BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Speed Mafia

Brandonb

Just to clarify. I'm not gonna mention the Doctor doing anything unless the Doc actually makes a save. So no matter who the Doc is, there is a decent chance that there will be no doctor activity tonight.

Then again, it is possible that as many as 5 people could die tonight, so the doc stands a decent chance of saving someone.

ah i c. also, can the policewoman do this every lynch or just the once?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

We have had a repeat of day 1 in M4F14.

The Police Officer arrested BL before the lynchers could get him to the chopping block. No one is dying today!

Still, just to be clear, BL is not having any kind of picnic either.

All PO puzzles are pleasantly provided by your puzzle princess: Mathgirl

Actually, I'm No Princess (which I've also chosen as my theme song ;P)...as BL will no doubt find out :D

haha. work that crazy witch doctor over please.

ok, can someone please clarify this: the point of saving Ben was that if there is no Doctor activity tonight then we can almost assume he is the Doctor. Which I may do. But is that the only reason? And what if he doesn't answer the riddle correctly?

edit: ok i get it somewhat. if he's wrong he stays in jail and then we'll know. so Ben, if you get out of jail, save either yourself or rene tonight and I will believe you. If the Doctor is someone else and Ben is free tonight save someone else.

The problem here for you is how would you know that I am in or out of Jail, since for you, I am not The Doctor, I am just another obstacle ??? :P

haha. work that crazy witch doctor over please.

ok, can someone please clarify this: the point of saving Ben was that if there is no Doctor activity tonight then we can almost assume he is the Doctor. Which I may do. But is that the only reason? And what if he doesn't answer the riddle correctly?

edit: ok i get it somewhat. if he's wrong he stays in jail and then we'll know. so Ben, if you get out of jail, save either yourself or rene tonight and I will believe you. If the Doctor is someone else and Ben is free tonight save someone else.

Let me work this out logically -

If (You = killed by the Mafioso)

You != Mafia

Else

You = Mafia

Let me work this out logically -

If (You = killed by the Mafioso)

You != Mafia

Else

You = Mafia

What are these attacks about? If you weren't being defensive about being bad you would see that everyone thinks you're suspicious and there are many reasons. You have not posted or acted like the Doctor character at all and claiming to be the Doctor is the easiest claim for a baddie to make right now. As far as I'm concerned you're still prime #1 suspect. You have also yet to make total sense in any post. And since you're unsuccessfully trying to make me look bad for no reason other than me being suspicious of you, that only makes you look more devious, especially to me.

Also, I don't think I got an answer. Can the police officer use their power more than once?

What are these attacks about? If you weren't being defensive about being bad you would see that everyone thinks you're suspicious and there are many reasons. You have not posted or acted like the Doctor character at all and claiming to be the Doctor is the easiest claim for a baddie to make right now. As far as I'm concerned you're still prime #1 suspect. You have also yet to make total sense in any post. And since you're unsuccessfully trying to make me look bad for no reason other than me being suspicious of you, that only makes you look more devious, especially to me.

Also, I don't think I got an answer. Can the police officer use their power more than once?

Yes, the PO arrests someone each night (has to be PMed before the day post).

To GC: i think you said you were voting for me because of how i played the previous game was similar to this game, but that's just how i play (and btw i don't even know the way that i play lol :P )

It was not your style of playing, last game you asked me to target Brandon and kill him if possible. That made me target you because I was thinking "Why is JS diverting attention towards Brandon?" That sort of thing. :D

well I dont know what to say. I am a bit disappointed.

I return to find BL was saved. I was so looking forward to a good lynching ha ha :P

But the fireworks were incredible at the concert tonight! I thought the Bowl caught on fire!

There were cannons, the USC marching band, and the LA Philharmonic!

Well, night all. I hope at least something happens tonight so we can figure our some more roles. ;)

It is nothing personal, but I can see a sense of disappointment in you. Well That was supposed to happen when you don't get the blood you so much desire ;)

BTW, If I did not do this and everyone is an experienced player, do you think anyone would have given a clue that they are baddies ? And there are no clues in the Day or Night Post. Since the innocents are more in number, the baddies had a greater chance to get an innocent than visa-versa in a random killing. The probability can be worked out by MG and I am sure she can prove my point numerically.

