BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

Disclaimer: The he/she thing is annoying...especially now that it's he/she/it, so for the roles I'm going to use the pronoun I think fits best with the storyline I have in mind, and it does not mean the player who has the role is necessarily a he or a she (or an it :P).

Rule changes:

36 hr days/18 hr nights

No posting of material from outside of this thread, or links to material outside this thread!

Cracking down on inactivity: your role will be up for grabs or your role info will be outed, you are putting youself in danger of not being able to play other games - the hosts will be informed. No sliding in under the radar by nonsense activity or not actually gaming eg " my role is to useful " - it will get you hung

Do not challenge the host AIs...they control your oxygen supply :P.

M4F14 - 7

The space colony Affinion 7 is a place where the best and the brightest have converged. It is where great thinkers have taken science beyond the realm of the imaginable, and determined individuals make their visions into a reality. The environment has been synthesized to match that of the home planet. The AIs Y-S4N and L1S have complete control over the conditions and complete knowledge of the workings and goings-on in the space colony, making them something akin to the gods of Affinion 7.

However, in the shadows of Affinion 7 there also lurk those with ignoble intentions and who fear the light of discovery.

The Baddies:

The M4F14 are evil transformers that can take any form and become part of the cosmopolitan indigenous population. Win if everyone except M4F14 are dead.

The AcroBot: Obviously versatile, quickly adapts as it performs its task with reflexes to make most AI computers envious. Likes to be brassie and bold while on missions. Any night, but not 2 in a row, chooses a player that they can either steal the role identity of or frame with their role identity. Does not work on the Space Agent.

The TetraBot: Annoyingly adept and boasts a range of abilities that are a match for anything you you could never wish to meet - an ability to outsmart humans without wasting a single particle. Most computerized or AIs have no chance of stretching this bots ability. Can send a message every night which will be posted in the night post. When the Tetrabot is killed, his role is revealed.

The MengalaBot: Only exists to control everything. Finds ALL other species abhorent, even if they are helpful. Will give the order to dispatch of anyone who gets in the way, think nothing of it and that's just for fun. Any night, but not 2 in a row, can see the faction (Innocent/QA/Zero/Mimic) of a player.

The Quantum Accelerators are time travelers who have come back in time to kill the Mutant and change the course of history. They were sent from different points in the timeline so they don't know each other initially. Must have a majority to kill. Once they reach a majority, they get contact and can kill every night. Win by killing the Mutant themselves. If they cannot fulfill this objective, I PM them a secondary objective which they must fulfill or they will all be airlocked the next day.

The Electromagnetic enForcer: can use elecromagnetic waves to hack into the system and get information. PMs me the name of a player each night and I PM their faction (baddie/innocent).

The Gravitational enForcer: the gravitational waves he uses prevent him from being airlocked while in contact with other QAs.

The Nuclear enForcer: rearranges particles so that if Robbie lie-detects a statement about him, the NF can choose what the answer will be.

Zero: A man who has had so many cybernetic enhancements that he no longer knows whether he is man or machine. He has lost all memory of his life as a human, except that his mission is to kill the Numbers. Currently his target is the Number Seven, he wins by killing Seven. He kills on even nights. Once Seven dies, he is out of the game. Invincible for the first night and day.

The Mimic: An alien who kills his prey and temporarily absorbs their abilities. Chooses a target each odd night to kill and if the target dies, the Mimic gets use of the target's role abilities, including kill/target abilities, the next day or night (depending on whether it is a day ability or night ability). To win, the Mimic must kill and steal the ability of a baddie and satisfy that baddie's win condition while he has the ability (i.e. kill Zero and then kill Seven).

The Innocents:

Saving roles:

The Med bot: Uses its knowledge base form 31458. All medicine is now practiced by machines (who would want to waste time and money on Med School? :P). A few elite programmers continue to update it's database. Picks a target to save each night. Cannot pick the same target to save twice in a row. Can save self only once.

The Herbalist: Gains his knowledge from wherever possible, scriptures and laser discs of the 20 and 21st century, makes do the best he can. Sometimes a particular plant has a side effect or does not have the right strength - save has 1/4 chance to fail. Picks a target to save each night. Cannot pick the same target twice in a row. Can save self only once.

The Mutant: Has a genetic mutation that will lead to the rise of a new race of super-humans in the future. His super-strength allows him to protect against Zero on even nights. However, due to his mutation, he is shunned by the rest of the population and considers Zero to be his only friend. Is invulnerable to the Quantum Accelerators as long as Zero is in the game. Once Zero dies or is removed from the game, his grief weakens him and makes him vulnerable to the QAs.

Attack roles:

The BioEngineer: The woman who created the Number Seven. She keeps a watch on and maintains the upkeep of Seven. As long as the BioEngineer is alive, Seven cannot be killed at night.

Number Seven: A genetically engineered super-soldier who kills for the Innocents. He kills on prime nights.

The Mad Scientist: No one believed him when he said that time travel was possible. They called him mad and refused to fund him. But he continued his research in secret and has created a disrupter ray that disrupts the particles of anything that is not congruent with the current timespace. But it takes a day to have an effect. He chooses (PMs me) a target each day to shoot with his disrupter ray and if the person is a Quantum Accelerator, their particles are disrupted and they are destroyed. Otherwise, nothing happens.

