BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia V Signups

unreality

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we do ASAP it will only result in inactives...and it's not like we could have a mini-Mafia game...or could we ??? hmmm I'm sure a couple of DM's could think of something right??

If we do ASAP it will only result in inactives...and it's not like we could have a mini-Mafia game...or could we ??? hmmm I'm sure a couple of DM's could think of something right??

A similar thought had just occurred to me, but then I thought that if we don't start right away, maybe we could start a thread discussing different roles: past, present and future. People could say what roles they've played here (and maybe other places) that worked well, which didn't seem to work and why. For instance, the Sage was a character in the earlier incarnations of Mafia, but has been removed in more recent versions. Is that a plus or a minus?

The thread could be used to discuss ideas people have presented already or things people come up with to get feedback and the goal would be to create uber-mafia games in the future with lots of cool innocents and baddies. B))

Finally, it would be a place to bring all the ideas that people have offered from the mafia games and the sign-up threads and a place to put all future role ideas. By unifying the location for role ideas, people don't have to search through hundreds of pages on multiple threads to find an idea they came up with a while ago, but forgot or something like that. So for future mafia games, a host could look through the thread for ideas if they want something new and people who have hosted (currently just Unreality) could say why this idea or that wouldn't be balanced or how to balance it or something like that.

One reason I'm suggesting this would that if we decide to wait, which it seems like we will, people will still be able to get their mafia fix :P and it participation won't be restricted to just people signed up to play in the current game. :)

I'll make the final decision as to when we start once we have a confirmed roster for Mafia V. It will probably be waiting a week, but I want to see when exactly we are ready to start(If it's ready today, we might start ASAP).

oops, no:

Host: Frost

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae

12) Nayana

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd

15) GC

16) KOP

17) Dusty

18) Puzzlegirl

19) LIS

20) Tolecnal

Backups to potentially replace unconfirmed cyans:

Backups

1) Rene83

2)

rene83 PMed me

Edited by unreality

this is a message to Twoaday, Taliesin and Tolecnal:

make sure you've read enough of Mafia IV. Know what you're getting into. It's a big time commitment, so if you can't be on often enough, please back down now. We don't want that to happen later when you realize it may be too much of a strain on your temporal resources ;D

rene83: depending on when we start, LIS may not be able to play... also KOP may never confirm. Either case would let you take the spot. However, read the rules & roles & time requirements and stuff too. Know what you're getting into :P

[edit to switch the 8 and 3 back around in your name :P]

Edited by unreality

the first 20-30 pages? The whole thing is about 100 pages. I bet you haven't even gotten to the cool part about me. :D lol.

though, I read all the Mafias when I first started...

A message from Math Girl for all those Wrongdoers who would oppose Her Logic: (and no I wasn't mocking her- in the game of Mafia, if someone points out a flaw in your logic, you can't just blow up at em :D I think that's what you're being accused of CP, though I'm not entirely sure)

here it is:

An angry mob of villagers surround the purple haired girl. Angrily, they thrust their torches into the night air. "Witch!" they cried, "Burn her, burn the witch!"

"No, no, I'm not a witch!" the girl pleaded. "It's not dark magic, it's science! You see, if you run an alternating current through a conductor it induces a magnetic field in the direction of..."

"Silence, witch!" The leader of the mob stepped forward and jutted his torch at the purple haired girl. "Me thinks thou protesth too much! Ye must be evil! We shall burneth thou tonight!"

That having been said, the mob leader hurled his torch at the girl. Those behind the mob leader followed his lead and showered the purple haired girl with flaming projectiles.

An explosion of flame enveloped the girl's body. Her screams filled the air, screams that were full of pain and shock and...laughter? Yes, the purple haired girl was actually not screaming, but laughing!

"What manner of demonic magic is this?" someone in the mob cried. Shouts of "Devil-spawn!" and "Monster!" filled the sky. Fear overtook the villagers, and they began scrambling to run away from the spectacle. They were tripping over one another and falling onto the ground, causing dust and dirt to be flung into the air.

Amidst the blaze and dust the the mob leader stood there aghast, unable to move, unable to speak. "...what?...how?..." he finally stammered out.

