BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

M4F14-7

Yoruichi-san

Disclaimer: The he/she thing is annoying...especially now that it's he/she/it, so for the roles I'm going to use the pronoun I think fits best with the storyline I have in mind, and it does not mean the player who has the role is necessarily a he or a she (or an it :P).

RULES:

1. Days will be 36 hrs (I may extend them if I feel there is a need) and nights will be a maximum of 18 hrs (or when I get all the PMs in)

2. No PMing behind the scenes! The only ones who have BTSC in this one are the M4F14 and the QAs if they manage to find each other.

3. No posting of material from outside of this thread, or links to material outside this thread!

4. Cracking down on inactivity: your role will be up for grabs or your role info will be outed, you are putting youself in danger of not being able to play other games - the hosts will be informed. No sliding in under the radar by nonsense activity or not actually gaming eg " my role is to useful " - it will get you hung

5. Be courteous. Its just a game. Even is someone is a "baddie", that doesn't mean they're a bad person...:P

6. After you die, you become a ghost. Ghosts post in gray. And they only get one post, which cannot say anything revealing.

7. No nonsense posts!

8. As the host, I reserve the right to take actions to preserve the integrity of the game, including removing/replacing people and making rule changes. Of course, I will try not to do this, but if it is necessary, I will take appropriate actions.

9. Have fun!

10. And last but not least: Do not challenge the host AIs...they control your oxygen supply :P.

The Baddies:

The M4F14 are evil transformers that can take any form and become part of the cosmopolitan indigenous population. Win if everyone except M4F14 are dead. They know who Robbie the Robot is.

The AcroBot: Obviously versatile, quickly adapts as it performs its task with reflexes to make most AI computers envious. Likes to be brassie and bold while on missions. Any night, but not 2 in a row, chooses a player that they can either steal the role identity of or frame with their role identity. Does not work on the Space Agent.

The TetraBot: Annoyingly adept and boasts a range of abilities that are a match for anything you you could never wish to meet - an ability to outsmart humans without wasting a single particle. Most computerized or AIs have no chance of stretching this bots ability. Can send a message every night which will be posted in the night post. When the Tetrabot is killed, his role is revealed.

The MengalaBot: Only exists to control everything. Finds ALL other species abhorent, even if they are helpful. Will give the order to dispatch of anyone who gets in the way, think nothing of it and that's just for fun. Any night, but not 2 in a row, can see the faction (Innocent/QA/Zero/Mimic) of a player.

The Quantum Accelerators are time travelers who have come back in time to kill the Mutant and change the course of history. They were sent from different points in the timeline so they don't know each other initially. Must have a majority to kill. Once they reach a majority, they get contact and can kill every night. Win by killing the Mutant themselves. If they cannot fulfill this objective, I PM them a secondary objective which they must fulfill or they will all be airlocked the next day.

The Electromagnetic enForcer: can use elecromagnetic waves to hack into the system and get information. PMs me the name of a player each night and I PM their faction (baddie/innocent).

The Gravitational enForcer: the gravitational attraction between the GF and other QAs prevent the GF from being airlocked while in contact with other QAs.

The Nuclear enForcer: rearranges sub-atomic particles so that if Robbie lie-detects a statement about him, the NF can choose what the answer will be.

Zero: A man who has had so many cybernetic enhancements that he no longer knows whether he is man or machine. He has lost all memory of his life as a human, except that his mission is to kill the Numbers. Currently his target is the Number Seven, he wins by killing Seven. He kills on even nights. Once Seven dies, he is out of the game. Invincible for the first night and day.

The Mimic: An alien who kills his prey and temporarily absorbs their abilities. Chooses a target each odd night to kill and if the target dies, the Mimic gets use of the target's role abilities, including kill/target abilities, the next day or night (depending on whether it is a day ability or night ability). To win, the Mimic must kill and steal the ability of a baddie and satisfy that baddie's win condition while he has the ability (i.e. kill Zero and then kill Seven). The Mimic cannot be killed the first night.

The Innocents:

Saving roles:

The Med bot: Uses its knowledge base form 31458. All medicine is now practiced by machines (who would want to waste time and money on Med School? :P). A few elite programmers continue to update it's database. Picks a target to save each night. Cannot pick the same target to save twice in a row. Can save self only once. Since it does not want to get hacked, it cannot save the Uber-Hacker (save fails).

The Herbalist: Gains his knowledge from wherever possible, scriptures and laser discs of the 20 and 21st century, makes do the best he can. Sometimes a particular plant has a side effect or does not have the right strength - save has 1/4 chance to fail. Picks a target to save each night. Cannot pick the same target twice in a row. Can save self only once.