It is the easiest way out by saying that what I said makes no sense or does not carry weight. My theory that you are a member of the mafioso will soon be proved ;)

NIGHT POST #2

During the night, there was a great amount of action:

-The Ninja took out GC

-The Grim Reaper killed Joe's Student

-The Mafia struck down Cherry Lane

-Then the doc came to the rescue

Host: Brandonb & Y-san

1) Dawh

2) itachi

3) Nayana

4) Cherry Lane

5) GC - DEAD [?] (Killed by Ninja)

6) Joe's Student - DEAD [?] (Killed by GrimR)

7) Ben Law

8) Crazypainter

9) rene83

10) FIF

11) Kat - DEAD [Mayor] (Killed by Mafia)

12) Frost

CL was saved by the Doctor. So the the minimum 2 people were killed last night.

It's Daytime! Get to it! Voting ends in 12 hours!

CL was saved by the Doctor. So the the minimum 2 people were killed last night.

Wow, nice work Doc! That's one of the few(if any, can't remember) times the doctor has actually saved someone.

Anyway, remember this quote from itachi?

Well, I'm not sure if BL was still in jail, but the doctor definitely didn't save Ben or rene. This makes me even more suspicious of BL, I think he was probably lying about being the doctor. True, BL never said he would do it, but it definitely would have proven his innocence, which I'm sure he would have taken advantage of. And if BL never even made it out of jail, then he couldn't be the doctor.

Saying that, my vote:

1) Dawh

2) itachi

3) Nayana

4) Cherry Lane

7) Ben Law

8) Crazypainter

9) rene83

10) FIF

12) Frost - voting for Ben Law

Edited by Frost

hmmmm ok so we have 2 innocents who were killed last night, and since CL arrested BL we have no proof that he is the doctor. I still doubt you highly BL. I do not believe that CL is the police officer at all. who to vote for... who to vote for..... -_-

If BL really is the doc, he should have tried his strategy a little later in the day, to get the mafia's attention without getting lynched! Unfortunately for us, I am believing him right now, and just think it was a poor strategy that will hurt us all.

As for JS, It would help if JS had something to respond to. All we have against him are some "thoughts" and a "hunch".

Total 12 Players

3 Mafioso - They know each other

1 GR

1 Grave Robber

7 Innocents

In a random killing / Lynching

=====================

Probality for Mafioso to kill an innocent 7:2 , Very High, but the doctor foiled it ;)

Probability of GR or Grave robber to kill an innocent 7:5, High

Probability of innocents to kill a baddie => 5:7 , Less than 50-50 chance

My role allowed me to come forth and get the baddies fast :D

hmmmm ok so we have 2 innocents who were killed last night, and since CL arrested BL we have no proof that he is the doctor. I still doubt you highly BL. I do not believe that CL is the police officer at all. who to vote for... who to vote for..... -_-

Wow, nice work Doc! That's one of the few(if any, can't remember) times the doctor has actually saved someone.

Anyway, remember this quote from itachi?

Well, I'm not sure if BL was still in jail, but the doctor definitely didn't save Ben or rene. This makes me even more suspicious of BL, I think he was probably lying about being the doctor. True, BL never said he would do it, but it definitely would have proven his innocence, which I'm sure he would have taken advantage of. And if BL never even made it out of jail, then he couldn't be the doctor.

The problem here for you is how would you know that I am in or out of Jail, since for you, I am not The Doctor, I am just another obstacle ??? :P

Well the Puzzle Princess , helped me out :rolleyes:

At least give the devil his due :P

Voting for itachi since he's the highest on my suspect list.

1) Dawh

2) itachi

3) Nayana

4) Cherry Lane

7) Ben Law - voting for itachi

8) Crazypainter

9) rene83

10) FIF

Whoa! Um when did we find out that CL was the cop? :huh:

First of all, I dont see any evidence of that. I think that just because she voted for BL doesnt mean anything but that

she suspected him of being a mafioso or the grim reaper.

edited: Or else someone was trying to frame her. Ah, so many variables...

