BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Anime Battle Royale

itachi-san

12 people assembled in a field in the Hidden Leaf Village. None of them appeared to know anyone else and each looked as if they had killed before. Some were more dangerous looking than others, but a cute face wasn't about to fool any of this unlikely party. Trigger fingers twitched, sword hands moved ever so slightly. "Just what was this all about?" they each thought. "Why assemble us here? And with that odd hawk's message we received a week ago. It said 'Travel to the Hidden Leaf Village in one week's time. Assemble in the burnt out field in the center of the former Uchiha Clan's Sect. Bring all weapons and defenses you can carry. You will become stronger'. It was an odd message but it obviously got us all here. I guess everyone is as power hungry as I am in this bunch..." The 12 people inched slowly away from each other until they formed a wide circle. All eying each other with malice until a form began to take shape right in the center of their deadly circle.

itachi02_large.jpg

Without hesitation, the strange, yet dangerous man in the black cloak with red cloud pattern began to address them all. "My name is Itachi Uchiha. My organiztion, Akatsuki, has delegated me the responsibility of recruiting new members. We only except the strongest and most fearsome fighters. If you need to be saved then there is no place for you with us, thus there are no saving roles here. If you need someone to protect you, there is no place for you with us, thus there are no protective roles here. You are all killers, whether you fight for justice, money or bloodlust. And you all have the ability to protect yourselves in a number of ways. I have hand selected the most dastardly Villains and the most powerful Heroes for this Battle Royale from some of the most popular Anime stories. If you are unfamiliar with your character feel free to use the links provided to brush up on their personalities and accomplishments. That knowledge may come in handy, though it is not necessary, nor will I use such extraneous knowledge as hints when I describe each showdown with the exception of a weapon. The Day and Night cycles will be 12 hours, though I will be lenient in this regard to an extent, especially at Night. However, if I deem you lack the courage and stamina to continue fighting I will slay you myself and replace you with someone from the waiting list.

"Since we are all gathered here in my birthplace, the Hidden Leaf Village, this is the perfect opportunity for me to introduce everyone and explain each of your strengths and weaknesses. Each Hero has 2 unique Defenses, and 2 Items. On any Night a Defense or an Item may be used, but no action may be taken that night if a Defense is used. The Villains have Defenses and Items as well, but have dissimilar amounts. I suggest you all use them wisely. To reiterate, you cannot Defend and Attack in the same Night, but you can use an Item and Attack in the same Night. You will be staying in the former houses of my diseased clan. Their spirits don't haunt this area so fear not from them. They haunt me, but that is another story."

Edit: Each of your Defenses and each of your Items may only be used ONCE during the entire game

---

Villains: Each has their own agenda for winning

The Geass Order: (GO) knows each other at the beginning. They all use Eye techniques and attempt a kill each night without exception. They win by killing everyone else. Do not underestimate their power. There are 3 members with unique Geass abilities, one of which can actually produce a 4th Geass Member despite that player's wishes. During the Day each Geass User (GU) has unlimited use of their Geass power to break free from a lynch and kill a random Hero in which their eyes are exposed (I will explain Blind-folded Lynching later). At night however, each member may only use their Geass once effectively. If they are attacked before they use their ability, then they use their one effective Geass to turn the tables on their attacker and kill them instead with a 50/50 chance. This kill would be in addition to the GO's Night kill. If a GU is attacked during the Night they use their Geass Ability or after that Night, then they will overuse their Geass in a desperate attempt to save themselves. This will result in the GU dying and their attacker has a 50/50 chance of surviving the clash. If someone is wearing their Blindfold when the GO attacks then there is a stalemate and no one dies, but the victim has a 50/50 chance of learning the Identity of a random GU.

LeLouche: His Geass Power is Definitive Order. One time, LeLouche can order any player to attempt a kill on any other

player that Night.

Rolo (sorry not much web info on Rolo): His Geass Power stops time for everyone but the GO and can prevent the death of any one GU of his choice that Night.

If used, that GU cannot be found. This ability like all Night Geass' can only be used once.

C.C.: Her Geass Power can be used once to turn another player into a member of the Geass Order [Marianne]. There is a 50/50 chance that person accepts. If they decline there is a 50/50 chance they learn CC's identity.

Marianne (sorry not much web info on Marianne either): Only created if CC's Power is successful. Her Geass Power Shape changes herself into any other player. She will then create a moment of shock for the GO's victim, and be able to break any Defenses and successfully kill their target. This of course, can only be used once.

If Ed Elric's Alchemy is perfected for the specific GU he targets he will break all Defenses and kill him/her.

