Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Some notes on Illusions IV

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

1. Here are a couple non-illusion images of the Face on Mars (note that these weren't available for something like 20 or 30 years after the original was taken):

(Click to see pages with bigger versions.)

2006-0921mars.thumbnail.jpgS_010528.jpg

2. In the colored "X" picture, there are 3 colors: red, green, white. "White" is a mixture of wavelengths just as much as red and green usually are. It is possible to have single-wavelength red or green (such as in a laser), where white cannot be less than 2 distinct wavelengths (yellow + blue, red + cyan, or anything in the middle), but in everyday life neither red nor green are single-wavelengths. On that note, there are 3 different colors when viewed from afar (because the light mixes to appear as different colors): light green, pink, and a goofy brown-ish color.

3. Here are the faces I saw in the 11 faces illusion. I count 17. The yellow face on the upper-right, the green face in the upper-middle and the blue face just right of the green face are not meant to be seen (that is, I saw them, but they weren't an intended part of the illusion). That leaves 11 hidden faces and 3 obvious faces (the man and two horses). I'll put the original here too so you can look back and forth--my markings probably make it hard to see what I was looking at. What's funny is that some of the less obvious ones popped out most readily.

11faces.jpg

post-215-1178733675_thumbjpg

Posted · Report post

WHOA NOW THATS COOL WISH I SAW ALL THE FACES!

Posted · Report post

Okay. If you look at the guy on the bottom just a hair to the right in the middle, you can see Mr. Incredible!!!

Posted · Report post

I see 2 more than that lol just to the right of the right eye of the big face in the bottom centre there are two very small eyes and i can see a mouth below. Also the small yellow face in the top right to the right of it and a tiny bit below i see a moustache as part of a face??? anyone else???

Posted · Report post

'Tis a beautiful piece of artwork, no?

Posted · Report post

I see another face, big one.

In the top left, between the marked red and yellow faces, left eye the red's right. Chubby, but clear cheek line.

Posted · Report post

wow, thats really cool!

Posted · Report post

I see one! thats not marked, right beside the one at the top left corner, its face is slanted to the otherside ;)

Posted · Report post

Then there are people like me who can only see about 6 or 7 due to limited color vision. I see the primary colors, but loose about 50% of the spectrum 'between' the primary colors. So for me there is no pink, purples, green,...... But you know some how I survive as long as there is a stop sign at every red single flashing light.

Thanks for marking them all so I could see them. The artist is amazing.

Posted (edited) · Report post

This is my original sitings, I saw 16 - I didn't count the so called 'obvious' faces,the man and two horses. Ive realized that there is lots more-I'll post them.

post-10548-1221712600_thumbjpg

post-10548-1221713067_thumbjpg

Edited by blah blah

Posted · Report post

I see 2 more than that lol just to the right of the right eye of the big face in the bottom centre there are two very small eyes and i can see a mouth below. Also the small yellow face in the top right to the right of it and a tiny bit below i see a moustache as part of a face??? anyone else???

i saw those and also (i dont know if you said this :P ) but in the bottom right corner just to the left of the mouth of the red face there are two small eyes and it looks like the mouth is frowning! both of us might have to just chill for a second though cuz i dont know if these faces are supposed to be there... :blush::blink:

Posted · Report post

How on Earth (or Mars) is that a face?

This is a face: smiley.jpg

Posted · Report post

I saw a lot of little, tiny faces within the other faces not counting the horses and stuff. The Mars face looks like a person pressing their face up against plastic wrap that is pulled tight.

Posted · Report post

I saw a lot of little, tiny faces within the other faces not counting the horses and stuff. The Mars face looks like a person pressing their face up against plastic wrap that is pulled tight.

it also looks like when Harry Potter was in the restriced section of the library and opened a book :o

Posted · Report post

Hii,,

I saw all 14 faces, but a vieuw i saw where diverent than those you've showed..

(Sorry, but i'm not so good in English because i'm from Holland and only 14 years old..)

post-13977-1235246218.jpg

post-13977-1235246061.jpg

Posted · Report post

This is my original sitings, I saw 16 - I didn't count the so called 'obvious' faces,the man and two horses. Ive realized that there is lots more-I'll post them.

look at the waterfall there is one there also

i count 18 now should i be really worried lol

Posted · Report post

Actually there are 11 mental beings at the above picture. This means 11 real men (no women). I found them the first time I looked, I'll post them tomorrow.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find all those men again, but I found a rabbit and some other animals. I know that I needed to look for faces, but some of the creatures' faces are not visible.

Actually in half-abstract pictures like this you can see everything you want.

Edited by Ianis G. Vasilev

Posted · Report post

Sorry, a little error with the upload. Now it's here:

post-27885-062908700 1278794108.jpg

Posted · Report post

Joining all the faces everyone has said I can find around 22

Posted · Report post

Joining all the faces everyone has said I can find around 22

I have an odd feeling that there aren't supposed to be that many. :)