BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

5 short ones

Question

1)What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?

2)What is round as a dishpan, deep as a tub, and still the oceans couldn't fill it up?

3)Scarcely was the father in this world when the son could be found sitting on the roof.

4)What goes up the chimney down, but can't go down the chimney up?

5)When one does not know what it is, then it is something; but when one knows what it is, then it is nothing.

My mind is a sieve with the holes getting bigger every day.

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i cant believe nobody get these:

1)What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else? -YOUR NAME

2)What is round as a dishpan, deep as a tub, and still the oceans couldn't fill it up? (A WELL, an old kindergarten riddle)

3)Scarcely was the father in this world when the son could be found sitting on the roof. -FIRE AND SMOKE

4)What goes up the chimney down, but can't go down the chimney up? -UMBRELLA

5)When one does not know what it is, then it is something; but when one knows what it is, then it is nothing -NOTHING

hi beatles fan,

I've been a member for a while but had a little trying to post puzzlers. Only just wanted to say hi from a long time resident of the Philippines. Only problem is that I lived there from 1947 to 1957 when we moved there after WWII when my dad became gm of USLife for the Far East. I am a Filipino at heart as the Philippines is where I grew up. Last time I was there was when I left Viet Nam to be discharged and returned to the States. By the dates I lived in and around Manila you certainly can figure out that I am an elderly citizen. We moved to Manila when I was 5 and left (kicking and screaming) at 15.

But enough about this old balut eater, please tell me about your self, if you care as I grew up there and I am planning to return.

Salamat and Mabuhy,

theidiot

1)What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?

2)What is round as a dishpan, deep as a tub, and still the oceans couldn't fill it up?

3)Scarcely was the father in this world when the son could be found sitting on the roof.

4)What goes up the chimney down, but can't go down the chimney up?

5)When one does not know what it is, then it is something; but when one knows what it is, then it is nothing.

1. Dunno

2. A barrel with a hole in it?

3. What???

4. Umbrella?

5. No idea