Light: uses his Death Note to kill someone each night. He wins by killing L, Alucard, and the GO. Light cannot kill Ichigo and has a 50/50 chance of his Identity being leaked to Ichigo if he tries to go for him. Light has a sick sense of justice and believes he is doing good, but will kill anyone who gets in his way especially the great Detective L. If Light targets someone using a False Name, then he is fooled and enters the wrong name into his Death Note. His victim has a 50/50 chance of learning his identity. Ichigo is never fooled by Light's Defenses though and will break his Defense and certainly kill him.

Light has 2 defenses: He can frame an Innocent bystander twice to take the fall for him.

Light has 1 Item: a Blindfold

Alucard: The most powerful Vampire. He wins if everyone else is dead and/or under his future power. There is no defense from him for anyone. When he attacks he has a 50/50 chance of either killing his victim or biting them and converting them to becoming his future subordinates. Conversion will not take effect during this Game though and changes nothing to the converted character.

He cannot attack the same person twice. Yuna can break his defenses and summon him back to Hell no matter what.

His 2 defenses summoning the Hounds of Hell to absorb his assailant's attack and by accepting a mission from his Master, he cannot be found.

Alucard has 2 items: a blindfold and a false name

Heroes: win by killing all the Villains

Spike: (Bounty Hunter) There is a vote each odd day for who Spike will go after that Night. This is because Spike needs to get paid and the Village can only raise enough money every other day for him. On odd nights, Spike finds his softer side and works for free and of his own volition. There is a 50/50 chance Spike has done his homework and will find out that night if his prey is a Villain or a Hero. If he finds out they are a Hero, then he will be inactive that night.

His 2 defenses are his comrades Jet and Faye, who will die for him if he asks.

His 2 Items are a Blindfold and a False Name

L: (World's Greatest Detective) Figures out a random Villain every odd day. Each night, L can mobilize the world's Police Force to apprehend his suspect. Knowing these people though, there's no way any of them are going down without a fight to the death, unless they have defended themselves. When I PM L his role I will include a tip from one of L's informants. The informant isn't very reliable though so there is a 50/50 chance that the tip is bogus. It will be up to L to act or defend on the first night. If L is Defended properly any given night, there is a 50/50 chance he has set the perfect trap for his assailant and will Identity them.

L's 2 Defenses are a stealthy retreat to his secret base where he cannot be found and a Body Double who will die for him.

L's 2 items are a Blindfold and a False Name

Ichigo: (Death God/High School Student) Is pissed Light has a Death Note and wants him dead. The only person Ichigo can kill is Light and will kill him no matter what. If Ichigo goes for someone else there is a 50/50 shot his identity is revealed to them or their identity is revealed to him.

Ichigo's 2 defenses are his comrades Renji and Rukia who will die for him.

Ichigo's 2 Items are 2 Blindfolds (since Light cannot Kill him)

Ed Elric: (Alchemist) Every odd day he formulates a way to effectively counter a random Geass User. If he attacks a GO that he knows how to counter he will kill them no matter what.

Ed's 2 defense are his Brother Al and his comrade Mustang who will both die for him.

Ed's 2 Items are a Blindfold and a False Name

Naruto: (Ninja) There is a 50/50 shot he will either kill or befriend a Defenseless person he targets. Naruto has a nack for befriending even the cruelest of people sometimes. Either way he learns their identity, but he cannot target a friend again.

Naruto's 2 defenses are his Sensai Iruka and his Sensai Kakashi who will both die for him.

Naruto's 2 Items are a Blindfold and a False Name

Kenshin: (Samurai) There is a 50/50 shot he will kill a Defenseless player. If he doesn't, he is so ashamed he will never try to harm that person again.

Kenshin's 2 defenses are hiding off in the country with his Lover Tomoe and training in the woods so no one can find him.

Kenshin's 2 Items are a Blindfold and a False Name

Yuna: (Summoner) There is a 50/50 shot of her killing a Defenseless Player. In true Final Fantasy fashion her experience gets greater he time she fights. The second time she attacks she has a 75% of killing, the third is 100% unless they use a Defense. Also, Yuna can send Alucard back to Hell if she targets him due to her incredible summoning power with other dimensions breaking right through any of his Defenses.

Yuna's 2 Defenses are Ixion and Bahamut who will summon themselves and hide her up in the Heavens for that Night and she will not be able to be found.

Yuna's 2 Items are a Blindfold and a False Name

---

The Day Cycle is 12 hours whether you have voted or not. Assume the Night Cycle is 12 hours as well, but I will be lenient on the Nights since everyone must participate then.

Lynching will be death by the Akatsuki.

On odd Days there are 3 votes. Lynch, Blindfold Lynch, and Spike's Bounty. The Blindfold Lynch cannot be used twice in a row, but it is the only way to lynch a GU. If a GU is tried for a lynch without a blindfold on they will use their Geass to free themselves and kill a random Hero. Simply put, the only way to cleanly kill a GU is a Blindfolded Lynch.

