BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Pirate Mafia

Soon hopefully, i think everyone who played would agree that this was great! Except for Wally West maybe :rolleyes: ...

Why do you say that? I enjoyed it very much: what I got to play of it, at least. And I found reading the point system very funny. Apparently I'm the only one who didn't choose to protect a Pirate! :lol:

And thank you, Captain Sinistral, for great hosting and the very concise and interesting stories! :D

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you say that? I enjoyed it very much: what I got to play of it, at least. And I found reading the point system very funny. Apparently I'm the only one who didn't choose to protect a Pirate! :lol:

And thank you, Captain Sinistral, for great hosting and the very concise and interesting stories! :D

No i meant b/c you had died early and in the manner you did, but I'm glad you enjoyed it all the same! :D

Aye captain! Every darn livin' body onboard, me guess. Me missin' bad ole' Long John Silver. A worthy pirate, that one. :P

Aka, if ye want I am willin' to drown ye in Booze. Itachi claims T'was Cap who drank a barrel of wine and found him stowed in there. Wonderin' why Itachi was hidin' in there? :lol:

EDIT: Sorry didn't see edit part, cap.

I was hinting that I was the bartender here. Just having some fun. :P Anyway, the pirates got me confirmed as the Bartender on the second day itself.

Arr! Blast you Itachi! You really stole the wine and poisoned Slick. Slick matey, sorry you had to die because of my negligence. :P

I was hinting that I was the bartender here. Just having some fun. :P Anyway, the pirates got me confirmed as the Bartender on the second day itself.

Arr! Blast you Itachi! You really stole the wine and poisoned Slick. Slick matey, sorry you had to die because of my negligence. :P

I was only happy to live that long. It did not waste my time, like some of the other ones. :D

I was only happy to live that long. It did not waste my time, like some of the other ones. :D

Agree, I notice all the time you been killed at the early stage either night 1, day 1 or night 2.

Agree, I notice all the time you been killed at the early stage either night 1, day 1 or night 2.
I recovered, and I do think people should stop bringing up the past games or arguments from the past. No exceptions. I am just being just. They get into a pattern with lynching/plank etc. There is no exuse to think about the past games of Mafia, when a random role has been chosen for each individual game. Well, I bet this is nonsense too. Maybe I need to explain more for others to understand. :D Edited by akaslickster

I recovered, and I do think people should stop bringing up the past games or arguments from the past. No exceptions. I am just being just. They get into a pattern with lynching/plank etc. There is no exuse to think about the past games of Mafia, when a random role has been chosen for each individual game. Well, I bet this is nonsense too. Maybe I need to explain more for others to understand. :D

As far as I know, that's not possible for the human mind. But of course, we shouldn't make posts relating to that, rather we should keep it to ourselves. Hmmm..sounds rather difficult. :P:D

My reasons for going after CL, JS and some others game after game is clearly psychological. But I try my best to keep those thoughts aside. And I am successful most of the times. But I assure you JS, I really was just suspicious of you this game, though somehow it didn't feel quite right. On the first day, you were the only other crew member to vote for CP. CP's changing of votes seemed a typical Mafia move, so I voted for her. My reasoning was, if you were in cahoots with her, you would just place a seemingly non-influential vote for your fellow pirate and even if CP was revealed as a pirate later in the game, you would be pegged as an innocent crew member. But as I said I felt something was not right about my reasoning, I just don't know what. Even now. ;)

As far as I know, that's not possible for the human mind. But of course, we shouldn't make posts relating to that, rather we should keep it to ourselves. Hmmm..sounds rather difficult. :P:D

My reasons for going after CL, JS and some others game after game is clearly psychological. But I try my best to keep those thoughts aside. And I am successful most of the times. But I assure you JS, I really was just suspicious of you this game, though somehow it didn't feel quite right. On the first day, you were the only other crew member to vote for CP. CP's changing of votes seemed a typical Mafia move, so I voted for her. My reasoning was, if you were in cahoots with her, you would just place a seemingly non-influential vote for your fellow pirate and even if CP was revealed as a pirate later in the game, you would be pegged as an innocent crew member. But as I said I felt something was not right about my reasoning, I just don't know what. Even now. ;)

I totally understand, i was thinking when the night came after that day, that you would be suspicious of me as it was a funny move i know... just i got a feeling and that was it :). But i think i understand because previous times playing, even though I was a baddy i just got so into the game that i played as if i was innocent, trying to expose Mafia's and QA's and GR's, and you picked up on that, so now like in this game, i played as an innocent yet you can't help be suspicious of me :P. It's not previous roles that the suspicion is based on, it's the player's way of playing and how they've played in previous games, and what tactics they used.

JS, GC, it was so hard to play that last game! Its always hard to play a baddie for me. But with Ysan at the helm that one game we rocked it! If it wasnt for her...I would have been dead!

