BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cruise Ship Mafia II

Mekal

That's what I mean, but only I would have to disagree and say that the SA should get GC, that way it's a sure kill, it would do us no good if our RC got Save...

Ok. So here's my argument about the MH/SA not using their kill on GC yet: GC is harmless until night 4. So, he must be killed tonight, lynched tomorrow, or killed tomorrow night, or lynched the next day. Assuming a nurse doesn't do something stupid, we can guarantee a kill on any of those four occasions. If we find a prisoner by some spying role etc tonight/tomorrow day, we need to be able to lynch them so they don't get to use their night ability. But even if we do succeed in that, and GC doesn't die tonight at the hand of the prisoners/RC, then SA can kill him tomorrow night. And even if we find another baddie role, then we've still got the following lynching...

I agree that the worst case is that RC gets save and the SA accidentally kills an innocent tonight. It's a risk I'd think we should take and, therefore, I'd like a nurse please ;)

edit: forgot the lynching on day 4

edit2: the important thing about RC targeting GC is that we might get to use his kill ability, either tonight or tomorrow night.

Edited by foolonthehill

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. So here's my argument about the MH/SA not using their kill on GC yet: GC is harmless until night 4. So, he must be killed tonight, lynched tomorrow, or killed tomorrow night, or lynched the next day. Assuming a nurse doesn't do something stupid, we can guarantee a kill on any of those four occasions. If we find a prisoner by some spying role etc tonight/tomorrow day, we need to be able to lynch them so they don't get to use their night ability. But even if we do succeed in that, and GC doesn't die tonight at the hand of the prisoners/RC, then SA can kill him tomorrow night. And even if we find another baddie role, then we've still got the following lynching...

I agree that the worst case is that RC gets save and the SA accidentally kills an innocent tonight. It's a risk I'd think we should take and, therefore, I'd like a nurse please ;)

edit: forgot the lynching on day 4

edit2: the important thing about RC targeting GC is that we might get to use his kill ability, either tonight or tomorrow night.

No but here's my argument :) ...

Having played in games where a known baddie has been on the loose for a few day/night periods, i know that it causes problems for innocents. Big ones!

He's already trying to interact with the pirates and more could come of that if we don't be careful (which makes me suspicious... are you a pirate <_< ?). He's already a nuisance and he will become more of a one if we don't kill him tonight.

Also he's a confrimed baddie, if the SA targets someone else he could end up killing an innocent by mistake...

Edit: all in Mafia spirits GC ;)

Edit 2: Yeah was thinking that about Slick too, but at the same time it's not a good idea for Prisoners to kill off another baddie, it's not in their interests so early in the game... so i trust Slick (for the time being anyway)

Edit 3: Nurses be careful about protecting FOTH, remember we have a hitman in our mongst this game... and I'm worried it might be him/her... (sorry i don't know your gender :P)

Edited by Joe's Student

-Nurses: Save a) Slick and someone else (i wouldn't mind a bit of protection ;))

-Room Cleaner: Pick FOTH, PG, or someone else you think is suspicious, hoping you get the right option. (Try not to pick who you think SLick will try and identify...)

-Slick: Do your own thing man ;)

I'm confused. What do you know about slick?

edit: nvm. I just reread his posts earlier which implied he was the minor hacker/RC. My worry is that he could be the Techie....

Edited by foolonthehill

lol weve got a bit of an argument developing here (surely 2 people ont eh same side wouldn't argue?)

all ive got to add is that as an inncoent i think we should kill off GC A.S.A.P as we don't want to kill one of ourselves. We many end up killing off a role that may be critcally important later on in the game.

No but here's my argument :) ...

Having played in games where a known baddie has been on the loose for a few day/night periods, i know that it causes problems for innocents. Big ones!

He's already trying to interact with the pirates and more could come of that if we don't be careful (which makes me suspicious... are you a pirate <_< ?). He's already a nuisance and he will become more of a one if we don't kill him tonight.

Also he's a confrimed baddie, if the SA targets someone else he could end up killing an innocent by mistake...

Hey! JS I am offended. :P Keeping me alive has the following advantages:

1. You have a better chance of finding who the prisoners are(by elimination).

2. I cannot kill tomorrow night, that's an advantage for you guys.

3. Most Important: The SA can target an innocent who is protected by the nurse. That way you won't lose an innocent. How's that? B))

EDIT: Typo

Hey! JS I am offended. :P Keeping me alive has the following advantages:

1. You have a better chance of finding who the prisoners are(by elimination).

2. I cannot kill tomorrow night, that's an advantage for you guys.

3. Most Important: The SA can target an innocent who is protected by the nurse. That way you won't lose an innocent. How's that? B))

EDIT: Typo

Guys don't listen to him! His baddie mind is corrupting us... SA RC and others i'll leave it upto you to decide but I'll just say:

A baddie is a baddie is a baddie! and shouldn't be allowed to live.

(Even if he is as nice as GC :P)

In return, I'm a bit suspicious of PG - that looks like a well thought out and considered strategy/response - possibly one drawn up in agreement with other people, perhaps your prisoner mates?.

