BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

X-Men Mafia

everything we do is suspicious. But throwing around accusations is suspicious too. I did not pick up on who peace was..care to elaborate?

Id hate to lynch him/lis if he is a goodie.

everyone is suspicious, even i'm suspicious and I'm the host! :D

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, personally, I thought it was obvious that Peace/LIS is a goodie, probably an important one. After all, Izzy, the proven innocent, did risk everything, including her role, to save Peace. How reay and you missed that is rather suspicious...

well ST it was NOT obvious to me. Care to tell me why? if you put my mind at ease then I can focus on another player to figure out. That is good for us right?

Its just that there were some things that raised a flag and each time i stop suspecting Peace/LIS there is another flag raised. And you you must agree that if you knowingly keep hinting at such things w/o saying what you mean to say then how am I not to think you are trying to keep me busy so i wont investigate another possible baddie?

well ST it was NOT obvious to me. Care to tell me why? if you put my mind at ease then I can focus on another player to figure out. That is good for us right?

Its just that there were some things that raised a flag and each time i stop suspecting Peace/LIS there is another flag raised. And you you must agree that if you knowingly keep hinting at such things w/o saying what you mean to say then how am I not to think you are trying to keep me busy so i wont investigate another possible baddie?

Well, Izzy was trying to get everyone to not lynch Peace, and went to such extremes as to almost revealing her role, and eventually, she got her role revealed whilst encouraging it. Izzy kept repeating that Peace is an important goodie over and over, and since she's Angel (unless there's a secret ability that allows you to appear like another character, which is why I'm only 99.5% sure), I'm pretty certain (not 100% sure, as I mentioned before) we can take her word on Peace being innocent. Then again, Izzy's recent comment about us hating her does get me a bit nervous...

edit: now that I think of it, it is a possibility that Izzy has a secret ability to appear like someone else at a lynching and survive? Hmm...the secret abilities do mess the scale around...maybe CP was on the right track

Edited by star_tiger

Night 2

Unexpected Conclusions

Someguy was sitting in front of the TV, trying to relax from the events that occurred earlier that day. The chaos and destruction was on the nighttime news and looked brutal. He turned the TV down as he thought he heard a knock at the door. Grabbing a nearby baseball bat Someguy walked towards the door slowly, he had a bad feeling about this. As soon as he approached the door, it was kicked in, knocking Someguy back with the door. Sabretooth stood there growling at him. Someguy looked at the bat picked it up with his mind and threw at Sabretooth, who barely missed getting hit. Sabretooth grabbed a lamp that was next to him and threw it at Someguy’s head, knocking him out. He then reached down for Someguys head, gave it a quick twist and left the limp body there for someone else to find. After all he was hungry and that was much more important.

------------------------------------------------------

Limeliam was walking back to his house when he noticed that clouds were moving in rapidly. He picked up his pace. “Only a few blocks left,” he thought to himself. The more he picked up his pace the darker the clouds got and the more the wind began to blow.

Storm: Where do you think you’re going?

Limeliam: Home, and if you got a problem with it I’d be glad to introduce you to my lighter and see if you still feel the same way.

Storm: You silly little boy, how ever are you going to direct your fire in a tornado?

Limeliam: What torna….

Just then, a tornado touched down scooping limeliam up and tossing him miles away.

Reaymond walked inside, “Hey, anyone home, you’ll never guess what happened a bit ago....hello?”

Wolverine: What happened a little bit ago isn’t important, unless you’re referring to me braking in…

Reaymond: How the…nevermind, lets go!

Wolverine extended his claws and charged at reaymond. It was a battle of animals. Wolverine had reaymond pinned. Just as he was about to thrust his claws into reaymonds heart his hand stopped.

Magneto: Now wait just a minute. You really don’t think I’m going to let you kill him do you?

Wolverine: Actually yes I….

Magneto: That was a rhetorical question! And the answer is no. In fact I’ve someone who’d like to meet you. Mr. Stryker?

Stryker walked into the room. “Heh heh thank you Magneto. You know wolverine, you’re quite a hard one to track down, let alone catch. Why don’t we go back to my lab and I’ll tell you all about your past, and your future.”