I tried to playit innocent but it really does come down to psychology. Sometimes it is intuition as well. When I play an innocent and I smell a villian I am usually right. I dont know why. I cant even come up with a reason for it. like when you both suspected me last game. I dont know what I said to draw you to me. Mustve been animal magnitism. he he

I recovered, and I do think people should stop bringing up the past games or arguments from the past. No exceptions. I am just being just. They get into a pattern with lynching/plank etc. There is no exuse to think about the past games of Mafia, when a random role has been chosen for each individual game. Well, I bet this is nonsense too. Maybe I need to explain more for others to understand. :D

slicky-tricky, you have my respect and are a great player. I just coudnt shake you last game. But all of us will defend ourselves when tested, wait you didnt one game...had something to do with an elevator....but I think you were innocent. Hmmm, I will never figure each player out so I dont try. Have a great night and see ya later bud!

One piece of advice to all you Mafia players: never, ever claim that "if you lynch me, it will be bad for the Innocents" or something similar. It never turns out well, and only gets people angry at you :D

ha ha

you posted a site a lil while ago and it said if you say that it means you are a baddie.....

I did? Was it 'epicmafia'? They agree with me? Hehe :P It's true though, that was one of Slick's statements that damned me. It doesn't offer any incentive for innocents to not lynch the person, in fact it angers them and frustrates them since it's such an empty, malicious statement, kind of like "if you are an innocent why are you being so unhelpful?" and so doesn't help to alleviate accusations or lynch votes

I did? Was it 'epicmafia'? They agree with me? Hehe :P It's true though, that was one of Slick's statements that damned me. It doesn't offer any incentive for innocents to not lynch the person, in fact it angers them and frustrates them since it's such an empty, malicious statement, kind of like "if you are an innocent why are you being so unhelpful?" and so doesn't help to alleviate accusations or lynch votes
Well I lived to the end. I did it honestly as well. I may not play for some time because I will die on the first night. :P:P

JS, GC, it was so hard to play that last game! Its always hard to play a baddie for me. But with Ysan at the helm that one game we rocked it! If it wasnt for her...I would have been dead!

I tried to playit innocent but it really does come down to psychology. Sometimes it is intuition as well. When I play an innocent and I smell a villian I am usually right. I dont know why. I cant even come up with a reason for it. like when you both suspected me last game. I dont know what I said to draw you to me. Mustve been animal magnitism. he he

Yeah! It's difficult but being a baddie is what is challenging and loads of fun. I love being a baddie. :D (hey! only in Mafia :P ) You played well CP, but being a baddie one has to make some posts which somehow prove suspicious to others. :lol:

Yeah! It's difficult but being a baddie is what is challenging and loads of fun. I love being a baddie. :D (hey! only in Mafia :P ) You played well CP, but being a baddie one has to make some posts which somehow prove suspicious to others. :lol:
Well , my friend Brandon has been very good at some of the obstacles involved. Hence why I suggested he give you all some pointers. I am looking for a game that I can construct on my own.

It will not be a Mafia rerun. I thought about this scenario and it will be completely original and enjoyable. Please give me time to put the finishing touches etc. I think this will be the best ever imaginable. I may even start my own site for it. :lol:

I am sorry if I offended you because of this. I just happy because I able to perform the doctor role to save someone. That's all only.

I will zip my mouth then......

I am sorry if I offended you because of this. I just happy because I able to perform the doctor role to save someone. That's all only.

I will zip my mouth then......

No. No one had offended me about anything. I just dislike mixing Mafias together and bringing up past when the present consists of entirely different roles etc. I merely prefer all of the players of the game, in that game, to stick with that one only. I thought unreality had rules with that. :D

Well , my friend Brandon has been very good at some of the obstacles involved. Hence why I suggested he give you all some pointers. I am looking for a game that I can construct on my own.

It will not be a Mafia rerun. I thought about this scenario and it will be completely original and enjoyable. Please give me time to put the finishing touches etc. I think this will be the best ever imaginable. I may even start my own site for it. :lol:

Slick, I try to throw you all off my scent when I am bad. I give reasons but sometimes they dont work. No worries though. I look forward to your game. Hey I almost convinced you during this one and that makes me happy. I am usually a problem solver and need to think in terms of different problems. Its all practice for me. But I have been the bad gal in the past and gotten away with it so I know I am doing something right...

Slick, I try to throw you all off my scent when I am bad. I give reasons but sometimes they dont work. No worries though. I look forward to your game. Hey I almost convinced you during this one and that makes me happy. I am usually a problem solver and need to think in terms of different problems. Its all practice for me. But I have been the bad gal in the past and gotten away with it so I know I am doing something right...
I sometimes have that sixth sense working and at first I thought Joe was BSing me, and then it kicked in. I followed my intuition to trust JS, and righteously so, all went fine. It's like a gut feeling. I am not sure at other times and just stab in the dark. I will be trying to create a great game. If I don't like it then I can still do something that I found at another site. :D Peace out.