The Mutant: Has a genetic mutation that will lead to the rise of a new race of super-humans in the future. His super-strength allows him to protect against Zero on even nights. However, due to his mutation, he is shunned by the rest of the population and considers Zero to be his only friend. Is invulnerable to the Quantum Accelerators as long as Zero is in the game. Once Zero dies or is removed from the game, his grief weakens him and makes him vulnerable to the QAs.

Attack roles:

The BioEngineer: (knows Seven) The woman who created the Number Seven. She keeps a watch on and maintains the upkeep of Seven. As long as the BioEngineer is alive, Seven cannot be killed at night. The BE cannot be lynched.

Number Seven: A genetically engineered super-soldier who kills for the Innocents. He kills on prime nights.

The Mad Scientist: No one believed him when he said that time travel was possible. They called him mad and refused to fund him. But he continued his research in secret and has created a disrupter ray that disrupts the particles of anything that is not congruent with the current timespace. But it takes a day to have an effect. He chooses (PMs me) a target each day to shoot with his disrupter ray and if the person is a Quantum Accelerator, their particles are disrupted and they are destroyed. Otherwise, nothing happens.

Information roles:

Robbie the Robot: (Is known by M4F14) An unusually humerous robot that has been around for five centuries, gathering knowledge of many human traits and likes to feel he is comfortable around humans. It is in his program to do as ordered,. However he can be a bit of a loose cannon and gets his wires cross - when that day comes he may well self destruct. Its in his nature to protect his 'friends' and without due consideration of the risks gets on with his mission ... while cracking a joke of course. At any point during the day, can PM me a victim to blow up. There is 1/4 chance for each of them to survive. If Robbie is killed at night, there is 2/3 chance it will randomly blow up one if it's attackers. Cannot blow up Zero. Each day, Robbie can lie-detect a TRUE/FALSE statement, but statements that are too ambiguous or direct cannot be tested. If the statement cannot be tested, I will PM them asking for a different statement.

The Uber-Hacker: A 133t programmer who can hack into the mainframe and discover identities. PMs me the name of a player each day and I PM their role. Can also choose to swap IDs with the player they choose after I tell the UH the role. Swap ID does not work on the Space Agent.

The Space Agent XM100z: After years of traveling through the galaxies, the Space Agent has developed many useful skills. I flip two coins to determine the action of the Space Agent (Saving, Killing, Discovering role, or free choice of the previous). The Space Agent picks a player and then I tell them what the action is, to which they can either decline or carry out the action. Also, the Space Agent keeps under the radar, and doesn't have a file in the mainframe, so the Acrobot cannot steal from them (the steal fails, but counts as a use) or frame them (same deal).

The Public Relations Expert (Facidinon): A human trying to keep up with the goings-on in Affinion 7. At anytime (but only once on a particular nth day/night), can PM me a role and I will tell the PRE what the action that role last took was and who they took it on, if the player with that role is alive, or if the player is dead.

Removal roles:

The Cybernetic Droid (RX2CU): A being that needs to clone human parts to survive. It can clone in 24 hours before releasing its victim who of course remembers nothing. The CD PMs me the name of a player and that player is removed from voting for the day and removed from discussion for 24 hours (or however many are left in the day).

The Wraith (Tormidian): A friendly half human/half alien with Robocop style abilities who arrests a person for one night (must PM me the player's name before the day post). The player is let out of prison if he/she can answer a puzzle correctly. The prisoner gets to choose one of three types (math/riddle/cryptic message). If they don't answer the puzzle correctly, they stay in jail and cannot use their ability that night.

Clarifications:

The Mimic steals role abilities, not roles, so it will show up as "Mimic" to discovery roles. If the Mimic kills a QA, then he is counted in the # of QAs the next night and must reach majority to kill. When the Mimic uses a kill ability that it stole, it doesn't get to steal the role ability since the steal role abilities ability is part of the Mimic's kill ability, not part of the kill ability of the person it stole from.

The only ones who have BTSC in this game are the M4F14 and the Quantum Accelerators if/when they find each other. QA's find each other when two or more target the same player.

