BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

James Bond Mafia

“Yes, of course Number One...” a man in a dark uniform nodded to someone in a large chair. A fluffy white cat tail hung over the armrest, but everything else was hidden. “Perfect...bring them as soon as you can,” a deep voice replied, his hand stroking the Persian cat. The uniformed man left quickly, leaving Ernest Stavro Blofeld alone with his cat. The chair swivelled around showing Blofeld’s scarred face. “Yes, my kitty, soon the others will join us, and SPECTRE will permanently rid the world of those MI6s...” his eyes narrowed, and his cat’s ears flattened, “...and that James Bond!” Meanwhile three figures walked down a dark hallway, towards a large office. The first was a large blonde haired man, wearing way too much gold, followed by a tough looking man with metal teeth and a man without hands, only to be replaced by metal ones. Goldfinger, Jaws, and Dr. No stepped into the circular room, and stood, awaiting instructions. “Ah good, you are all here,” Blofeld smiled, a hideous sight, and stroked his cat, “now that we know each other, we can work as a group, and SPECTRE will prevail!” The other three smiled, and their maniacal laughter rang off the walls.

“Ok, M, I’ll send him in as soon as I can. Yes I know. Of course. I’ll tell him.” Miss Moneypenny, the curly haired secretary of ‘M’, put down the phone, and picked it up again, dialling a complex number. After a couple rings, she heard a surprised “Hello?”

“Bond! Where are you! M has been waiting for almost half an hour!” she hissed into the phone. On the other end, agent 007, aka James Bond was sitting by a lake somewhere. Next to him was a pretty girl, who was looking rather upset.

“Who is that James? Not another girl?” she pouted, putting her hands on his shoulders.

“No, no Jinx, just work related...” he stopped, listening, “Yes, I’ll be there.”

“Be where?” Jinx asked, “We just got here!” But Bond didn’t answer; instead he shut his phone, and dashed to his Aston Martin, leaving a bewildered Jinx to find her own way home - or to follow Bond...

All was quiet in the Royal Jewel Depository, or so it seemed. A closer look revealed a shadowy figure huddled in the corner. This would be a new test of their skills, and effortlessly sneaking past the guards, they made it to the first entry door. They waited patiently for a guard to pass, and quietly grabbed one, expertly knocking them out. They dragged its limp body towards the eye scan, pushing them towards it. The door opened, which would have normally set off a precautionary alarm to the security office, but that had been disabled yesterday. The thief pulled out a key card, stolen earlier from the security office, and slipped it in a nearby door. They pulled a glove on, and pressed it into the fingerprint verifier, causing the door to whoosh open. The thief pulled off their face mask, letting their long brown hair tumble down her shoulders. Octopussy wasted no time grabbing all she could carry and escaping past the guards without making a noise.

M tapped her fingers on her desk, occasionally looking at the clock on the wall.

“Don’t worry M, he’ll be here soon...” Q assured her, secretly hoping Bond would be there before M would make a scene. The doorknob turned, and both people straightened up. Bond walked in, followed by Jinx, who had been waiting outside the office, to the surprise of everyone.

“Mr Bond, our agent’s report that SPECTRE is active again, led by a certain Ernst Stavro Blofeld. They are apparently coordinating over an internet site called “Brainden” M reported.

“We need you to go undercover of a member here and stop them,” Q continued, “We’ll be there too, just to watch over.”

“Along with some other agents you may remember,” M gestured towards the door where Felix Leither and René Mathis had just entered.

“Good luck to you...” Q called as the agents walked out the door.

Meanwhile, in various places all over the world, twelve people, talking to each other about the newest puzzle, were simultaneously knocked out of their chairs. Each was replaced by an MI6 agent or a SPECTRE henchman allowing them to take over their computers. As the newest mafia game began, each knew that the stakes would be much higher...

*Cue James Bond Theme Song*

Welcome to James Bond Mafia! Please read Unreality’s guide to mafia found HERE for the general rules and strategies.

Villains (Win by killing everyone except themselves, have BTSC and make a group kill every night)

Jaws: About

Can save 1 person any night, but not 2 nights in a row.

Dr No About

Can stop one person from using their ability each night, but not the same person twice in a row.

Goldfinger About

Anybody who visits him at night will die.

Blofeld About

Any night, but not 2 in a row, can investigate 1 person finding out their role.

Heroes (Win by killing all the villains and the independent)

Bond About

Can kill every night.

M About

Can find out the role of one person every odd night starting night one.

Q About

Can save one person every even night, but may only save themself once.

Miss Moneypenny About

Shown Ability Can save one person every odd night starting night 3.

Felix Leiter About

Can arrest one person a night and they are unable to vote the next day. The arrested have a 50% chance of being immune from any attacks and saving roles.

René Mathis About

Can PM the hosts odd nights, starting night 3, one name, and the hosts will tell them if they are innocent, a baddie, or the independent.