And thanks Bb for reminding us that just because BL got out of jail it doesnt mean he is the Dr.

But the Dr did save CL. ( :D if you are an innocent or :( if you are a baddie).

Edited by crazypainter

I had been wondering that myself.

Frost, what was the purpose of that outing? Or the non outing. Why would rene do that?

edit: afterthought: Oh shoot, now you are off so you cant see that I just asked you a question.

Anyways...can the doc save him/herself? NVM I'll go look it up.

Edited by crazypainter

1) Dawh

2) itachi - voting for Ben Law

3) Nayana

4) Cherry Lane

8) Crazypainter

9) rene83

10) FIF

No doubt, Ben Law is bad. Can anyone specify a reason to go after me other than me being suspicious of Ben Law who is highly suspicious? -I didn't think so. This case is open and shut. Doctor, very well played!

Question: if the Grim Reaper was killed last night, would their action on Joe's Student still have taken place? If so, it's possible GC was GR, but I think he was Mafia.

Edit: typo and adding: the Doctor did exactly the right move and exactly what I asked (as Frost mentioned) to demonstrate that Ben Law is indeed not the Doctor.

\

Anyways...can the doc save him/herself? NVM I'll go look it up.

Ok I looked it up.

"The Wraith (Tormidian): A friendly half human/half alien with Robocop style abilities who arrests a person for one night (must PM me the player's name before the day post). The player is let out of prison if he/she can answer a puzzle correctly. The prisoner gets to choose one of three types (math/riddle/cryptic message). If they don't answer the puzzle correctly, they stay in jail and cannot use their ability that night."

Now what I want to know is...

can the cop lock him/herself up? Can the cop lock up someone multiple times?

Edit: geez, I was supposed to look up the dr stuff. Oh well I got one of my questions out at least.

brb...K

got it

the dr can save him.herself only once. Noo ne twice in a row.

Edited by crazypainter

1) Dawh

2) itachi - voting for Ben Law

3) Nayana

4) Cherry Lane

8) Crazypainter not sure yet.....

9) rene83

10) FIF

Question: if the Grim Reaper was killed last night, would their action on Joe's Student still have taken place? If so, it's possible GC was GR, but I think he was Mafia.

Thanks for bringing that up Itachi but that doesnt convince me GC was mafia. He could have been GR. I wouldnt put it past him.

Hey, Did anyone ask to be saved last night or yesterday?

Ok I looked it up.

"The Wraith (Tormidian): A friendly half human/half alien with Robocop style abilities who arrests a person for one night (must PM me the player's name before the day post). The player is let out of prison if he/she can answer a puzzle correctly. The prisoner gets to choose one of three types (math/riddle/cryptic message). If they don't answer the puzzle correctly, they stay in jail and cannot use their ability that night."

Now what I want to know is...

can the cop lock him/herself up? Can the cop lock up someone multiple times?

Edit: geez, I was supposed to look up the dr stuff. Oh well I got one of my questions out at least.

brb...K

got it

the dr can save him.herself only once. Noo ne twice in a row.

Actually, the rules only say that the doctor can't protect the same person two nights in a row, so they he/she should be able to save himself/herself more than once.

As for the Police Officer, as it's based off the Wraith from M4F14-7, and Ocular-Enso arrested himself twice, I would say that the PO could do that here unless Brandonb or Y-san says otherwise.

I'm kind of on the fence right now on voting. It seems like everyone is going to fall into one of two camps today. Either you trust BL and doubt Itachi, or you support Itachi against BL. BL hasn't provided the greatest defense in the world, but there are still a lot of missing variables. Whoever the Doctor is, he/she picked the right person to save. If BL is the doctor and if he had done what Itachi asked, then we would have been none the wiser since neither BL or Rene were targeted to die. So I don't think that it really proves that BL is not the doctor either. As such, I'm not going to vote yet while I consider the options.

If I am lynched today, all innocents will know who to lynch tomorrow, because you are a mafia or the GR. The probability of being a mafia is more. My identity will be disclosed so everyone will know I was telling the truth and that what I said "makes sense: ;)

Ok now what role has their id revealed if they die?

edit;

Dawh thanks so much for the clarification. ;)

Edited by crazypainter