Information roles:

Robbie the Robot: An unusually humerous robot that has been around for five centuries, gathering knowledge of many human traits and likes to feel he is comfortable around humans. It is in his program to do as ordered,. However he can be a bit of a loose cannon and gets his wires cross - when that day comes he may well self destruct. Its in his nature to protect his 'friends' and without due consideration of the risks gets on with his mission ... while cracking a joke of course. At any point during the day, can PM me a victim to blow up. There is 1/4 chance for each of them to survive. If Robbie is killed at night, there is 2/3 chance it will randomly blow up one if it's attackers. Cannot blow up Zero. Each day, Robbie can lie-detect a TRUE/FALSE statement, but statements that are too ambiguous or direct cannot be tested. If the statement cannot be tested, I will PM them asking for a different statement.

The Uber-Hacker: A 133t programmer who can hack into the mainframe and discover identities. PMs me the name of a player each day and I PM their role. Can also choose to swap IDs with the player they choose after I tell the UH the role. Swap ID does not work on the Space Agent.

The Space Agent XM100z: After years of traveling through the galaxies, the Space Agent has developed many useful skills. I flip two coins to determine the action of the Space Agent (Saving, Killing, Discovering role, or free choice of the previous). The Space Agent picks a player and then I tell them what the action is, to which they can either decline or carry out the action. Also, the Space Agent keeps under the radar, and doesn't have a file in the mainframe, so the Acrobot cannot steal from them (the steal fails, but counts as a use) or frame them (same deal).

The Public Relations Expert (Facidinon): A human trying to keep up with the goings-on in Affinion 7. At anytime (but only once on a particular nth day/night), can PM me a role and I will tell the PRE what the action that role last took was and who they took it on, if the player with that role is alive, or if the player is dead.

Removal roles:

The Cybernetic Droid (RX2CU): A being that needs to clone human parts to survive. It can clone in 24 hours before releasing its victim who of course remembers nothing. The CD PMs me the name of a person and that person is removed from voting for the day and removed from discussion for 24 hours (or however many are left in the day).

The Wraith (Tormidian): A friendly half human/half alien with Robocop style abilities who arrests a person for one night (must PM me the player's name before the day post). The player is let out of prison if he/she can answer a puzzle correctly. The prisoner gets to choose one of three types (math/riddle/cryptic message). If they don't answer the puzzle correctly, they stay in jail and cannot use their ability that night.

(Yeah...so most of the role abilities are plagiarized from Unreality...hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :P)

Game start date: When sign-up is complete and/or we finish writing the intro scenario, probably towards the end of this week or start of next one...

20 ppl

Ready, set, go!

• Answers 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I just finished reading Mafia VI and I haven't got to read the complete post Y-San but sign me up cause hopefully this game will be as epic as VI :blink:

And you shouldn't worry about me not being inactive cause school doesn't start for another 6 days for me and I don't think the game will take that long...

I'm completely pumped for this =P

what happens if the Mimic picks a MAFIA robot? Does the Mimic have to kill all players except himself/herself the next day? :o

No, the Mimic doesn't lose if it can't satisfy the win condition of a baddie it kills...it wins when it does, so if it wants to win with the M4F14 condition, it has to be the day or night they kill off the last Innocent...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Well, while I would like to play in /\/\4|=14, I'll probably be too busy with school starting next week. Besides, I need a break from Mafia for a while, I think a lot of us do(but apparently not Y-san :P).

I don't think you should make them 48 that would take way too long...

And I'm not sure if I'll need a replacement or not when school starts for me cause it's my first year in high school and I'm not sure how much time I'll get on this site cause I'm a huge procrastinator and I take a really really really long time on my homework :P

Well, while I would like to play in /\/\4|=14, I'll probably be too busy with school starting next week. Besides, I need a break from Mafia for a while, I think a lot of us do(but apparently not Y-san :P).

Lol...nice, actually, LIS PMed me and I said I needed a break from playing Mafia, and he suggested hosting, and I was like why not...I like writing, and I'm particularly good at writing death scenes...;P

I like the 36-hr days. 18-hr night works fine almost always in my experience, often I get night PMs within ~6 hrs, sometimes sooner, sometimes around 12, but gotta give the full 18 definitely, but you can end the night sooner. 36 is a good deadline for the days though

btw I might be too tempted by this, but I probably won't play ;D Maybe though

well done Kat ;D Sorry you couldn't make it for Mafia VI, btw. I was bummed since you played so well in MIV (and missed MV)

I know, after my awesome (co) taking over of Awesomeville, no one could let me in for fear of losing to the mafia girls again ;)

~Kat

Host: Y-san

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

6) Kat

7) Crazypainter

I would like to thank Mekal for letting me know this was on.

I said I loved him but now I realize he is jail bait so I love him

as a school counselor would! :)

I know, after my awesome (co) taking over of Awesomeville, no one could let me in for fear of losing to the mafia girls again ;)

~Kat

Yep, you made an Awesome Godfather...;P

Ooh, and Y-San, can you PLEASE put clues in the posts? I missed that last mafia, they were so fun to look for ^_^

~Kat

Uh...actually I have some nice story lines worked out, and I don't want to have to restrain my creativity for fear of giving false clues...but we'll see...;P

Host: Y-san

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

6) Kat

7) Crazypainter

8) GC

9) Nayana

I will play this one :)

and yeah I like the idea of 36 hours in a day! :P