Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Magic Moving Images - video

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Check out this book of Magic Moving Images -Animated Optical Illusions-. (video)

Be amazed as you watch a horse gallop, cogs turning, bird flapping, 3d objects rotating, and many other familiar objects animating throughout the book. includes 26 optical animations to thrill and amaze.

More details can be found on the Magic Moving Images YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/magicmovingimages

or by searching for the ISBN: 1899618740 on any major UK internet book site.

Posted · Report post

omg!, tha's the coolest book ever!

Posted · Report post

How does it work? I guess the lines in front hide the lines behind, showing a slightly different picture each time giving the illusion of movement.

Posted · Report post

That gives me chills.

Posted · Report post

the plastic card has thin black stripes inside it in changing width and if you noticed, all the pictures were made up of vertical lines. so parts of the picture that wernt supposed to move had thicker lines so that they always filled up the gaps and therefor did not appear to move.

the moving parts were narrower and each intended frame had certin width bars and the car alowed the appearence of one of those frames at once.

Posted · Report post

the plastic card has thin black stripes inside it in changing width and if you noticed, all the pictures were made up of vertical lines. so parts of the picture that wernt supposed to move had thicker lines so that they always filled up the gaps and therefor did not appear to move.

the moving parts were narrower and each intended frame had certin width bars and the car alowed the appearence of one of those frames at once.

death is only a part of... screw it, if ur dead ur already screwed

Posted · Report post

that was awesome! genius idea, with the lines moving sideways to show only one part at a time.

Posted · Report post

That was awesome!!! I wonder where you can get the book

Posted · Report post

That's how a 'Hologram' works

Posted · Report post

it is quite interesting!

however, the principle of this phenomenon is very simple!

Posted · Report post

well i watch this video 3 times :P

Posted · Report post

The horse looked very much real... I liked it a lot.

Posted · Report post

to do it you slide the screen left to right <_<

Posted · Report post

Minted! I want one! :rolleyes:

Posted (edited) · Report post

That was awesome!!! I wonder where you can get the book <!-- s:?: --><!-- s:?: -->

The Book's Amazon Page

It's temporaily out of stock but place your orders and I'll bet you get soon

Edited by Hop David

Posted · Report post

Super awesome. A bit like a high-tech. comic strip where every movement needs to be a little different than the next one. This scenario dealing with many lines inside of the figures. I want that book also. :D

Posted · Report post

Thats NOT actually the first book ever to do that :P i had a book a long time ago that also had the same acetate paper, but the whole book was illusions, so there were quite a few things :P like the big petal small petal flowers, and all these other optical illusions

Posted · Report post

amazing how a few simple tools gives our brains the impression that something flat on a piece of paper is actually moving.

Our brains must be very simple to trick!! :wacko::wacko:

Posted · Report post

Maybe someday stuff like this will be used in newspapers. You know, It'll be like the Daily Prophet in Harry Potter. Only, not so much. But its still cool.

Posted · Report post

Check out this book of Magic Moving Images -Animated Optical Illusions-. (video)

Be amazed as you watch a horse gallop, cogs turning, bird flapping, 3d objects rotating, and many other familiar objects animating throughout the book. includes 26 optical animations to thrill and amaze.

More details can be found on the Magic Moving Images YouTube channel:

<!-- m --><a href="http://www.youtube.com/magicmovingimages" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/magicmovingimages</a><!-- m -->

or by searching for the ISBN: 1899618740 on any major UK internet book site.

its really amazing!!! i wish i could do something like this... :)

Posted · Report post

its really amazing!!! i wish i could do something like this... :)

Hmmmmm, I wonder if I could write some software to print those. You would still have to do the drawings though! I will buy the book and look into it.

Posted · Report post

That's so cool. I wish I could own one book like this. :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0