remember which 2 switches you used though

One will be lit, another will be warm, and one will be cold

This will tell you which bulb goes to which switch

I've seen this someplace else before so i'm pretty sure its right

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....First, I would turn on one light switch, wait atleast 5 minutes and then turn it off. Then I would turn on another light switch, and walk into the room. The one that is on; is the one you just turned on. The one that is warm is the one that you had initially turned on. And the cold one that is not on is the third light switch.

Karrie

turn up one of the switches for 15 minutes. Then turn that one off and turn on another one. Go upstairs and one feel the bulbs. One will be warm going to the first switch. One will be turned on going to the second switch. And One will be cold going to the switch you didn't touch.

This is the way it is done:

Turn one switch on and wait for a little while.

Then turn another switch one and rush into the next room.

Touch the bulb if it is the hot one then that is the one that was turned on first the other bulb is the second and the one that is off is the third.

Does anyone thing that will work.

Well,I suppose this could be a way out of the problem...

Let's say three switches namely S1,S2,S3 are in one room,say A.Corresponding to these,three bulbs namely B1,B2,B3 are in the other room,say B.

Firstly,I ll switch on S1 switch and after 5 min switch on S2 switch.

And then ,I ll move to the room B .

Clearly,the one which is not glowing will be the bulb for switch S3.,ie,Bulb B3

and now to check which is Bulb1,Bulb 2 out of the two,I ll touch both the bulbs.

The comparative hotter bulb will be the one for Switch S1 and the relatively cold will be the one for switch S2.

Guess,approach is correct

I came to a conclution :

First turn on a swich and leave it on,

Leave one swich off the entire time,

Next turn on the final swich for a couple minutes then turn it off,

Go to the room with the lights, one light should be on, thats the first swich,

One of the bulbs that are off should be warm, thats the third swich,

and the other bulb should be off and cold because it was never on, thats the second swich.

first switch on the first one, one bulb will glow. now the other two , pick one switch make cross connection say joint positive and negative wires , so bulb will blast. left the third one. in this way u can be 100% sure about which switch belongs to which bulbs

First ON A Switch...

Wait for 20 minutes ....

ON the second Switch...

Go into to the Seond room(Bulb Room) where bulbs are

Check which on is more HOT (WARM)...

That would be the one which is turned on by the First Switch We Truned on. . .

Second ON bulb will be Swithced on by the second switch....

And the OFF bulb will be related to the switch which we have not turned on.....

I would switch switches 1 and 2 on and leave number 3 off. Then I would enter rooms 1 and 2. If they are both on, you know that room 3's light is off, if one or the other is on and the other is off, you know that room 3's light is off. Whichever light is off, you know which switch that is connected to. Now all you have to do is go back and switch one of the "on" switches to "off". Go back into either room that you know had a light on before, if it is off, it is connected to the switch that you just changed to off. If it is on, you know that it is connected to the only switch left on. Example:

switch 1 and 2 on, leave 3 off. walk into room 1 (on), 2 (off), 3 (on). Now you know that room 2 is connected to switch 3, because both are off. Walk back to switches, turn number 1 off. Go back and walk into room 1, if the light is off, it is connected to switch 1, if the light is on, it is connected to switch 2. Will work in any situation.

I am sure the answer was somewhere in this forum already, but I sure wasn't reading through 17 pages of comments.

haha

So you leave one light on for a while and remain in the switch room.

Then after a few minutes turn it off and turn on another switch.

Remember which switch you hit first and walk into the bulb room.

Then with superb powers of deduction and touching the "off" bulbs to see which is warm-you have your answer!!

hey people, can we get the true solutions from the person who created the puzzle instead of these dimwit answers that i see posted up here?? i mean c'mon everyone, this is suppose to be a fun place,not a place where we just take a stab in the dark and think we have the right answer!!

so let the creator post his/her solution. its like telling a joke without any punch line this way... I want to know the REAL solution!!!

hey people, can we get the true solutions from the person who created the puzzle instead of these dimwit answers that i see posted up here?? i mean c'mon everyone, this is suppose to be a fun place,not a place where we just take a stab in the dark and think we have the right answer!!

so let the creator post his/her solution. its like telling a joke without any punch line this way... I want to know the REAL solution!!!

here it goes (it is on the first page)

Bulbs - solution

Keep the first bulb switched on for a few minutes. It gets warm, right? So all you have to do then is ... switch it off, switch another one on, walk into the room with bulbs, touch them and tell which one was switched on as the first one (the warm one) and the others can be easily identified ...

Turn the first two switches on and wait 20 minutes, then turn the second of the two switches off.

Go into the room.

The light blub that is on belongs to the first switch.

The light blub that is off but is warm belongs to the second switch.

The light blub that is off and is cold belongs to the third switch.

Now was that hard?

Well.... it doesnt say that the switch had to be off when you went into the other room.

With that being said.... logically if you walked into the other room where the bulbs were I would see how they were arranged. So lets say they were arranged in a triangle (since there are only three). The light switches could be in a single line on the wall in the other room. Lets say I turned on the first light switch in the room... I go into the other room and the bulb furthest away is lite (cause it doesnt say the switch can't still be on when you walk into the other room). I would then say the bulb to the right would belong to the second switch and the next to that would belong to the third switch because I would just assume they are sent up clockwise.

Could you not turn one light on, walk in to the room, unplug one of the lights that is not on (while notating which one is on) go back out, turn the light off and toggle between the other two to figure out which one belongs to the unpluged light as well as the other?

Simple ..... (assuming that u can atleast see a shadow of a light)

first you have 3 bulbs ... lets call them bulb 1, bulb 2 and bulb 3 .... and we have 3 switches .... switch x, switch y, switch z.

1st you press on any switch of them (only one) and you go into this room and see which bulb was lit ... lets say that switch x corresponds to bulb 2, before you leave, unhook/remove/disable any of the remaining two bulbs (not the one that was lit)... remove only 1 of them.

now go to the room containing the switches, u already know that swicth x corresponds to light bulb 2, if u press on one of the other switches and u see a shadow of a light, then this swicth corresponds to the light bulb number that u didn't dispable, but if there was no light then this swicth corresponds to the light bulb that u've disabled:-D

hope that this is the right one !

First flip on one switch for five minutes, turn it off... next turn on the second one for five minutes, turn it off... next turn on the third one for five minutes, turn it off... then go into the room and feel all the bulbs and find out which one is the hot, which one is warm, and which one is cold.

I can understand that you would know the first instance, but I am a little unclear about how you would find our which were the other ones, since they would still be 50/50 how could you determine that without actually seeing the bulbs in the other room?

The real and harder enigma is that you can only switch 2 bulbs among the three.

Switch on the first 15 secondes and switch off.

Switch on the second and enter into the piece.

One lamp is on (2nd switch)

One lamp is hot (1rst switch)

One lamp is cold (3rd switch)

That doesnt take you 15 minutes lol And i think that two lamps can be cold after 5 or 10 minutes (you dont need to switch all the three and wait 5 minutes each time excepted if u like losing your time to know how to light a room LOL)

That just take 20 seconds

hi, better do one thing, number the switches 1,2,3.now switch on

switch 1 for at least 30sec ,now switch off tat and switch on 2 . go to the room with bulb

now u can see the bulb which is on and is correspond to switch 2, now just touch any one the bulb which is off ,nd the one u feel hot correspond to switch 1, and the cold bulb ill correspond to switch 3

regards

linil