On even Days there are only votes for a Lynch and whether or not to use a Blindfold on the Suspect. Spike acts on his own

for Odd Nights.

Character Identities will only be revealed if they are killed during the day.

Basically, every player has to send a Night PM every Night.

---

Right now you all will know each other by these names, though of course, your true identities are hidden:

Recruiter: Itachi

1)LIS

2)FIF

3)Kat

4)CP

5)Mekal

6)Brandonb

7)Y-San

8)GC

9)CL

10)Joe's Student

11)Prince Marth

12)taliesin

Backups:

1)Nayana

2)dawh

Let the Battle Royale Begin!

With that Itachi vanished just as he had appeared, without a trace. Each member of the Battle Royale took one look at the battlefield and ran in opposite directions. They were no cowards, but not stupid enough to enter a Defenseless melee either. They needed to plot their best move for the first night. "Play it safe and Defend or be aggressive and Attack?" they all thought.

The First Night has started and am awaiting PMs from all. Let's assume it will finish 12 hours from now, but it may be extended quite a bit since the Game wasn't intended to start so soon.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: ok... seriously one of the wierdest games I think I have seen on Others. So complicated and confusing!

Haha not weird! totally cool! so many permutations! yea it's a bit complicated.. but so was Mafia at the beginning, and everyone's in the same bot so you're not at a disadvantage that way :D

This is uber-cool Itachi... is it your own creation or do you this game from somewhere else? If it's yours its quite the piece of work B)) .

Haha not weird! totally cool! so many permutations! yea it's a bit complicated.. but so was Mafia at the beginning, and everyone's in the same bot so you're not at a disadvantage that way :D

This is uber-cool Itachi... is it your own creation or do you this game from somewhere else? If it's yours its quite the piece of work B)) .

thanks! it's a creation of my own. i understand it's a lot to absorb which is why I'm going to lenient on the Day/Night cycles. and yeah, you're all in the same boat basically ;)

thanks! it's a creation of my own. i understand it's a lot to absorb which is why I'm going to lenient on the Day/Night cycles. and yeah, you're all in the same boat basically ;)

I know absolutely nothing about Anime or anything related, i never really got round to exploring it at all.

But yea, i guess there could be 4, 5, 6 kills tonight or there could be none, its hard to work out what the POA should be :lol: . Everyone could defend, everyone could slaughter each other like the melee you mentioned in the intro, I'm scared to think what this game would be like with 20 players :wacko: ... scary thought, too many possibilities.

But yeah anyway can't wait until this gets going :D

I can see this looking something akin too 'the life of brian' the 'crack suicide squad' - lets all defend tonight..

great intro, and setting Itachi-san, And thanks for the easy read format (btw - CAPS WORKS BTTR 4 ME)- I have half a chance more of understanding the roles much quicker .... Night one has begun I'm on till 01.00 hrs GMT + 1 so that's another 90 mins, a quick look in the morning to see the night post before meeting friends ... hope I live to see them (ha ha)

I can't say this is not interesting.... cos it is ..GO ABR!!!

and Kat - it is night, a fright night!! Alucard - hmm that's a strange name Drac is such a card - perhaps i shld not say that as you all will get ideas, but it was irisstable, just gonna check you all with my mirror (or look for the one with untidy hair (unless there is a Mrs Alucard.. back to the mirror thingy).

OK, I think I understand what happens at night. The blindfold lynch thingy has me all confused. How many lynches are there on a given day? Two? Or just one but we have to decide whether to do it blindfolded? And what does it mean to be blindfolded? I guess we can sort that out at daybreak. For now, let the attacks begin!

OK, I think I understand what happens at night. The blindfold lynch thingy has me all confused. How many lynches are there on a given day? Two? Or just one but we have to decide whether to do it blindfolded? And what does it mean to be blindfolded? I guess we can sort that out at daybreak. For now, let the attacks begin!

There is one lynch per day and it is up to you all to decide if the suspect will be blind-folded or not. The point of the Blindfold is to kill the GO. If they go up for the lynch without a blindfold on then they turn the tables on the Heroes. The trick is that the Blindfolded Lynch cannot be used 2 days in a row.

Yes, it is the first night. Let the killing/Defending begin. PM your choices. Obviously there isn't too much to go on yet, but most players only have 2 Defenses to use for the whole game so choose wisely. Also, remember that you can Attack and use 1 of your items at the same time.

There is one lynch per day and it is up to you all to decide if the suspect will be blind-folded or not. The point of the Blindfold is to kill the GO. If they go up for the lynch without a blindfold on then they turn the tables on the Heroes. The trick is that the Blindfolded Lynch cannot be used 2 days in a row.

