BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Treasure Hunt #7 –What Kind of Napkin Is This?

Chapter 1: BluePrint to the victory

Chapter 2: Secret Tunnel

Chapter 3: What should they do?

Chapter 4: Secret of the BluePrint

Chapter 5: The Original Study Room

Chapter 6: Message in the Book

“Here? That’s good, you people continue, I still need some sleep.” ST stretched her body and go back to the bed.

“No, let’s think together,” Andromeda grabbed both ST shoulder and intended to pull her down from the bed.

“But, I really want…” ST tried to struggle from andromeda grasp and accidentally pull down the curtain at the head of the bed. The curtain dropped and something on the wall became visible.

post-5257-1232067150.jpg

“Looks, they can be detached from the wall.” Zack take one of the puzzle down and jumping happily on the bed.

Andromeda’s face suddenly turned red and shouted. “I see, now I knew why the table napkin I took becomes necessary!” She gently pulled out the folded napkin out from her pant pockets and unfolded it.

post-5257-1232067195.jpg

“What kind of table napkin is this?” Lazboy looked at the napkin and just the way he wanted to touch the napkin, his hand pulsed.

“You said you accidentally took this one because you were sneezing, Andromeda?” Lazboy asked politely.

“Yes, I got to wipe my nose somehow,”

“So, did you….”

“Lazboy! I have washed this napkin for at least twice a week. Please try not to make the CPB annoyed!” andromeda pretend to be angry.

“Ok, ok! Let’s solve the puzzle.” Zack looked at his friend, JeeSee, who still sleeping, decide to solve the puzzle without awaken his friend..

Dawg who has been silent for some time finally spoke, “This puzzle is going to take several steps. Let’s do it step by step!”

23 answers to this question

So I won't share it until someone else figures it out.

:P Check out dms172's Treasure hunt for a hint.

Spoiler for unless you really want to know...:

I took the pieces from the wall and assembled them onto the napkin, matching up the colors, and what became was

Spoiler for *drumroll*:

a sudoku puzzle. You'll have to solve it yourself. ;)

Then used the clues around the edge of the napkin to decipher the code used in the colorful message.

edit: That's all I'm going to say for now; I know the solution, but I'll let some other people have some guesses before I post it. :lol:^_^

Edited by lazboy

I took the pieces from the wall and assembled them onto the napkin, matching up the colors, and what became was

Spoiler for *drumroll*:

Then used the clues around the edge of the napkin to decipher the code used in the colorful message.

i love sudoku!

:)

Spoiler for *drumroll*:

Applause! Applause! You could really read my mind. :D

edit: That's all I'm going to say for now; I know the solution, but I'll let some other people have some guesses before I post it. :lol:^_^

Spoiler for *drumroll*:

i really should have known that good job lazyboy

post-10214-1232151866.jpg

oops! :blush:................... this^ and .............................this^ should be 6's i think

what "this^ and .............................this^" is pointing to (I assume it's the black box surrounding (hint!) the tan, yellow, green, and pink squares...and yes, it is a 6. And the purple box is a 5, but the rest of them are wrong.

:(

How is deciphering the code coming along?

Spoiler for it might help:

to look at it like this:

_ G I R L (underscore is only there for formatting purposes)

+ W I L L

S C O R E

I'll give it another day, and if no one seems to be making progress, I'll post the solution I got. ;):D

I'll give it another day, and if no one seems to be making progress, I'll post the solution I got. ;):D

what "this^ and .............................this^" is pointing to (I assume it's the black box surrounding (hint!) the tan, yellow, green, and pink squares...and yes, it is a 6. And the purple box is a 5, but the rest of them are wrong.
:(

How is deciphering the code coming along?

Spoiler for it might help:

to look at it like this:

_ G I R L (underscore is only there for formatting purposes)

+ W I L L

S C O R E

Good. I am waiting. :)

OK so I did the following:

Rearranged the tiles to match the napkin. But the pattern that dms172 got that woon said was correct seems wrong to me.

Solved the Sudoku giving me the following values for the coloured squares:

Red = 1, pink = 9, cyan = 7, green = 2, black = 6, blue = 4, orange = 3, yellow = 8, magenta = 5

USed GIRL + WILL = SCORE and W > G and E/R = I to come up with letters corresponding to numbers:

S = 1, I = 2, C = 3, R = 4, O = 5, G = 6, W = 7, E = 8, L = 9

Note that it would also be possible for W = 7, G = 3, C = 0 but the next bit would not work.

Substitute numbers in coloured squares for letters to give SCROLL / CEIL

So now what ?

Good. I am waiting. :)

After solving the sudoku, and putting the numbers from the corresponding colored boxes into the message, I get

3829 in 6.

Spoiler for using the other 3 clues around the napkin,:

I get the cipher to be 1=S, 2=I, 3=C, 4=R, 5=O, 6=G, 7=W, 8=E, and 9=L.

So the message says

SCROLL

CEILinG.

There is a scroll above the ceiling! :D :D :D

I wonder what it says...

edit: good work, solarfish, almost got the whole thing. I didn't notice your post before I posted; I got impatient to reveal the solution I found a couple days ago, otherwise I would have left another hint. :)

Edited by lazboy

edit: good work, solarfish, almost got the whole thing. I didn't notice your post before I posted; I got impatient to reveal the solution I found a couple days ago, otherwise I would have left another hint. :)

I was just about to come back and mention the two blacks and their significance when I saw your post, but I think I had enough to guess the next step ;)

Closing

Dawq expected to hear some commitment statement from andromeda after he said that they have to solve the puzzle step by step, but andromeda didn’t answer. Only they realized she was sleeping.

“She must be exhausted, after several rounds of solving puzzles.” Dawq sighted.

“Never mind, let us do this time,” said lazboy. He seemed figured out what this puzzle going to mean. He brief the thinking approach to the others. Dawq nodded his head to show his agree with that.

“Hey, I am in too!” they were shocked by someone they didn’t know.

“Who are you?” Dawq answered and in his hand he already holding a wooden stick for defending.

“I am dms, FIF’s friend. FIF told me that you are solving some treasure hunt puzzles. I told him I am interested in so he ask me to come over here to look for you all.”

“How’s Professor Templeton?” ask Dawq about the condition of his friend who he concerned.

“He is fine. The policemen are protecting him.” Dms walked to them to understand which puzzle they were in. Very soon, Dms put the pieces in order and come out the rest of the numbers. The gang continued from there and found the clues.

An hour later they reached to the end of solving this puzzle. Lazboy happily shouted the answer out “Scroll above the ceiling” simultaneously with another person.

“Who say that too?” Lazboy looked around and found a mysterious person standing at the door.

“It’s me, Solarfish. Don’t worry, I am a good person.” Solarfish’s head is facing to the floor and you can’t tell the voice was belonged to a male or female. ( well, solarfish, because your gender was not set in your personnel information).

Dawq look at the ceiling and noticed there is one pieces look extra clean than the others. He took a chair and stood above it. He pushed the ceiling aside and a scroll of paper dropped from there.

“Bingo!” everyone shouted!

New person included: solarfish