZe

4)A. Person - Voting for JarZe

5) Reaymond - Voting for A.Person

6)Awesomely-Awesome Person[Killed by Boromir]

7)Neptune'sObsoleteVersion - Voting for A.Person

8)Riranor [Killed by Balrog]

9)Peace*Out - Voting for A.Person

10)Randro[Dead]

11)Someguy - Voting for A.Person

12)Clozobozo - Voting for Neptune'sObsoleteVersion

13) JarZe - Voting for A.Person

14)Twin Bro

15)twin_pop [Killed by Army of Mordor]

Voting for Prince Marth because he is 100% a bad guy. I am also 50/50 outing my exact role and 100% outting the fact that I'm a good guy. But the fact of the matter is, I don't want to lose this Mafia so I'm ditching the cat & mouse tactic and opting for straight shooting. TRUST me on this one Fellowship, Prince Marth is our #1 enemy.

Since Marth is BAD and has no problem voting for Neptune, I can only conclude Neptune is either good or independent... Irrelevant at this point. LYNCH MARTH!

5) Reaymond - Voting for Prince_Marth85

10)Randro[Dead]

14)Twin Bro

I suppose this is kinda outing my role as well, but if you are certain then I am with you 100% on this ;)

I suppose this is kinda outing my role as well, but if you are certain then I am with you 100% on this ;)

I am certain. Check it, the baddies got two kills last night:

1. Saruman must have used a secret ability to kill Twin_Pop (Making Twin_Pop either a good guy or Gollum - only a 1 in 7 chance he was Gollum) Saruman couldn’t have stole a kill ability because they were both used in N1. See below.

2. Boromir (an unknown undecided) was corrupted by the Army of Mordor and attacked/killed a Fellowship player - Riranor.

3. Witch King attacked me, but I wasn’t there. I was hiding in the bushes, watching Prince_Marth off a Twin Pops.

Here is what needs to happen (IMO):

- Lynch Marth today (D1)

- Arwen, save me tonight (N1)

- Merry AND Pippen, party with Arwen (N1). That is critical. Arwen can save every night and is going to die tonight if you don’t party with her. (ha ha, that last statement, out of context, is hilarious) But seriously, you guys will gain BTSC too.

Edit: Other roles still may need to act, I'm still working on my chart. :)

Edited by Social_Darwin

but if Merry AND Pipin go partying with Arwen, she can't save you...? I'm needed to act tonight, I can't see much of a problem if Merry + Pipin target you SD? unless you get another baddie... ;)

but if Merry AND Pipin go partying with Arwen, she can't save you...? I'm needed to act tonight, I can't see much of a problem if Merry + Pipin target you SD? unless you get another baddie... ;)

Oops, that should have read Aragorn save me. But your way works too.. Merry and Pippin, I'll bring the beer if you bring the snacks! I got lucky with PM and I don't know who to target tonight, so I'm all for the party. I don't need to act tonight.

Edited by Social_Darwin

I'm tired of goodie-goodie kills, so I'm trusting you on this one SD...

10)Randro[Dead]

13) JarZe - Voting for Prince_Marth85

14)Twin Bro

It's been quite a calm day, maybe we can pick more clues if people start posting ;)

9)Peace*Out - Voting for Prince_Marth85

10)Randro[Dead]

14)Twin Bro

I belive you guys 97% on this.

So do you both have spying roles, or reay - do you agree with him because you know he's good, because you know too, or because everything fits together this way.

Im not going to pretend i know that PM's bad. I dont. but i belive them. Plus, if he's good, then we got 2 baddies we ca get the next day/night.

10)Randro[Dead]

11)Someguy - Voting for Prince_Marth85

14)Twin Bro

I have too many roles to keep track of :P But, I guess I can deal with following orders for a day or two.

So do you both have spying roles, or reay - do you agree with him because you know he's good, because you know too, or because everything fits together this way.

Im not going to pretend i know that PM's bad. I dont. but i belive them. Plus, if he's good, then we got 2 baddies we ca get the next day/night.

