BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Shakeepuddn

Question

Enough of your itchy son's molehill and tat!

Of Google tables and this and that.

Enough softballs from the likes of me;

The name of this game is methodology.

Enough softballs sent to you,

Though in this rhyme you will find a clue (or two).

You can call me a riddliculous jerk,

But all I ask from you is “work.”

From a seasonal put down of a maternal dame:

the woe of a crippled Roi’s dental pain . . .

A bit of a prep pertaining to

an empiricist of Alba’s era (and the agent too).

Good luck.

24 answers to this question

Patrick Roi perhaps? I would guess a hockey puck to be the cause of his toothache. But he's a goalie, so the mask would prevent that, so maybe a fist or two?

This here is a nice piece of riddle.

Thanks grayven.

Patrick roi . . . No. Look up meaning of Roi, go for a name. That part is just a clue (though it will easily lead to the riddliculous answer if if you can deconstruct it).

Louis XIV suffered from just about every ailment known to man. Syphilis, gangrene, tapeworm, gout - you name it, he had it. I'd wager chronic toothache was among his many afflictions...

what do i know about Alba
Was a name for Scotland and a new name, relatively, for jessica - Fantastic four was an Empire movie I think - cant do anything else with this...

Good luck

I got that and...

Apparently, Alba is the name of that rabbit that glows bright green under UV rays.

Very clever, hints that get bogged down in pop culture when you google them. Thanks for nuttin' :P

Yes on Scotland.

Louis . . . no, but right track.

Nothing math. All English and literature related.

Can be straight relation as in:

"Jetson head folliage" = George Bush

or with a phonetic twist, as in:

"single soldier house for a sweet home without an Al" = barrack abama (Obama)

This should ease it up.

Cheers

Enough of your itchy son's molehill and tat! why not my sin's itchy son's molehill and tat ... meaning bad - itchy mole cancer??

et ait rex num superest aliquis de domo Saul ut faciam *** eo misericordiam Dei dixitque Siba regi superest filius Ionathan debilis pedibus ??? one of those variable interprtational sentances where the king asks if anyone fromt the house of saul who hecan doa kindness like god, apparently Siber's son does have lame feet - not sure if he has a rash and dental probs jonathon

The name of this game is methodology. nowt of these three

Though in this rhyme you

will find a clue (or two).

But all I ask from you is "work." these four mowt also

From a seasonal put down of a maternal dame: seasonal -put down rain snow or leaves amternal dame -mother of ????

the woe of a crippled Roi's dental pain . . bent up king with toothache

an empiricist of Alba's era (and the agent too). Devid Hume + Piere Bayle perhaps

All i can think of is the Madness of king GEORGE, but im not able to make real connections

Wow!

I figured if you guys (and girls) could decipher combo meal, no problem. I guess there’re more mathheads than linguists here. Ok, maybe some clarification is in order:

The intro is nothing to the riddle, it’s just a quip about hopping back and forth from periodic table to math table figuring out Yor-ichi-san’s (your itchy son) combo meals, and about how mild and easily slain my first riddles were. My original deconstruction, though tagged on first reply, is an example of what’s required. (Cartesian infinitive = to be)

Main riddle is looking for a work of literature: the title can be phonetically reconstructed from clues in section set off by asterisks. Just prior to, are clues as to author, basic plot, main character: “A seasonal put down . . .”

Example of method for deciphering: “An article for climactic phenomena pertaining to conflict”

An article (the) climactic phenomena (winds) pertaining to (of) conflict (war)

Book: The Winds of War

Each clue does not neccessarily equate to a single word. It could be a phonetic part. Watch for sequence.

Easy . . . right?

Enough of your itchy son's molehill and tat! why not my sin's itchy son's molehill and tat ... meaning bad - itchy mole cancer??

et ait rex num superest aliquis de domo Saul ut faciam *** eo misericordiam Dei dixitque Siba regi superest filius Ionathan debilis pedibus ??? one of those variable interprtational sentances where the king asks if anyone fromt the house of saul who hecan doa kindness like god, apparently Siber's son does have lame feet - not sure if he has a rash and dental probs jonathon

The name of this game is methodology. nowt of these three

Though in this rhyme you

will find a clue (or two).

But all I ask from you is "work." these four mowt also

From a seasonal put down of a maternal dame: seasonal -put down rain snow or leaves amternal dame -mother of ????

the woe of a crippled Roi's dental pain . . bent up king with toothache

an empiricist of Alba's era (and the agent too). Devid Hume + Piere Bayle perhaps

All i can think of is the Madness of king GEORGE, but im not able to make real connections

So obtuse intro and a inference that Y-san is male and has a skin condition .....

off to work we go on the crippled regal requiring dental work, not forgettin the dame too - ah

QE1 had a bad leg - she had wooden teeth, and rivalled mary Qn of Scots

Ill look at it tomorrow

[spoiler='male with skin condition, LOL!

Just phonetic wordplay, though Yor revealed his gender through his college-prank anechdote.']Think about the term "Roi" (English?)

Perhaps it's not the roi that's crippled : )

So obtuse intro and a inference that Y-san is male and has a skin condition .....

off to work we go on the crippled regal requiring dental work, not forgettin the dame too - ah

QE1 had a bad leg - she had wooden teeth, and rivalled mary Qn of Scots

Ill look at it tomorrow

Enough of your itchy son's molehill and tat!

The name of this game is methodology.

Though in this rhyme you will find a clue (or two).

But all I ask from you is “work.”

From a seasonal put down of a maternal dame:

the woe of a crippled Roi’s dental pain . . .

an empiricist of Alba’s era (and the agent too).

Good luck.

If the agent is Mr. James Bond, then that would make the title "Of Human Bondage" making the author William Sommerset Maughham. The Season would be Summer, obviously. Still working out the details though.

Very nice riddle! I tend to prefer these of the "math-free" variety. My math skills are well beyond rusty.