30 Minutes later…

Wolverine, Magneto, and Stryker enter Strykers lab. With Magneto’s help he gets Wolverine strapped down to the same table the Professor was cut open on.

Stryker: That is all Magneto. Allies today, perhaps enemies tomorrow.

Magneto: I’d hate to be you if it is the latter.

Wolverine looked up at Stryker, “Who the hell are you? How do you know me? What the hell do you want with me?”

Stryker: Calm down Wolverine, or should I say, puzzlegirl. Yes that was your name before the procedure. You were a military experiment. We made you invincible. We attached the adamantium to your skeleton. It was all us. And now, I want it back. You’re useless. You’re an animal running around the streets, and I’m animal control. I’m getting that precious metal back. Oh, and I don’t think you’ll be healing from these wounds….

Host: Impervious

1. star_tiger [Rogue]

2. reaymond [sabretooth]

3. A. Person [storm]

4. peace*out/LIS v2.0 [stryker]

5. Izzy [Angel]

6. Limeliam [Pyro] [killed by Storm]

7. Lost In Space [Professor X] [killed by Pyro and Stryker]

8. DMS172 [Cyclops]

9. Someguy [Jean Grey][killed by Sabretooth]

10. Puzzlegirl [Wolverine][killed by Stryker]

11. Twin Pop [Mystique]

12. RainThinker [Nightcrawler]

13. andromeda [beast]

14. crazypainter [Magneto]

15. JarZe [Toad]

16. Woon [Colossus][killed by Sabretooth]

Congrats to LIS for winning!

Didn't think the game was going to end so swiftly. Notes have been made for a potential X:2 but who knows.

You know, in my defense, it isn't really my fault. I had a, to some degree, boring role this game, and wanted to see if I could entertain myself a bit. I'm pretty much against first-day lynchings, 'cos an innocent almost certainly dies. I suppose I was wrong this time, but that doesn't mean my method wouldn't have been useful if Peace had been someone important. I think this is obvious from the things said above, but I'm going to say it plainly. I DID NOT know Peace/LIS was Stryker. >_>

Err, my action was to save myself, not that it influenced the outcome of the game.

Edit: Good game folks! This was pretty fun. Hope to see more in the future!

Edited by SomeGuy

Well this just blows! <_<

I was voting to lynch peace!

If you people weren't banned...

If Izzy...

It's just useless...

Impervious you had the game thought out nicely... but it was useless!

From being Profesor X to Stryker... hm... I wonder what did LIS find out the first night while he was still alive...

It's quite useless to reintroduce a person that was killed in the game cause we don't know what they might of find out while they were in the game as some other character!

Useless!

I demand a rematch! Same players as different characters... cause this blows people! Impervious's great effort to write the game and the characters deserves a good game cause this is downright useless!

Useless! <_<

EDIT: For bigger useless!

Edited by andromeda

I wouldn't say it was useless. It was a fun, mind-twisting, brain-numbing, murderous, lethal, brilliant game. A bit short for my taste, but LIS's/Peace's win condition stands. I would love playing in X-Men 2.0. :D Maybe we should have some more difficult win conditions though?

I wouldn't say it was useless. It was a fun, mind-twisting, brain-numbing, murderous, lethal, brilliant game. A bit short for my taste, but LIS's/Peace's win condition stands. I would love playing in X-Men 2.0. :D Maybe we should have some more difficult win conditions though?

Nonsense! Two nights and a day were stretched on week and a half. I barely played the game...

Yeah... the win conditions do stand... but what did LIS find out on night one when he was still Professor X?!

And why did you defend peace if you didn't know who she is?

And people... next time if someone says "I swear!" do not take that seriously please... :rolleyes:

This just blows! <_<

I'm not done yet!

Newbie's guide to mafia says that even if your character dies in the game you win if your team wins!

LIS was with the good guys - died!

LIS then resurrected as an independent! - Won the game!

The good guys lost the game! - LIS was a good guy at first!

LIS lost and won the game at the same time!

Those two things cancel each other out!

Nobody wins the game!

Rematch! I'm sorry not a rematch cause the first game doesn't count! Impervious don't recycle players anymore! LIS I like you, this has nothing to do with you! But am I the only seeing that there's something not right here??

