BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

25 answers to this question

It is flat, but it has aspects that make it almost seem like a pointed roof. Like I said earlier, it would still be a very strange-looking roof in that case.

maybe you can put it in sketch up warehouse - the sketchup perspectives are a little unusual

it doesn't look like a roof because there is no top and it doesn't look like no roof since there is no visable lines to show the wall and the floor. I say it has a roof though since the line could slope up or dow to show a roof its all about the angle you look at it. ^_^

[spoiler=My long boring opinion :P ]It has a roof, but it is not a pointy roof. Rather a flat roof with a diagonal line across it. If there was nothing accros the top of the structure, there would be lines to represent the interior walls on the back side. So it can't be totally roofless.

But there is only one line across the top dividing the top into two triangles, You can not build a pointy roof with any less than three trianges. So these two triangles have to be in the same plane, creating a flat roof.

So, the short answer, in summary, is that the house has a flat roof with a diagonal line across it.

Edited by shandy alexis

Yes it does have a roof. The image looks distorted due to the viewer being at the exact point where they would be looking down the plane of the back side of the roof such that thier sight angle matches the pitch of the roof. This lines up the rear walls of the house with the roof line thereby making it look like the back of the roof does not exist.

[spoiler=My long boring opinion :P ]It has a roof, but it is not a pointy roof. Rather a flat roof with a diagonal line across it. If there was nothing accros the top of the structure, there would be lines to represent the interior walls on the back side. So it can't be totally roofless.

But there is only one line across the top dividing the top into two triangles, You can not build a pointy roof with any less than three trianges. So these two triangles have to be in the same plane, creating a flat roof.

So, the short answer, in summary, is that the house has a flat roof with a diagonal line across it.

Maybe the two visible triangles are hiding the other triangle? :P