BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Strange Coins

rookie1ja

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
As a coin collector myself, any Half Dollar coin would likely be worth more than $.50 because of its age. if it was in mint condition, (no scratches, mold. . .) than it would be worth even more than 50 cents. :P

Worth more than .50 to collectors, not anyone else

• 2 months later...
There is no half dollar..

designations of the coins r cents, nickels (2 cents), dime (10 cents), quarter( 25 cents!)

u shud probably consider changing ur question to 30 cents instead of 5!

i dont know what country you are from but a nickel is (5 cents) and we do have 50 cent pieces but they havent been in production for probably 20 years.

• 4 weeks later...
As a citizen of the United States of America, raised by a father who collects coins, I hereby attest to the fact that a "Half Dollar" does in fact exist and is still commonly used in daily purchases. The question is correct. The Math is correct. The actual value of a nickel is 5 cents. (Just a little side note: The designations of U.S. coins are not only cents. There is the sacajawea dollar, morgan dollar, Kennedy Half-Dollar, Susan B. Anthony Dollar, and Eisenhower Dollar.) I don't intend to be rude but please consider doing some research before claiming the admin is incorrect. I have been reading random Brain Teasers today and haven't found him/her/it/them/etc to be incorrect. Thanks.

AMEN Odhinn! What are you talking about vennelaaaa? By the way, there are also all those new dollar coins that are being issued with the various presidents on them.

Actually, The half dollar is considered paper money, according to the PA mint.