If I'm the only one I'll stop playing mafia! <_< Because it's useless!

1. Andromeda

Who's with me? :)

Edited by andromeda

Yeah... the win conditions do stand... but what did LIS find out on night one when he was still Professor X?!

And why did you defend peace if you didn't know who she is?

And people... next time if someone says "I swear!" do not take that seriously please... :rolleyes:

This just blows! <_<

I'm curious about that too. Courtesy has it that you forget whatever you learnt beforehand if you get reincarnated as another player. If LIS happened to target PG Night 1, Impervious would have known this and probably been very reluctant to let him fill in.

Hehe, because I was bored? *innocent face* Saving roles are a bit boring for me, in particular when I can't even save myself, so I decided it would be interesting to spice things up a bit. I honestly believed Peace was innocent, as baddies (independents)*rarely* get lynched the first day. I knew I had next to nothing to lose (turns out I /could/ have gotten lynched, as my secret ability was to save /others/ from being lynched. Not that it matters, as the mysterious partying man saved me :P), so why not screw with everyone's minds a bit and make the game more fun for myself? No one trusts anyone in mafia anyway.

Oh, LIS, since in truth you owe me your life, want to call it a split win? ;) .. :D .. :wub: .. :unsure: .. :blush: .. <_<

I'm curious about that too. Courtesy has it that you forget whatever you learnt beforehand if you get reincarnated as another player. If LIS happened to target PG Night 1, Impervious would have known this and probably been very reluctant to let him fill in.

Hehe, because I was bored? *innocent face* Saving roles are a bit boring for me, in particular when I can't even save myself, so I decided it would be interesting to spice things up a bit. I honestly believed Peace was innocent, as baddies (independents)*rarely* get lynched the first day. I knew I had next to nothing to lose (turns out I /could/ have gotten lynched, as my secret ability was to save /others/ from being lynched. Not that it matters, as the mysterious partying man saved me :P), so why not screw with everyone's minds a bit and make the game more fun for myself? No one trusts anyone in mafia anyway.

Oh, LIS, since in truth you owe me your life, want to call it a split win? ;) .. :D .. :wub: .. :unsure: .. :blush: .. <_<

Hehe :D Guess who the "partying man was? My secret ability was I could save someone from a lynching 2 times in the game. I'm glad I used it that time :lol:

You did not Rain...

I was the mystery Man. :)

And LIS knew no other roles besides his own. Contrary to what seems to be the accusation here, I would not reinstate a character that had any other knowledge of any other character in the game. LIS's original character was already outed so there was no secret information that only he knew (except his secret ability)

SG sorry about that mis-write, i thought i had all the actions out in front of me when I wrote it.

And andromeda, X2 isn't goign to happen for a while, Izzy and I are in the process of working on another game that will come before it. however since it was apparently useless, I very well may just choose to drop the x-men line............NOW. ok :)

Also to clarify....Wolverines is invincible to anyone so long as Nightcrawler is alive except to Stryker. (a flaw i've noted)

Edited by Impervious

You did not Rain...

I was the mystery Man. :)

And LIS knew no other roles besides his own. Contrary to what seems to be the accusation here, I would not reinstate a character that had any other knowledge of any other character in the game. LIS's original character was already outed so there was no secret information that only he knew (except his secret ability)

SG sorry about that mis-write, i thought i had all the actions out in front of me when I wrote it.

And andromeda, X2 isn't goign to happen for a while, Izzy and I are in the process of working on another game that will come before it. however since it was apparently useless, I very well may just choose to drop the x-men line............NOW. ok :)

Also to clarify....Wolverines is invincible to anyone so long as Nightcrawler is alive except to Stryker. (a flaw i've noted)

To clarify LIS won and lost the game at the same time! How is that possible? <_<

I didn't mean to play X-man II but to repeat X-man I cause this outcome blows!

EDIT: I have a feeling that everything I say today is useless, because nobody reads my entire post, hence - it's useless! <_<

EDIT: Totally agree with Twin Pop - every letter - yes I read the entire post!

