BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

My Google Gadgets in Your Language

rookie1ja

My 3 google gadgets I made for you are as follows:

Brain Teasers gadget

Puzzles & Riddles gadget

Famous Optical Illusions gadget

I have written the Brain Teasers and Illusions gadgets in several languages. In particular, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and simplified Chinese. So if you have a google account and you have already added my gadgets (mentioned above) to your google home page, then you can see them in several languages (depending on what your country and language preferences are).

For instance, after you have added my gadgets, you can see them in Spanish via this link - http://www.google.com/ig?hl=es.

For more language abbreviations check http://www.google.com/apis/gadgets/i18n.html.

If you are a native speaker (of the 8 above mentioned languages), you can check them and find some bugs.

Have fun.

• 1 year later...
OK, so just how many languages do you know?

5 = Slovak, Czech, English, German, Russian

btw, the Illusions gadget is already translated into Chinese ... if you already have the gadget added to your igoogle.com then you can set the preferences to other language, for instance to Chinese

I would still like to have the static (non-forum) pages translated to other languages by humans (so the automatic translation by Google would be the last option) - eg. to Chinese, German and Spanish

I might be ignorant about this but... isn't that like me saying that I speak Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian and Montenegrian ;)

you're right (partly) ... I am glad that I provoked your response :D ... however, there is something interesting going on - the Czechs (new generation) have more problems to understand Slovaks and speak in Slovak whereas we (Slovaks) understand and speak Czech language quite fluently without strong accent ... I guess since we separated there was stronger influence from Czechs on Slovaks than vice versa (mainly due to more Czech TV stations coverage in Slovakia than Slovak TV stations in Czech Republic)

ps: I have been to Dubrovnik a few months ago ... great place for vacation B))

you're right (partly) ... I am glad that I provoked your response :D ... however, there is something interesting going on - the Czechs (new generation) have more problems to understand Slovaks and speak in Slovak whereas we (Slovaks) understand and speak Czech language quite fluently without strong accent ... I guess since we separated there was stronger influence from Czechs on Slovaks than vice versa (mainly due to more Czech TV stations coverage in Slovakia than Slovak TV stations in Czech Republic)

ps: I have been to Dubrovnik a few months ago ... great place for vacation B))

I get it... :) it’s like Serbian and Macedonian language. Before Yugoslavia went to smithereens, all of the Republics were studying Serbian in schools and that combined with the current popularity of Serbian television there, you get Macedonians that still speak and understand Serbian, and Serbs that only understand one phrase in Macedonian language... <_<

Ja sakam BD! :lol:

Vďaka Rookie... and it’s confirmed you do speak five languages! ;)

ps: I like your shades... B))

Counts down to a user specified date. Customize it to countdown to any blog event, contest closing date, poll closing date, blog anniversary etc. Here is another one with text only display. Keep reminding your visitors and never miss a deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

When I looked to see if there were any options available in the brain teasers gadget, (the downward pointing arrow at the top right - it's called edit settings) I saw the possibility "you might also like..." and clicked on it. You could have suggested your other gadgets there. It redirected me to the general gadget page stating that:

"Sorry, there are no recommendations available for "BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers". Here are some popular gadgets:"

Great gadget btw.

Alan

When I looked to see if there were any options available in the brain teasers gadget, (the downward pointing arrow at the top right - it's called edit settings) I saw the possibility "you might also like..." and clicked on it. You could have suggested your other gadgets there. It redirected me to the general gadget page stating that:

"Sorry, there are no recommendations available for "BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers". Here are some popular gadgets:"

Great gadget btw.

Alan

"you might also like" feature is generated automatically - I can not suggest my other gadgets via that option

Do you speak Latin??

no (just a few phrases)

• 4 weeks later...
My 3 google gadgets I made for you are as follows:

Brain Teasers gadget

Puzzles & Riddles gadget

Famous Optical Illusions gadget

I have written the Brain Teasers and Illusions gadgets in several languages. In particular, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and simplified Chinese. So if you have a google account and you have already added my gadgets (mentioned above) to your google home page, then you can see them in several languages (depending on what your country and language preferences are).

For instance, after you have added my gadgets, you can see them in Spanish via this link - http://www.google.com/ig?hl=es.

For more language abbreviations check http://www.google.com/apis/gadgets/i18n.html.

If you are a native speaker (of the 8 above mentioned languages), you can check them and find some bugs.

Have fun.

I checked my Google home page for hl=ru. News, weather, and Stock Market gadgets, all changed to Russian; Puzzles and Riddles gadget -- didn't.

I checked my Google home page for hl=ru. News, weather, and Stock Market gadgets, all changed to Russian; Puzzles and Riddles gadget -- didn't.

well spotted ... as I have already written

I have written the Brain Teasers and Illusions gadgets in several languages.

so only those 2 gadgets are in more languages (the brain teasers gadget just the first tab - at the time of my 1st post in this topic there was just 1 tab)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...