2) Thuhchris

3) Frost

4) Itachi

5) Brandonb

6) grey cells

7) pieman

8) IMLRG

with this roster, there will probably be 3 Mafiosos

though more people, the better :D seriously. Get everyone you know here (and people you DON'T know) to play. With only 8 people, the game could be over after only a few days

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dnae, you forgot IMLRG. Just posting the full list.

Host: Unreality

1) Kingofpain

2) Thuhchris

3) Frost

4) Itachi

5) Brandonb

6) grey cells

7) pieman

8) IMLRG

9) dnae

Oh and unreality, are the mafiosos allowed to PM each other? I thought you mentioned that they could, though I may be wrong.

Edited by Frost

Host: Unreality

1) Kingofpain

2) Thuhchris

3) Frost

4) Itachi

5) Brandonb

6) grey cells

7) pieman

8) IMLRG

9) dnae

how about we start it later today, not later tomorrow? people have had enough time to join... how about, IF YOU ARE READING THIS RIGHT NOW, AND HAVEN'T ALREADY JOINED, AND ARE POSSIBLY MAYBE THINKING ABOUT JOINING, SIGN UP NOW!!!!!

Edited by unreality

another thing: If I choose to not reveal someone's role after their death, the person cannot reveal their role! (until the end of the game, of course :D)

and about the No PMing rule- trust me, PMing behind the scenes ruins the game for everyone... including you. If you think about it, you have no idea who another person is, and PMing with them and giving them excess information will put you more likely to be on the chopping block :D just trust me when I say this: the only PMing-about-the-game that is allowed is at night between the living Mafiosos

dead people aren't allowed to give info out, either

just saying, cuz that can ruin a game :P

anyway... I'll start it soon. Should I start it right now?

alright, that's locked in

hopefully we'll get more people next time :D 10 is good enough for an initial game ;D

Alright, I'm PMing the Mafiosos right now as well as the Innocents that have Special Roles (the Inspector doesn't find out his or her role til a bit later, remember). So if you don't get a PM, that means you're an Innocent ;D

once every single person I PM replies to the PM, I will start the game (the Mafiosos aren't allowed to PM each other about being a Mafia until Night actually starts, which will be when I start the game)

to copy the rules over:

There are three factions: Mafiosos and Innocents and the Grim Reaper

* Mafiosos know who the other Mafiosos are- the rest are all Innocents, except one Innocent is actually the Grim Reaper

* Innocents only know that they are an Innocent, they don't know about anyone else (at least at the start of the game)

* The Grim Reaper only knows who himself or herself is, but is unsure about everyone else

I (Unreality) am the Host- I am neither faction, but I oversee the game

In the beginning, everyone signs up to play, then I randomly pick Mafia members- there's always more Innocents than Mafiosos. I PM all the Mafiosos, telling them who ALL the Mafiosos are, then on this topic I post the total number of mafiosos, so that the Innocents know (but the Innocents do not know who among them are Mafia members). I also pick the Grim Reaper from among the Innocents

The game takes place in cycles of night and day.

* At night, the Mafiosos are allowed to PM each other to decide on a victim... then they all PM me on their choice- if there are differences, I take the majority vote. Also, during the night, the Doctor PMs me on one person he/she wants to save (it cannot be the Doctor), and if that person is chosen by the Mafia, they do not die!

Also, if it is an even-number night (2nd, 4th, etc), the Grim Reaper PMs me who he or she wants to exterminate that night (if this person was chosen by the Doctor, they survive)

* In the day, everyone still alive in the game speculates and discusses who they want to "lynch" (the Innocents want to lynch suspected Mafia members or the Grim Reaper). Once a majority consensus is reached, that person is written off the game as well. Remember, the Mafia members (secretly pretending to be Innocents) also vote who to lynch, so they can try to disrupt the vote and make the Innocents lynch one of their own.

* If the last person standing is an Innocent, the Innocents win.

* If the last person standing is a Mafioso, the Mafia wins

* The Grim Reaper wins if s/he kills off the last Innocent left OR the last Mafioso left, or if s/he kills the Inspector with proof that the person s/he is killing is the Inspector

Special Roles:

* The Doctor- I will secretly choose one Innocent to be the Doctor, who, every night, PMs me of one person they want to "save", which cannot be themselves. If this person is voted by the Mafia or chosen by the Grim Reaper that night, the person lives.

* The Martyr- another secret Innocent role. They can opt to, ONLY ONCE, and at any time, PM me with a suspected Mafioso. I reveal (to everyone) the role of this exposed person, but the Martyr DIES (thus everyone learns who the Martyr was, too). If I were the Martyr, only use this when you REALLY need to for your team, because the cost is your life

* The Inspector- a secret Innocent role that can, every other day (2nd day, 4th, etc) get PMed by me (until their first PM from me, they do not know they are the Inspector) the role of a Mafioso. However, the Inspector must be tricky and subtle, and not flash the information around, because if the Grim Reaper learns the identity of the Inspector, the Grim Reaper can win the game next night ;D

* The Ghost- the first person to die becomes the Ghost. The Ghost, at any time, can PM me with the name of one person, and that person's Special Role, if any, is revealed to the Ghost (not Mafia/Innocent role, but special role). What the Ghost chooses to do with this information is his or her own choice

GRIM REAPER ACCUSATIONS

Anyone can PM me anytime with a Grim Reaper accusation.

* If they were wrong: the Grim Reaper gets PMed immediately who made the accusation and who they accused (so oftentimes the person that made the wrong accusation pays with their life)

* If they are right: nobody finds out until the Grim Reaper's next kill, when, instead of making a kill, the accuser tracks the Grim Reaper and kills the Grim Reaper first

This is why the Grim Reaper tries to keep their identity secret

RULES

No outside contact! YOU CANNOT PM PEOPLE ABOUT THE GAME! This is the most important and ONLY rule in the entire game, and if anyone breaks it, they are never allowed to play Mafia ever ever ever again on this forum.

read this about the PMing thing:

Posted by Unreality

another thing: If I choose to not reveal someone's role after their death, the person cannot reveal their role! (until the end of the game, of course :D )

and about the No PMing rule- trust me, PMing behind the scenes ruins the game for everyone... including you. If you think about it, you have no idea who another person is, and PMing with them and giving them excess information will put you more likely to be on the chopping block :D just trust me when I say this: the only PMing-about-the-game that is allowed is at night between the living Mafiosos

dead people aren't allowed to give info out, either

just saying, cuz that can ruin a game :P