Jinx About

Shown Ability Can *cough*distract*cough* one person any night but not 2 in a row. The results of this may vary.

Independent (Win Condition kept secret)

Octopussy About

Every even night can investigate one player, finding out the role of that player but not the secret ability.

Hosts: Kat and Reaymond

1)Impervious

2)Star_tiger

3)Limeliam

4)Dms172

5)Awesomely-Awesome Person

6)Silverheart

7)Peace*out

8)A. Person

9)Grey Cells

10)Rainthinker

11)Someguy

12)Twin Pop

Reaymond will be PMing everyone's role's as soon as he can, and the night will start once we get all the PMs (we're lenient, but please, within 48 hours ;) ) Usually, nights and days will be 24 hour cycles.

<(^-^)>

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All PMs have been sent! Just a couple of reminders...

1) Please send all your actions to REAYMOND, not to me. He will pass on the actions so I can write the night post.

2) Any QUESTIONS are to be sent to me, I will answer as fully as I can (without giving anything away)

3) Please confirm that you recieved your PM, to either Reaymond or I, or both...it doesn't really matter :lol: As long as it's sent ;)

4) Have all PMs in by 7:00 AM EST on Thursday...it would be nice if we got them in as early as we can so that I can write the first night post, and we can get the game going! :D

5) Revealing of roles is not prohibited, but it kinda ruins the game, so avoid please.

6) Ghost posts must be in GREY!

Thanks! And good luck everyone!

<(^-^)>

Edit: Added the ghostly colour

Edited by Kathleen

YAY! It has finally started!!! :D :D :D I hope everyone sends in their confirmations soon :) Kat/Reay, can we send in our night PM's along with our confirmations to Reay?

Yep, but seeing as you posted on here, I'm pretty sure you confirmed...;)

<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

Yep, but seeing as you posted on here, I'm pretty sure you confirmed...;)

<(^-^)>

OF COURSE! I've been looking forward to this mafia since you told me about it!!! Only an apocalypse can prevent me from playing :D

Thanks for reminding me, Izzy, forgot to put the backups in...

Hosts: Kat and Reaymond

1)Impervious

2)Star_tiger

3)Limeliam

4)Dms172

5)Awesomely-Awesome Person

6)Silverheart

7)Peace*out

8)A. Person

9)Grey Cells

10)Rainthinker

11)Someguy

12)Twin Pop

Backups:

1) Neptune

3) Izzy

<(^-^)>

Wow, that was fast o_0 Poor Reaymond's probably pelted with PMs...*pardon my alliteration*...oh well, he wanted to do that job :P

<(^-^)>

:lol: , at least you learnt something in school ;) I hope we get the game under way soon...I'm so excited!!! :D :D :D

Wow, that was fast o_0 Poor Reaymond's probably pelted with PMs...*pardon my alliteration*...oh well, he wanted to do that job :P

<(^-^)>

Anything but to be honest :o I have only actually had 1 action in so far (not including those who can't act tonight due to specificities)

Also, Kat i think it would work better if day/nights end at 7:00P.M. GMT. That way I am online to get all the PM's and forward it to you, who then wakes up, comes online and sorts everything out (remember our short conv's on MSN because there was only 1/2hr when we were both online) :P

Anything but to be honest :o I have only actually had 1 action in so far (not including those who can't act tonight due to specificities)

Also, Kat i think it would work better if day/nights end at 7:00P.M. GMT. That way I am online to get all the PM's and forward it to you, who then wakes up, comes online and sorts everything out (remember our short conv's on MSN because there was only 1/2hr when we were both online) :P

Just because I'm too lazy to google, does anyone know what the time difference is between Central Standard Time and GMT? Thanks!!!

Just because I'm too lazy to google, does anyone know what the time difference is between Central Standard Time and GMT? Thanks!!!

GMT=CST +6hrs (2:01 CST atm, 8:01 GMT now)

Edited by reaymond

Wouldn't matter, star, we're in Eastern Standard time ;) Yeah, ok that sounds good, let me just figure out when that is my time...-_-

<(^-^)>

Edit: Thanks Reaymond ^_^

Edit 2: Oh, that's perfect, I'll get the PM's right after school ends ^_^

Edited by Kathleen

Ahem, well... I thought I'd sent mine in? I'll double check, and maybe just send it again. Sorry about that.

Edit: If it was me...

c'mon everybody let's get those PM's in so we can get this show on the road all the suspense is killing me.

Edited by Impervious

yay bond! what exactly does a backup do? (I know, I signed up for the job, whatever... :P )

If someone can't continue playing, you will take their place...I'm worried about Awesomely-Awesome Person...apparently they haven't been on in a while...:unsure:

<(^-^)>

yay bond! what exactly does a backup do? (I know, I signed up for the job, whatever... :P )

Backups are used to replace inactive player or those who need to drop out due to personal reasons.

ex: Izzy 2.0 replacing Blade in RvB mafia.