Edited by andromeda

You know, in my defense, it isn't really my fault. I had a, to some degree, boring role this game, and wanted to see if I could entertain myself a bit. I'm pretty much against first-day lynchings, 'cos an innocent almost certainly dies. I suppose I was wrong this time, but that doesn't mean my method wouldn't have been useful if Peace had been someone important. I think this is obvious from the things said above, but I'm going to say it plainly. I DID NOT know Peace/LIS was Stryker. >_>

Wow. I'm really in shock about Izzy's vouching for Peace because she was bored with her character. It's really difficult to defend against that kind of play.

I would respect her if she were working with Peace and fooled everyone on purpose. But just to play with all the roles for personal entertainment's sake seems disrespectful to the game coordinator as well as all the players.

I can forgive Izzy because she is, after all, only 14. However, once burned, twice shy. Perhaps the next mafia game we should play is "Aesop's Fables" and Izzy can be the boy who cried wolf? <_<

Impervious, you did a wonderful job creating this game. It was fun, entertaining and complex. Everything a mafia game should be! 5 Stars to you!

To clarify LIS won and lost the game at the same time! How is that possible? <_<

I didn't mean to play X-man II but to repeat X-man I cause this outcome blows!

EDIT: I have a feeling that everything I say today is useless, because nobody reads my entire post, hence - it's useless! <_<

EDIT: Totally agree with Twin Pop - every letter - yes I read the entire post!

LIS was the only back up available so he was chosen. if you don't like it, too bad.

And I'm not repeating it. crazypainter was done after this was finished so that's one player down.

Wow. I'm really in shock about Izzy's vouching for Peace because she was bored with her character. It's really difficult to defend against that kind of play.

I would respect her if she were working with Peace and fooled everyone on purpose. But just to play with all the roles for personal entertainment's sake seems disrespectful to the game coordinator as well as all the players.

I can forgive Izzy because she is, after all, only 14. However, once burned, twice shy. Perhaps the next mafia game we should play is "Aesop's Fables" and Izzy can be the boy who cried wolf? <_<

Impervious, you did a wonderful job creating this game. It was fun, entertaining and complex. Everything a mafia game should be! 5 Stars to you!

Thank you for the compliment. (probably the nicest thus far)

As for Izzy, her play shocked me as well. However i did not feel any sort of disrespect. If anything I found it highly amusing. One thing you'll notice, is that when certain players bounce from game to game together, they tend to try to keep the same people involved as long as possible. (well except me, but that's just how I roll)

I've decided not to release the newest game for a while now, for reasons of my own. however i will keep working on the new one. I will not however be continuing X-men. It's dead now.

I think you have organized a nice game, Impervious. If I am asking for rematch or X-men II whichever we like to call, it is not due to unfair but it is due to I am not playing enought in X-men I.

Looking forward to seeing your new game soon. :)

1 - Replacements should not have been necessary.

2 - There are no friends in Mafia. Izzy kept peace in - I could not believe I took over Stryker's role (thought there was a secret condition to Angel's role)

3 - rematch/replay v2.0 what ever - If everyone is up for it.

4 - I was lucky - it does no feel like a win. Just a game that finnished. Stryker was never gonna win without luck. I would have played vanilla after a night kill by the baddies - so Stryker appeared dead - just to surive, thanks to Izzy giving Stryker the eddge - THAT would have been a win - to only kill at the end...

ANY way That was a well designed game Impervious - I like the idea of secret conditions/abilities

and thanks for the re-enLISting.

I always hated stryker - even more now - if I was alive to hate him
I bet you all hate him/me now!

Conclusion - we all thought the scenario was great and probably our roles too - over too soon = every one disapointed

Um... about this morning (my morning)... :blush: and the whole blows - useless thing... I have some personal issues... it's not an excuse I know... I was blowing off some steam... I'm OK now. :D

It was a great game Impervious :) too bad it ended too soon!

Edited by andromeda

Again, I apologize. I had a highly selfish and immature reason to do to what I did, and I should have played conventionally, regardless of my role. Lesson learned, and, again, sorry. :(

Man, I never thought I'd let my age get the best of me.. <_<

Impervious, I meant no disrespect. I'm thrilled that you were amused. :D