The purple haired girl blew out the last flames from her sleeve and pulled the cap off of her head. She turned her gaze to the mob leader and smiled. "Like I said, it's science...and logic, of course." The girl threw her head back, letting her waves of hair fall across her shoulders. "I deduced from logical reasoning that you would lead the villagers here at exactly this time today, so beforehand, I coated my skin with a flame retardant I chemically synthesized, then I soaked my clothes in water then alcohol...so when I burned, I didn't actually get burned."

The girl shrugged her shoulders and gave the mob leader the full benefit of her lopsided grin. "Well, that was fun, but I've become bored of this village. Time to head for new and greener pastures. And by my calculations, my ride should be arriving just about..."

Her voice was drained out by the whizzing sound of a helicopter's propeller. A rope ladder dropped down and the girl grabbed onto it. She waved to the mob leader as the helicopter rose into the air. Seconds later, the purple haired girl climbed into the empty carriage of the helicopter, This new AI works pretty well , she thought, looking down at the fields and farms the copter was passing. Well, it was time to her take her logical reasoning skills to a new niche...she had heard rumors of excitement brewing some place up north...what was it called again? Bird City? Coldtown? No...wait...Pengville! Yes, that was it, Pengville. That was where new adventures and experiences were awaiting her. She didn't know what role she would be filling there, but whatever it was, she was determined to play it to the best of her ability. She knew that her logical reasoning skills were going to be a great asset in the battles to come. Yep, she thought, this is definitely going to be fun.

[edit] Author: Yoruichi-san

Edited by unreality

um... where did that all come from, unreality? Or did I miss something about Y-san? Just asking.

As long as it starts after I get back from work trip, Ill be fine.. Also to note im probablt in a different time zone, so If you dont see me online alot it will be because Ill be on when you are asleep.. (Does that mean I can kill people in their sleep ;))

As long as it starts after I get back from work trip, Ill be fine.. Also to note im probablt in a different time zone, so If you dont see me online alot it will be because Ill be on when you are asleep.. (Does that mean I can kill people in their sleep ;))

that's a scary thought. Imagine me sleeping, waking up to get a glass of water, and seeing you loading a gun. <_<

Don't worry about different time zones, that's why each day is 24 hours long, nights are 18. That way people can do what they need to without worrying about being up too late. Especially since there are people form aroud the world on here, the times vary a lot. B))

A similar thought had just occurred to me, but then I thought that if we don't start right away, maybe we could start a thread discussing different roles: past, present and future. People could say what roles they've played here (and maybe other places) that worked well, which didn't seem to work and why. For instance, the Sage was a character in the earlier incarnations of Mafia, but has been removed in more recent versions. Is that a plus or a minus?

The thread could be used to discuss ideas people have presented already or things people come up with to get feedback and the goal would be to create uber-mafia games in the future with lots of cool innocents and baddies. B))

Finally, it would be a place to bring all the ideas that people have offered from the mafia games and the sign-up threads and a place to put all future role ideas. By unifying the location for role ideas, people don't have to search through hundreds of pages on multiple threads to find an idea they came up with a while ago, but forgot or something like that. So for future mafia games, a host could look through the thread for ideas if they want something new and people who have hosted (currently just Unreality) could say why this idea or that wouldn't be balanced or how to balance it or something like that.

One reason I'm suggesting this would that if we decide to wait, which it seems like we will, people will still be able to get their mafia fix :P and it participation won't be restricted to just people signed up to play in the current game. :)

Yeah, I think we should wait too, and I love the idea of discussing ideas (still no feedback on my Death Note Holder/Shinigami idea :()...

@ Y-san's Death Note idea: lol... we only use original material in our Mafia games, sorry ;P Hehe

the roster so far:

Host: Frost

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae

12) Nayana

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd

15) GC

16) KOP

17) Dusty

18) Puzzlegirl

19) LIS

20) Tolecnal

Backups to potentially replace unconfirmed cyans:

Backups

1) Rene83

2)

Edited by unreality

@ Y-san's Death Note idea: lol... we only use original material in our Mafia games, sorry ;P Hehe

...Okay, so the names can be changed...but the idea of one person who kills and then uses the role of the person he/she kills that night? What do you think of that idea? Lol...I guess it also reminds me of Sylar...