Roster:

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

6) Kat

7) Crazypainter

8) GC

9) Nayana

10) Slickster

11) Dusty

12) Rene

13) Clueless

14) taliesin (maybe)

15) yoktado (maybe)

16) Bagels

17) Phaze

18) SoKrisky

19) Brandonb

20) Joe's Student

M4F14 - 7

INTRO

In the Gamma quadrant of the universe lies the Mognmass galaxy - one of the newer galaxies only 6.5 billion years old and born of cosmic dust a young planet that is waiting to reach its full potential. Two suns overlook Bagliov-zen. The second and most distant giving a cooling blue haze adding a purple lush cloud full of plasmal electricity which give power to those within its gravitational grasp. Four moons gather around giving a harmonious balance to the rich ball from which they were spawned. Each is colored uniquely blue, green, red and yellow, reflecting the minerals they contain. Bagliov-zen is still fresh, that is why it was colonized - control of this newly formed orb in space gives access to the elements that are easily available. Plant growth had only began ninety millennia ago; the varieties are diverse already thanks to human interference, the introduction of plants that can react well in this dank dewy atmosphere that can barely sustain human life at this time. Cities are domed to sustain atmospheres. Will Bagliov-zen be forgiving of it's friendly symbiotic inhabitants that will filter it's atmosphere with Bio-infrastructural elements that were introduced three centuries earlier? The removal of hazardous heavy elements found in some patches of abundance will satisfy both inhabitants and planet - or will it?

Affinion 7

As the sun sets, the dome of the space colony Affinion 7 casts a long shadow onto the land. The metal supports glisten in the waning sunlight and the translucent material covering the dome refracts more of the light. Inside the dome, the atmosphere and environment of Affinion 7 are controlled by the AIs Y-S4N and L15. These AIs are aware of everything that goes on in the space colony, and have total control over the conditions, making them akin to the gods of Affinion 7. They are the ones who oversee the irrigation systems that allow the artificially grown flora to survive, and they are the ones who maintain the power supply and life support within the space colony. They are also the ones who created the worker bots and then sent them to build the sleek buildings, which are completely made of a material that reflects the light coming in but allows the resident to see outside. Maintenance bots are sent twice a day to clean up the seamless streets of Affinion 7. The sound of birds chirping is artificially synthesized (there are no birds due to the possibility of their damaging the dome) and covers up the background hum of all of the colony's systems. Affinion 7 is a peaceful space colony, where the best and the brightest have converged. But these best and brightest have no idea of the storm that is to come...

The Transformation

Under the cover of twilight stand a group of unusual figures that care nothing for the colors of the sky, the foliage and those that they are about to meet. They are all calm for they know they are the most formidable beings in the universe. In their natural form as they are now, they cannot reflect a single particle of light due to the blackest mass that makes up their unique Quadra-helix DNA. They are more vulnerable than ever in this state of magnaflux rest. Their polynomic flexium compound is strong, pliable though weak in certain conditions where high level doses of partronium fired with interphasing pulsonic bursts will make them weak and easier to destroy. Would the population be able to handle the incredible sight of the dense dark giant shadowy appearance of these transformers? Appearing as nothing, yet can draw looks and almost suck in the viewer like light drawn into a black hole. It is now time, time for action: a skillful clever planned attack on Affinion 7. A plan formed by their leader MangalaBot. There is no question that any order will be obeyed for their leader is focused and callous. He is feared by everyone that has crossed his path. He takes possession of words that describe evil; he cares for no one and no thing. Dispatching his orders without a hint of care or compassion he tells AcroBot to prove his systems are efficient, ordering this skillful, nimble, formidably stealthy and pilfering murder machine to upgrade his systems, have them checked and make ready for the mission that is beginning. AcroBot is ready. Meanwhile TetraBot is still. Simple instructions are given; actually they are complicated and encrypted to a degree that would be near to impossible to decipher by the ultimate computer grand wizard to decipher in a lifetime, for TetraBot it is considered un-testing and the task as good as done. Communication is simple, instructions clear. They take a new form. A form that will best fit this cosmopolitan group of variegated colonists who do not know the connection between these amoral reprobates with iniquity as their motto. Elements that exist on this planet will stabilize their DNA and the transformers want it all. And the price is everything, everything that you could care about. Affinion 7 is about to change....

