BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Things you learn from tv/movies

Following up on the whole follow your dreams thing:

there will always be a whole "you're throwing away your dream" thing.

Dad: *as son shoves football helmet into his arms* what..? What are you doing son? You're throwing away your dream.

Son: *as he goes to follow the girl he loves* no dad, I'm throwing away yours.

Portal? I just played it a couple days ago (though everyone else had already played it 3 years ago...)

:thumbsup: Good job. Please be advised that the next test requires exposure to uninsulated electrical parts, which may be dangerous under certain conditions.

The Pacifier (if I'm not mistaken)

That is where I got that one from, but that set wasn't up for guessing.

--

If you miss the school bus, you can't just get a ride. You have to chase the bus all the way to school, or at least until your future girlfriend tells the driver to stop.

If you really suck at something, train every day for about a month. You will become the best in the world.

(hope those weren't already posted...)

It doesn't matter how fast you drive your car, when you make a turn the tires will always squeak even if you're going 10 MPH.

You are not who you think you are, and the world we live in is just an illusion... :ph34r:

The first murder suspect you investigate is never guilty. Neither is the second one. It's usually the third one, and when you try to arrest him, he will either shoot you or run. Be prepared.

• 2 weeks later...

NEVER bargain with the bad guys, they always either change or completely disregard the deal after they get what they want.

No matter how many times you dive into the dirt or narrowly escape an explosion, your skin will be spotless.

If a main character dies, and the plot depends on his being alive, there will be a way to bring him back to life.

If a character gets wounded, but when asked if they were okay they say "It's nothing." then it is actually a very bad wound or will soon get infected.

I got #2 and #3 from same movie, can anyone guess it?

Edited by NickFleming

If someone is trying to tell another person something important, the person they are speaking to will not let them talk and will surely die within the hour.

All villains have an evil laugh.

All people who are initially shown as bad but are actually good have an evil laugh.

Can anyone guess where I got the third one?

No, not DBZ. A more blockbustery movie.

People can survive very long drops without rolling, then immediately get up and start running, not a single scratch or bone broken.

No matter how far up you are, if you land in water you're okay, your neck doesn't snap. Even the shallow end of a swimming pool might work.

People can survive very long drops without rolling, then immediately get up and start running, not a single scratch or bone broken.

Unless you're the bad guy... You'll have some minor back pain, but after like a minute you'll be up and ready to keep on chasing the hero :P

-You can kill vampires with UV light bullets (which you can make... somehow)

-You can kill werewolves with silver nitrate bullets.

-If your head is sliced in half, don't worry, you've still got about 30 seconds to live.

- You never get hurt if you fall on a hay stack, even if you can barely see the hay stack from up there. It's far more effective than a parachute.

- If you hold your hands together in front of you chest and walk slowly, everyone will think you're a scholar, even if you have two swords and several knives hanging from your clothes in plain sight.

- If you try to climb something, every person around will stop to watch you, ask if you've lost your mind and say they won't help you if you fall.

-No one knew how to swim in 1300. Only one person knew how to swim in 1500.

Ok not really from a movie, but the topic says lessons from tv... I could play that on tv if I had a ps3 or an xbox...

-You can make a portal to another dimension very similar to this one (except that the World Trade Center is still standing and a few other differences) using something that looks like a tv remote. But if you do so, bad thing will happen, and a creature that eats mercury and shapeshifts will try to kill you.

-If you hit someone on five specific spots on the chest, the person's heart will explode after he/she walks five steps.

-With proper training, you can break out of a buried coffin and dig your way to the surface, even if your hands are tied, so don't worry about being buried alive.

-It's very easy to hide a crate full of snakes in a plane, because they have cold blood.

-There is a hidden platform between platforms 9 and 10 in King's Cross station (had to look that up) where you can board a train to a school of witchcraft. Go check it out.

-Dragons grow instantaneously while they are flying (ok, it's not like that in the book)

I'd ask you guys to guess the movies, but these are way too easy...