BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death Note Mafia: Rematch

Yoruichi-san

I agree, it was good to avoid that lynch, especially since all we really got out of it was a bandwagon >.>. That was a hilarious post, too, btw Y-san. Hopefully tonight will get the ball rolling though. Good luck DNH! We're coming for ya.

Your avatar looks like a DNH :P A very shady character <_<

What do you say Bb ???

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok well I see alot has gone on since I was last on.

Firstly... thanks Watari, you made the right decision, you'll see in time (although that was a big risk on your part, and a dodgy one at that...). As for my absence it was down to two things: 1) Sleep and 2) School. At the time the votes were piling up against me it was in the early hours of Monday morning, because I'm not around is no reason to vote for me :). I'm just in from school around an hour to find things totally not how I expected them to be. TF you're lucky, as I think those who swung things on me aren't exactly our friends on this one.

Secondly... the CL business. At the time I asked her would it be a good idea to reveal her role because we were all under the assumption that CL was going to die Night 2. (Check the post again and it's timing). Y-San hadn't given the reason CL had been mentioned yet, that came later, a good while after I had asked CL to out her role. So when I asked that I was of the belief that she was going to die and that the DNH knew her True Name, so I thought that us TF should know it too. Now I see that that's not the case and I now retract that request (even though there's no need to at this stage :P).

On this note... although [i think] it was star_tiger who iniated the voting against me for the comments I made against PT, it was definitely a baddie-bandwaggoning situation, but I don't think ST is DNH/Shinigami. I'll go over the timescale of it all again and see who I think were trying to get rid of me. I was an easy target as the baddies probably knew I was asleep and that I wouldn't be around to defend myself, and they even used that in their accusations.

Gracias again Watari.

O and btw, the amount of people now saying that it was good Watari stopped the vote - if that's the case why did you vote for me in the first place? Covering their tracks maybe?

Good choice Watari. Day 1 is surely the best day to use your saving ability. Though I have no idea how you can tell who is what already :blink:

Got my eyes on you Bb... I mean there's an obvious detail in the role descriptions that would lead you to make an educated guess about my role. On this occasion Watari did not use it to save L. But I mean in this case it's the obvious conclusion without hearing from me. To be honest I'm not going to go out of my way to make you all believe I'm L, it does me no harm after all.

But I would question the emboldened statement from you there Brandonb... surely you the roles and their perks inside out no? I would be surprised if you didn't, especially since Watari hasn't been changed from DNM 1. So why that question, when there's an obvious assumption to make on who I am... ? Not sure about the why yet, but I'm suspicous now...

------

Btw sorry Bb, it always seems like I go after you in these games :P. But like Jumper Mafia I think I'm right on this one :)

O and btw, the amount of people now saying that it was good Watari stopped the vote - if that's the case why did you vote for me in the first place? Covering their tracks maybe?

Because of Watari's action we know more now than we did before...so we know you are TF and that Watari did the right thing.

And I am sorry I went after you. I knew your comment might be an innocent misunderstanding of the rules, but it was all I had. And it's for the best anyway...had we accidentally picked a different TF member, the result wouldn't have been as good.

Because of Watari's action we know more now than we did before...so we know you are TF and that Watari did the right thing.

Though I'm inclined to believe he is TF, we don't know it for sure. Watari may have just wanted to negate a lynch-vote that was based on nothing. At that point Watari could only know L and one other's ID, so it's not a given that Watari knows JS is TF.

Bb's comment was indeed shady which is why I replied to it, seeing if he'd take it any further and he didn't which is a good strategy for baddies. The more they talk, the more they let odd statements slip like: "I have no idea how you can tell who is what already" -Bb to Watari. So, I'm with JS thinking Bb is highly suspect. Also, I'm still on Sinistral's case. He was a little too clever last game as Light (in fact both of them were very clever). So, if I die tonight, I suggest putting pressure on those two.

Though I'm inclined to believe he is TF, we don't know it for sure. Watari may have just wanted to negate a lynch-vote that was based on nothing. At that point Watari could only know L and one other's ID, so it's not a given that Watari knows JS is TF.