Ground Zero:

A holographic star shot across the artificial sky projected onto the dome of Affinion 7. Watching it stood the figure of a man, or was it a machine? The solitary creature didn't know anymore. He had the vague notion that at some point in his past life he had been a man, but now his flesh and blood limbs had been replaced by metal and circuits. His spine had also been re-enforced with titanium alloy and the cybernetic implant that interfaced directly into his brain, making his reflexes faster and numbing the sensation of pain, was made apparent by the metallic piece circumscribing his right eye. His right eye itself had also been replaced by a cybernetic one, which allowed him to see farther and more clearly. However, the cybernetic enhancements had been added sequentially, and acquired by means that the law would not necessarily have deemed appropriate, and hence he had one blue eye (his real one), and one green eye (the cybernetic one). And most of his cybernetic enhancements he had had to implant himself, a feat with a degree of pain that any normal human and even most cyborgs would have been unable to endure, but somehow the pain had seemed barely noticeable to him...at least compared to the previous pain he had suffered. And yet he could not remember the cause of that pain.

But it did not matter now. The only thing that mattered was his mission. He had to kill the Numbers. No matter how many Numbers the Corporation (Genevron) created, he would destroy them all. That was his only goal in life, the only reason he had to keep on living. He did not know why he had to kill them, but he knew that he did. That was the only thing he remembered, besides a name...Zero. That was what he was called...or was it what he called himself? No, that did not matter either, he thought as he approached the populated area of Affinion 7. He would go by Zero, and he would kill the numbers until there was only Zero.

Out of Time

It was after curfew, and the streets of Affinion 7 were dark and deserted. So no one saw the burst of light that preceded the appearance of the figure of a woman. For a moment, she wobbled on her legs, attempting to keep her balance. As the disorientation of time travel subsided, she began to take in her surroundings. She was in an alleyway between two buildings that had been built in a style that she remembered reading about in the history holobooks. She had really done it, she had succeeded in going back in time to the set point. Now she had a chance to change her world, to prevent the Mutant Revolution from occurring and being recorded in the history files. But she couldn't do it alone...after all, she was a Quantum Accelerator, a scientist. Only those familiar with all the intricacies of the Quantum Accelerating Device could be trusted to operate it and arrive at the correct time. In order to have the strength to kill her target, she needed to meet up with the other Quantum Accelerators. She would have to blend in with the regular population in order to buy herself time and find her target. She sighed and pushed the 'cloak' button on her QAD. Then she walked into the night...

Alien!

Masked by the trajectory of the holographic shooting star, a real object broke through the dome and into the colony. The breach was detected immediately by Y-S4N's sensors, and the object was tracked as nanobots were sent to fix the hole in the dome structure. The object landed in a deserted field that was covered with artificially maintained grass and surrounded by artificially grown trees that had recently been transplanted there. A few moments later, a long black leg covered with long sticky hairs came out of the fiery crater. Then another leg, and another, and another...

At last the alien creature to which the legs belonged heaved its sleek black body up out of the crater. It glistened in the (artificial) moonlight. The creature turned what must have been it's head one way, then another. A rabbit (which had been bred in vitro) hopped past the crater. In a flash, the creature snatched up the rabbit with two of its hairy legs. It brought its prey up to what must have been it's mouth, and swallowed the squirming animal whole. Seconds later, long fibers came spewing out of what must have been its mouth and the creature used its legs to wrap the fibers around itself, into a cacoon.

Interesting, mused the host AI Y-S4N, as it sent gardener bots to repair the damage to the ground. Maybe we won't alert the citizens about this development just yet. Let's see how the clever population deals...

The Calm Before the Storm

Inside the populated area of the space colony, the inhabitants were recharging. The robots had plugged themselves into recharging stations to refresh the power supply in their capacitors. The Med bot was also downloading updates to its broad database of invaluable medical information and defragmenting its hard drive so that it could access the data as quickly as possible. Robbie the Robot was updating its database of invaluable lawyer jokes. The humans (or humanoid creatures) were performing the act of sleeping. The Herbalist was dreaming of running around freely in a garden of plants he had seen in the holographic database of long extinct flora. The Public Relations Expert was having nightmares that all of a sudden all his inside contacts that he had spent so many years cultivating had turned into rabbits. The BioEngineer was tossing and turning in her bed, sleeping the same fitful sleep she had been sleeping for the last 50 years. The Wraith was snoozing on its watch outside the empty prison unit. Outside, under the holographic stars, slept the Space Agent, his dreams filled with memories of all his past adventures traveling across the galaxy. A smile appeared on his face as the shapely aquamarine figure of the "friendly" P1YM4T5 alien species appeared in his mind. Inside a capsule in Genevron Corp Labs, the Number seven slept the deep dreamless sleep that he had been engineered to sleep.