I'm not saying anything about either of our roles, but I only believe SD because it is possible for him to know a baddie and I know for certain that he is good. ;)

7)Neptune'sObsoleteVersion - Voting for Prince_Marth85

10)Randro[Dead]

14)Twin Bro

Your logic seems pretty sound, I'm switching to Marth.

Excellent work Fellowship.

RainThinker, can we end Day 1? We are only missing one vote (Twin Bro) and it will in no way affect the majority.

PS - Fellowship, take a good look at the above post and make note of the few people who didn't change their votes to Marth:

Prince_Marth

limeliam

A.Person

Clozobozo

JarZe

Twin Bro

At least three of them are bad. We should put some pressure on them in the coming days.

TO VICTORY!!!

10)Randro[Dead]

14)Twin Bro - Voting for Neptune'sObsoleteVersion

sorry I'm late

10)Randro[Dead]

14)Twin Bro - Voting for Neptune'sObsoleteVersion

Ok, all votes are in! :)

If no one has any last minute vote changes, I'll start writing the day post.

Edited by RainThinker

Excellent work Fellowship.

RainThinker, can we end Day 1? We are only missing one vote (Twin Bro) and it will in no way affect the majority.

PS - Fellowship, take a good look at the above post and make note of the few people who didn't change their votes to Marth:

Prince_Marth

limeliam

A.Person

Clozobozo

JarZe

Twin Bro

At least three of them are bad. We should put some pressure on them in the coming days.

TO VICTORY!!!

Just for the record... I DID change my vote in post 87.... This kind of confusions happen when people don't use the latest roster...

Here's a link to my post!!!

I was actually the third (I think) one to change my vote, and I think I'm pretty sure I got Reay and SD's role hints ;)

*EDIT* Added stuff

Edited by JarZe

The list of possible baddies...

Prince_Marth

Twin Bro - even though he voted, it was a spur of the moment vote, the comments left behind meant nothing and he was simply joining the bandwagon late on. He is really high on my suspicion list now...

Clozobozo

Peace*Out

limeliam

A.Person

Thats in order of how suspicious they appear to me ;) Not to be greedy or anything, but I would strongly reccomend that both Merry + Pipin go partying with SD and Aragorn saves me. Arwen cannot save tonight as she acted before right?

The list of possible baddies...

Prince_Marth

Twin Bro - even though he voted, it was a spur of the moment vote, the comments left behind meant nothing and he was simply joining the bandwagon late on. He is really high on my suspicion list now...

Clozobozo

Peace*Out

limeliam

A.Person

:o im on the baddie list! and pretty high up...

Is that cause im still voting for Neptune? Because i cant really be bothered to change it and its not going to affect anything. Also i dont want to add any stress to RT who i am sure has already written the day post.. it probably wouldnt change much just a vote.

:o im on the baddie list! and pretty high up...

Is that cause im still voting for Neptune? Because i cant really be bothered to change it and its not going to affect anything. Also i dont want to add any stress to RT who i am sure has already written the day post.. it probably wouldnt change much just a vote.

Whoops, Peace*Out was meant to be above you ;)

Clarification: Clozobozo, limeliam and A.Person are on there as I copied it from SD. He mentioned that they could be baddies as they did not switch their votes, and I know for a fact that they had been online at the time. Not much of a reason, but since me and SD have practically outed our roles (and I will need a save tonight ;)) we can be pretty sure that Marth is a baddie. Since you 3 didn't switch you were clasified as baddies ;) Admittedly, there is no point in switching now as the day has already ended, but before when the day was about to end and we were lynching somebody unknown when the option of baddie Marth was available...

I wish I understood why we thought "these people didn't vote for the baddie, THEY'RE the baddie." It doesn't make any sense. The baddies are going to be the first ones to jump on a bandwagon to avoid exactly this thought process, and the goodies have plenty of reason to avoid jumping on an obvious bandwagon, as well. Statistics (and logic) would say that at least one of the people on that list are likely bad, but I highly doubt that three of them are. It's possible, I just doubt it.

In fact, SD and reaymond, this strikes me as the kind of tactic that a baddie would use to draw investigative and voting resources away from who the real baddies are, maybe even drawing us further into the trap by losing one of yours in an effort to say that you're good. Either way, I don't buy it. Keep your wits sharp, because I don't think it's going to be that easy.