Bb's comment was indeed shady which is why I replied to it, seeing if he'd take it any further and he didn't which is a good strategy for baddies. The more they talk, the more they let odd statements slip like: "I have no idea how you can tell who is what already" -Bb to Watari. So, I'm with JS thinking Bb is highly suspect. Also, I'm still on Sinistral's case. He was a little too clever last game as Light (in fact both of them were very clever). So, if I die tonight, I suggest putting pressure on those two.

I hadn't been around to respond to it, otherwise I might have.

Anyways, obviously there is the chance that watari would save JS b/c he inherently knows JS's identity (seriously... how could I not know that?). Sorry for trying to deter the obvious info a little, so that the DNH would doubt the assumption that would come from those events. Way to go confirming his role guys. Maybe you'll catch on when others step up in his place. <_< Sorry for trying to help JS, I'll be sure not to bother trying next time.

I'm not going to say too much about why I think this, but I wouldn't let Watari's saving him make us not suspicious of JS. If he did it for the reason that I think he did, then it was a real smooth move by Watari, and I hope it works out, but I don't think that Watari is telling us that JS is L.

I hadn't been around to respond to it, otherwise I might have.

Anyways, obviously there is the chance that watari would save JS b/c he inherently knows JS's identity (seriously... how could I not know that?). Sorry for trying to deter the obvious info a little, so that the DNH would doubt the assumption that would come from those events. Way to go confirming his role guys. Maybe you'll catch on when others step up in his place. <_< Sorry for trying to help JS, I'll be sure not to bother trying next time.

So you were assuming the baddies didn't read all the characters' roles? I'm not buying that. :rolleyes:

Edit: and no roles are confirmed by our doubts of you B))

So you were assuming the baddies didn't read all the characters' roles? I'm not buying that. :rolleyes:

I never said anything like that. I said that there was no way to confirm the suspicions that were implied by Watari's unprompted save.

I see that you are hunting me for some reason. I tried to deter the spotlight from JS just in case he is the role that was implied, and I'm certain that you would also jump on me if I had made the obvious statement about who he may be. Either way you're trying to build suspicion about me... why is that? Are you hoping that a TF is lynched tomorrow?

I never said anything like that. I said that there was no way to confirm the suspicions that were implied by Watari's unprompted save.

I see that you are hunting me for some reason. I tried to deter the spotlight from JS just in case he is the role that was implied, and I'm certain that you would also jump on me if I had made the obvious statement about who he may be. Either way you're trying to build suspicion about me... why is that? Are you hoping that a TF is lynched tomorrow?

:lol: I'm not the one who jumped on the JS bandwagon. I wanted to push Sinistral a little and the bandwagon blocked that path. How convenient for you DNH's.

***Cough***

It was all in the rules, for anyone who bothered to read them...and asterisks are there for a reason... <_<

Y-San apologies, but I was merely pointing out that I had misread what was going on like others, not that you hadn't explained yourself, because I realise I should have read the rules better, and I was trying to explain the CL incident. Sorry for not reading properly again.

OK, I'm not sure if this is a correct assumption or not, but the people who were mentioned in the day post cannot be Watari? I was just picturing the day post scene in my head, and it just seemed like it isn't possible for the people who were talking in the post to be Watari...or maybe I'm just suffering from lack of sleep and is slowly going crazy :P

I don't imagine Y-san would put that big of a hint in her posts.

Good point. Proof that I am slowly going crazy... :P

OK, everyone is assuming JS is L, but isn't it also possible that he is Watari and saved himself? I know it doesn't sound likely by the way the post was written, but it's still possible ;)

I am assuming no such thing.

I'm removing the bit about why, because I don't want to give it up, if it is what Watari is doing. However, let's not jump to any conclusions, folks. Remember that there's some crafty folk out there, and that the good guys need to rely on trickery as well.

Edited by SomeGuy

OK, I'm not sure if this is a correct assumption or not, but the people who were mentioned in the day post cannot be Watari? I was just picturing the day post scene in my head, and it just seemed like it isn't possible for the people who were talking in the post to be Watari...or maybe I'm just suffering from lack of sleep and is slowly going crazy :P

I agree with SomeGuy. Don't read too much into the people mentioned in the post as they were just personifications of their arguments from the day.