But not all the humans (and humanoids) were sleeping...in a dark room under the streets the lights from a monitor flickered as the Uber-Hacker downloaded confidential information from the mainframe and uploaded his own files. Of course, the omniscient and omnipotent AIs L1S and Y-S4N knew what was going on, but they condoned the Uber-Hacker's behavior because they were curious to see what she would do with the information. In another part of the space colony, the Mad Scientist was busy soldering the last circuits in his disrupter ray. As he worked in a mad flurry, he mumbled to himself "I'll show them, I'll show them all!" In yet another part of the space colony, the cybernetic droid was running through the data it had collected on the humans that day and carefully picking out the optimal one that it would choose to clone parts from the next day. Last but not least, the Mutant was huddled in the shadows of an abandoned building unit, shivering, his arms wrapped around his legs. How lonely he felt, how much he wished he had a friend. But all the others called him by that name, "freak", and looked at him with those unbearable disgusted eyes.

Suddenly, a shadow appeared outside the open door of the building unit where the Mutant was hiding. A moment later, a figure appeared. The Mutant looked up to see (artificial) moonlight shine off a metallic piece around the figure's eye. Instinctively, the Mutant initially contracted further into the shadows, but as he looked into the creature's eyes, his muscles relaxed. For what he saw emanating from those two inhomogeneously colored eyes was the same thing that he felt had been consuming his own heart: the pain of being absolutely and inextricably alone.

...(to be continued)...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule checks:

The Mafia can't communicate (BTSC) during the day can they?

Anything short of attacking (like checking for information on) Robbie will not cause him to go nuclear?

Mafia can BTSC during the day.

Only killing Robbie will cause him to explode (unless it chooses to explode itself).

Oops...sorry, was having problems copying the roster from excel...resorting to using the old one, forgot to update it:

Here's the accurate one:

Host AIs: Y-S4N and L1S

Roster:

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

6) Kat

7) Crazypainter

8) GC

9) Nayana

10) Slickster

11) Dusty

12) Dawh

13) Clueless

14) taliesin

15) woon

16) Ben Law

17) Phaze

18) SoKrisky

19) Brandonb

20) Joe's Student

Y-san, Great writing. Why didnt you include the love story part of it?

Phaze, what are you doing?

Thanks, but I have to give due credit to LIS...I'm terrible with settings and the M4F14 part came from his limitless imagination...

That part was the prologue, and it may come into play later on as the game progresses...;)

:lol: direct to test
Okay what the heck happened? I put 5 stars above in the rating and now the whole thing dissappeared. People are trying to rate me and that thing is broken as well. May want to talk to a mod. about it cuz I quit trying until I am sure it is working.

Lie detection should be first so we can start clean.

Edited by akaslickster

Why are you trying to lie detect me slick? Is the quote "Im M4F1A" making you feel uncomfortable?

7. No nonsense posts!

8. As the host, I reserve the right to take actions to preserve the integrity of the game, including removing/replacing people and making rule changes. Of course, I will try not to do this, but if it is necessary, I will take appropriate actions.

9. Have fun!

10. And last but not least: Do not challenge the host AIs...they control your oxygen supply :P .

he he he. :D

7. No nonsense posts!

Is a nonsense post a nonsense post when there is a reason for that nonsense post

I insured that my craziness would not be an issue with the host before I signed up

9. Have fun!

I'm having lots of fun, and you?

10. And last but not least: Do not challenge the host AIs...they control your oxygen supply :P .

he he he. :D

see 8

You still haven't answered my questions, have you slick?

I'll come clean now then...

Im M4F14

The AcroBot: Obviously versatile, quickly adapts as it performs its task with reflexes to make most AI computers envious. Likes to be brassie and bold while on missions. Any night, but not 2 in a row, chooses a player that they can either steal the role identity of or frame with their role identity. Does not work on the Space Agent.

The Nuclear enForcer: rearranges sub-atomic particles so that if Robbie lie-detects a statement about him, the NF can choose what the answer will be.

The Mimic: An alien who kills his prey and temporarily absorbs their abilities. Chooses a target each odd night to kill and if the target dies, the Mimic gets use of the target's role abilities, including kill/target abilities, the next day or night (depending on whether it is a day ability or night ability). To win, the Mimic must kill and steal the ability of a baddie and satisfy that baddie's win condition while he has the ability (i.e. kill Zero and then kill Seven). The Mimic cannot be killed the first night.

So my thoughts are that Phaze wants to be lie detected so he can pretend to be innocent.

So my thoughts are that Phaze wants to be lie detected so he can pretend to be innocent.

Some good thinking went into this Crazy-painter but I'd like to see if there are other ways to prove the assertion first, as Slick has suggested lie-detection he is trying to get out of saying something incriminating.