Oh give me a break! If that's your reasoning then we are ALL baddies as we are ALL noodling up a strategy to eliminate GC with the least number of casualties. Look, GC doesn't have BTSC with the prisoners so there is NO WAY for them to communicate their roles to one another. Because of this GC targeted people he most believed to be innocents (including myself.) If you all are suspicious of me then send a spy role after me tonight...but don't waste the Room Cleaner as he has more important business to attend to.

In addition, I would suggest that the Room Cleaner might still want to go after GC. Consider the options: he gets (1) save, which he obviously declines, (2) spy which is pretty useless, (3) kill which is still worthwhile because we know he's a baddie and he has to die sometime, (4) role manpulation where he gets to kill someone else for the innocents (5) cleaning - I have no idea what this means!.

It's a bit riskier as he might get (1) or (2), but the chance for another kill by the innocents (either the terrorist or a suspected baddie) might be worth it.

This is a BAD idea...a horrible waste of resources. We should hold off on killing GC tonight and try to stop some other murders from happening instead. Tomorrow we can lynch him. If, by chance, we come across another baddie in the night post then we can kill them in the night. Remember folks, all three prisoners make only ONE kill each night. It doesn't take all three to make that happen. WHat I'm trying to say is that weather we lynch a known prisoner tomorrow or not, it is not going to stop the prisoners from killing again tomorrow night. They have no saving role among them, so we can easily kill them then.

P.S. cleaning means he does nothing - it's a wasted move.

Guys don't listen to him! His baddie mind is corrupting us... SA RC and others i'll leave it upto you to decide but I'll just say:

A baddie is a baddie is a baddie! and shouldn't be allowed to live.

(Even if he is as nice as GC :P)

and what are YOU so afraid of, JS? Not wanting us to target a prisoner tonight?? I was pretty sure you were an innocent up until this statement.

Oh, nevermind. I re-read all of your posts and I think you seem pretty legit. Still skeptical of FOTH though.

Edited by puzzlegirl

:lol: That's just pointless! If we were going down that road them we might as well kill you! As for reaymond's concerns about arguing, i think it just proves js and i aren't both prisoners! If you recall i agreed with his original vote.

If the RC wants to check me, go for it but please please don't kill me. If you get the choice then spy... If slick is the thief then he can also check me.

I think we need to hold off killing GC now as he can't do anything anyway, and instead lynch him tomorrow. Try checking up/killing(if RC) on some other people instead, as killing GC tonight is just a waste of resources. :D

Edit - typo

Edited by Panther

hang on a second... - maybe its just me on my first time but theres a problem.

2)CP [Dead: killed by swat agent] ye?

But the SA only kills on prime nights. Is it just me or is 1 NOT a prime number?

Think Mekal didn't notice(neither did I untill you pointed it out)

The acual definition of a Prime number is 'a number which has exactly two factors'

So no, 1 isn't a prime number! *calls for Mekal* Mekal, you've got a problem! :P

Edit - This is a definition of a prime number

Edited by Panther

:lol: That's just pointless! If we were going down that road them we might as well kill you! As for reaymond's concerns about arguing, i think it just proves js and i aren't both prisoners! If you recall i agreed with his original vote.

If the RC wants to check me, go for it but please please don't kill me. If you get the choice then spy... If slick is the thief then he can also check me.

I must say, at first, I thought you were an innocent. After reading your posts, I definitely decided to scratch that idea. You and GC can make a good team. I'm obviously innocent, way more than you could ever be. Why would you try to label me, with techie or thief, unless you are desperate to throw your evil BS around, in attempts to fool, the innocents? I made my plans in the best interests for innocents, and I will need protection/saves throughout this game. Everyone cross your fingers until the night post. I will not point at anyone else yet. Though, as alot of us, I have inklings also. :D

1 Totally isnt a prime number, it's more commonly known as the "Identity" *shrugs* Don't ask me why.

I think I'm suspicious of Slick ( srry but u've mentioned that your innocent in like EVERY post, little desperate?)

Also, I haven't heard from Lime at all besides his 1 line post....

Right now I'm thinking Slick :) No offense.

1 Totally isnt a prime number, it's more commonly known as the "Identity" *shrugs* Don't ask me why.

I think I'm suspicious of Slick ( srry but u've mentioned that your innocent in like EVERY post, little desperate?)

Also, I haven't heard from Lime at all besides his 1 line post....

Right now I'm thinking Slick :) No offense.

You are only after the most active people. Wait until Mekal posts, before you start that bull. ;)

Also, I am willing to be arrested or spied/checked out to prove it. Of course it is a waste for that on me but, not for you.

Edited by akaslickster

Speaking of inactivity, I would just like to say that Silverheart and I will be gone from 8:30-3:15 EST tomorrow because she has musical practice and I'm volunteering at it so *shrug* Sorry. I'll check in the morning, and try and bring my laptop to check during that time, but no promises.

~Kat