Yes, it is the first night. Let the killing/Defending begin. PM your choices. Obviously there isn't too much to go on yet, but most players only have 2 Defenses to use for the whole game so choose wisely. Also, remember that you can Attack and use 1 of your items at the same time.

Thanks for the clarification. Now a question about the items. Many players have two items: a blindfold and a false name. I understand that the false name would protect against Light's Death note, but what does the blindfold do? Is this related to the blind lynch, or something else?

edit: letter q

Edited by Cherry Lane

I'm pretty sure that if you use a blindfold, then the GO can't kill you or something :wacko:

~Kat

Right. I got confused by the blind lynching. I'll go make sure I real ALL the rules :P

edit: wasn't finished

Edited by Cherry Lane

Right. I got confused by the blind lynching. I'll go make sure I real ALL the rules :P

edit: wasn't finished

I have read the rules multiple times and am still confused. A few more times ought to

do it. So who do we lynch tonight? Its gonna be random I know.

Ok who is the equivilant of the GR?

:D this is going to be awesome! lol... the narato character sounds like he is in the show :D what is the false name though?

A defense against Light's Death Note, I would have to assume.

Edited by Prince_Marth85

I have read the rules multiple times and am still confused. A few more times ought to

do it. So who do we lynch tonight? Its gonna be random I know.

Ok who is the equivilant of the GR?

We dont lynch it's night tonight/now - it's slay or be slewn, atack or defend ... Playong the blond card CrazyP?

A defense against Light's Death Note, I would have to assume.
- Picking it up quick, that's what we like to see.

Off to bed this is a quandry

Clarifications:

Tonight there is no Lynch. Lynching is done during the Day. Tonight everyone must pm whether they want to Attack or Defend. If you choose to Attack you may also use an Item.

Defenses and Items may only be used ONCE. It doesn't matter whether you get targeted or not. As an example: if you use your 2 defenses in the first 2 nights and no one attacks you those nights, they are gone for the rest of the game.

The false name is something like "John Doe" not another player's name. It will keep you safe from Light and can only be used once.

The blindfold will keep you safe from the GO because they can't make eye contact with you. This can only be used once also.

The Blindfolded Lynch is something else entirely. During the day, everyone votes whether they want to blindfold the Lynch victim or not. If they don't use a blindfolded lynch and the suspect turns out to be a GU, then they will free themselves and kill a Hero. If they do use a blind folded lynch and the suspect is a GU, then the GU is helpless and will die without harming anyone else.

I'm slightly starting to understand...It would probably be a bit easier if I had played one of the Mafia games though. Hehe.

...I don't think it helps (says someone who's not only played but hosted her own ;P)...

And I don't think knowledge about Anime helps either...cuz I'm still confused... :wacko:

On the plus side, it looks like it will be a lot of fun...:D

Clarifications:

Tonight there is no Lynch. Lynching is done during the Day. Tonight everyone must pm whether they want to Attack or Defend. If you choose to Attack you may also use an Item.

Defenses and Items may only be used ONCE. It doesn't matter whether you get targeted or not. As an example: if you use your 2 defenses in the first 2 nights and no one attacks you those nights, they are gone for the rest of the game.

The false name is something like "John Doe" not another player's name. It will keep you safe from Light and can only be used once.

The blindfold will keep you safe from the GO because they can't make eye contact with you. This can only be used once also.

The Blindfolded Lynch is something else entirely. During the day, everyone votes whether they want to blindfold the Lynch victim or not. If they don't use a blindfolded lynch and the suspect turns out to be a GU, then they will free themselves and kill a Hero. If they do use a blind folded lynch and the suspect is a GU, then the GU is helpless and will die without harming anyone else.

Thanks You Itachi for those clarifications!!!!!!

My hair is changing back to brown now LIS........

...I don't think it helps (says someone who's not only played but hosted her own ;P)...

And I don't think knowledge about Anime helps either...cuz I'm still confused... :wacko:

On the plus side, it looks like it will be a lot of fun...:D

ya... me too... like (if my memory serves me correctly from when i read hellsing) wasn't alucard a good guy?(ill check up on it... i think i still have a copy of one of them in my room) though the clarifications help... can you end the night at 10 a.m. tomorrow or the day at 10 p.m. because if it ends at 2 i cant vote...

Edited by Mekal

OK curious about the timing.

This is to be a 12/12hr d/night game but we started today and at night...

so what are the day hours going to be????? and night???

Every time I make a Night or Day Post, I'll specify what is expected and how long everyone will have to either pm or vote. I have about half of the Night pms so far, so it looks like you shouldn't expect the First Night Post until tomorrow.