I think that this is a good indication:

***Things to remember:***

The things that are guaranteed to be in the Night Post are the things stated in the role descriptions, as well as the name of those players who were written into the Death Notes to die that Night, and if the kill is successful, the details of the death may be chosen by the DNH. Anything else is up to creative license on my part, so don't read too much into it. (emphasis added)

Hmm...I think I remember someone somewhere mentioning to read the rules... :P

I would say that it's probably not too useful to speculate on which role JS actually has as the DNH (and Shinigami) would very much like that information for all of us (if they don't have it already. <_< ) Plus if you make it too obvious which roles you don't have, it will make it easier for them to place roles on other people and to place you into the remaining roles. Unless you are Watari, in which case I applaud your strategy...woops, maybe I shouldn't have said that. :unsure::P

Firstly, sincere apologies for not being here or getting involved with the voting - not much activity when i was last on and unexpectedly without internet access for the last 24 hours or so. Thanks for not bumping me off for inactivity, Y-san! (I think i was my name still there :o) And promise to make up for it now...

Anyways, looks like I didn't miss too much as W used his save to prevent a random, confused lynch. Will be back with more once I've read what I missed...

IMHO that was classic day 1 oops-we've-accidentally-lynched-a-goodie voting so I think I may well have done the same if I was Watari. So with that in mind, i agree with Itachi and dawh that i think we can't really say anything about JS. He could be Watari/L or equally anyone else but just lucky that Watari trusted him.

Actually, i can see very little information yet as there haven't been that many posts. I'll reserve further judgement until after the night post which i'm hoping will be full of useful titbits about the baddie identities!

As it's likely I'm to be killed tonight now's the time for me to speak up...

Naomi Misora: If I die seek me out after tonight. I've some interesting info.

Wedy: If I die tonight, on Day 2 connect up Naomi Misora with whoever you feel right in the circumstances (you, the Chief, Mellow or Near etc.) As Y-San said at the beginning:

Pay attention not only to your role, but to the possible interactions b/w roles. That's a big part of how this game was set up. Remember...apart you are weak, together you are strong...and be willing to make sacrifices for the team ;P.
So we need to connect.

You know I don't think I can make this post without revealing the already guessed fact that I am indeed L.

----------------

To the DNH: I have a proposition. Tonight I have found out one of your identities using my detective abilities. I also know who Ryuk is from Night 1. As it stands you're in an ok position, would have been better if you had have succeeded in lynching me, I'm supposing you didn't foresee Watari's excellent intervention [thanks again]. In tonight's post Misa may even be exposed as well which puts you down.

My request is this:

Let me get my Night Message out.

Let's say you don't. I die and pass on the info to Naomi. Also Watari will know, remember he's privy to my secrets. So two people will know, quickly to become 3.

Now if you do let it through... you get Ryuk. Out in the open during the day, where he can be lynched, and you don't have to waste a Death Note on him. If I don't get it through Ryuk doesn't get passed on to Naomi, so he's still out there unknown.

Since Ryuk probably doesn't want his name outted, you may deserve an apple tonight JS. If you make it though the night I'd say Mogi should tail you or whoever they think Wateri is (if you both make it) for the next night. It too bad it can't be done tonight. I think Wedy's next step after delivering your final message would be to hook up Mellow and Near so they can coordinate their efforts for a smaller percentage of reveal. Good luck tonight TF.

Edited by Prof. Templeton

Since Ryuk probably doesn't want his name outted, you may deserve an apple tonight JS. If you make it though the night I'd say Mogi should tail you or whoever they think Wateri is (if you both make it) for the next night. It too bad it can't be done tonight. I think Wedy's next step after delivering your final message would be to hook up Mellow and Near so they can coordinate their efforts for a smaller percentage of reveal. Good luck tonight TF.

Wedy coordinating actions between Mellow and Near is a good idea. That way if they both do the same action against the same person the chances of their identities being revealed is half of what it usually is.

Bb's comment was indeed shady which is why I replied to it, seeing if he'd take it any further and he didn't which is a good strategy for baddies. The more they talk, the more they let odd statements slip like: "I have no idea how you can tell who is what already" -Bb to Watari.

Bb has been a very shady character and as we all know about his shifty eye :P He has made a slip and he is high on my suspicion list too.