BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Beggar

unreality

Question

let me start if off with the Beggar I just came up with: (it's an expansion of the 5-day winner idea)

* Beggar - gets 1 gold Phoenix Crown every day. When the Beggar has 5 Phoenix Crowns, he has enough money to pack up and move to the tropics (ie, he wins). However, the Beggar can exchange a Phoenix Crown for 5 role identities, which he can use to his advantage in lynchings and stuff to try to prolong the game. The Beggar can also exchange a Phoenix Crown to kill that night

Edited by bonanova

• Answers 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The psychic sounds like a cool character as well. What if the psychic (like the healer and doctor kinda) could pick someone to see what would happen to them that night, and choose to change it or not.

Edit: Clarification. They don't just see their own future, but can see other peoples. But only 1 per day, or something like that.

Edited by dusty_b109

I was re-reading mafia II and had an interesting idea.

The Butler:

Works for all the bad groups (Mafia/QA/GR) and is a confirmed baddie. They have the power (due to the fact that they work for the baddies) to stop a killing during the night. They win if only baddies (Mafia/QA/GR) are left. However, they don't know anyone's identity so their saves are essentially random.

I'm open to feedback ;)

Edited by pw0nzd

'confirmed baddie'? You mean everyone knows who the Butler is?

yes everyone knows. It would be kind of like the mayor, except that the innocents wouldn't want to lynch him because he might be able to save them at night.

then it's basically a saving role, just a diff alignment, and just as unsure- the players would definitely lynch the Butler

not necessarily, he/she would be PMed who was going to be killed that night and they could choose someone to save. They would not know the identities of any baddies so the saves would be random (and possibly helpful to the innocents). If you really think that they would be killed off then they could be unconfirmed.

pw0nzd: sorry, I don't think this one's a keeper :D Nothing personal, I've thrown out most of my own ideas too ;D

Its OK, we already have way too many factions trying to win :lol:

I do like the beggar idea from earlier though. Any chances of that being in mafia V

How about the Trapper, a mysterious person who plants traps on one night and everyone who attempts a kill that night either dies or reveals their roles. This is probably going to go nowhere, but I just like the idea of a Mafia walking into an alleyway and falling into a pit. :lol:

How about the Trapper, a mysterious person who plants traps on one night and everyone who attempts a kill that night either dies or reveals their roles. This is probably going to go nowhere, but I just like the idea of a Mafia walking into an alleyway and falling into a pit. :lol:

Sounds a bit powerful *kills off/reviles mafia in one night* maybe they choose one faction to go against.

To limit the effectiveness of this role, perhaps it wuld have to be targeted at a speceific player. If that player attempts a kill, it would be somehow thwarted

The mafia (and QAs if they are in contact) would have to designate one of their own to be "reponsible" for the kill each night.

Edited by Cherry Lane

dead players stay dead and out of the game ;D

I agree. One other thing that needs to be addressed is the number of "ghost posts" that are allowed after people die.

What about an ALIEN (an innocent) He would be a combo between the healer & inspector. He could abduct one person every night and by doing so rescue them from any harm and while that character is abducted the Alien learns his identity.

Then how about a tweak?

*The kidnapper- can kidnap someone any night, but not two nights in a row.

-The kidnapped person is mentioned in the night post so that everyone knows who it is. The kidnapped person may not be lynched in the day, killed during the night, or use their ability during this time. (Still kills if a mafia or a quarky, but may not use the special ability. And in th case of the GR, it WOULD prevent him/her from killing). They would basically be an in-play ghost for one night/day cycle.

Edit: OH! and maybe the kidnapped person would not be allowed to post unless spoken to... like s/he can only respond to questions addressed to him/her.

Edited by Brandonb