BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

The Master Mechanic

Gary, a highly skilled auto mechanic, climed under the chassis of shawn's midnight-blue Pontiac GTO. Ten minutes later he climbed out from under the car. Gary did not inspect or repair the automobile, nor did her offer and professional advise to the car's owner. In fact, Shawn new full well that Gary had never even touched the vehicle. Immediately afterwards, and as a result of what just occurred, Shawn unhesitatingly paid Gary five hundred dollars ($500). Why would he do this?

13 answers to this question

Maybe

Shawn paid Gary to acquire and put a tracking device on the car. Gary was so skilled he was able to attach it without touching the car.

Haha... creative... but way off

it was either gary's clone or identicle twin that did work on the car.

Or mabye the $500 was for some sort of mob/matfia transaction (protection payments).

re-read... he was paid the 500 as a result of what had just occured...

a bet. shawn bet gary 500 that he couldn't climb under the car and climb back out without touching the car. gary won.

Okay so close... i'm gonna have to say the answer becuase nobody will get it...

Gary bet shawn 500 dollars that he could lie in the middle of the highway for ten minutes... in order to win the bet, he parked his car in the middle of the highway and layed under it for 10 mintes... Shawn obviously saw that he had lost the bet and agreed to pay him the 500

So Gary is Shawn's lover, but Shawn is married (think Mass. governor McGreavy). Shawn's wife calls and says she's on her way home to pick up the briefcase she forgot in her closet, so Shawn tells Gary, "oh my gosh sweetie, we have to hide you, but not in the closet for metaphoric purposes! If you hide under the car for 10 minutes while my wife is here, I will give you $500 and a nice spanking."

Okay so close... i'm gonna have to say the answer becuase nobody will get it...

Gary bet shawn 500 dollars that he could lie in the middle of the highway for ten minutes... in order to win the bet, he parked his car in the middle of the highway and layed under it for 10 mintes... Shawn obviously saw that he had lost the bet and agreed to pay him the 500

Parked a car in the middle of the highway?! He'll need the $500 for the multiple tickets he'd incur :P

Is it a puzzle???? you can make any reason you like and reject all other's answers...puzzle should have one or more definite answers....you cannot tell like that..."A woman is wearing an overcoat in the summer, why she is doing so?"...there can be a thousand answers provided by you all and i can reject anyhting and make up the 1001st...ridiculous

Is it a puzzle???? you can make any reason you like and reject all other's answers...puzzle should have one or more definite answers....you cannot tell like that..."A woman is wearing an overcoat in the summer, why she is doing so?"...there can be a thousand answers provided by you all and i can reject anyhting and make up the 1001st...ridiculous

I think i just saw this exact thing on a different riddle, but i completely agree with you, storm.

So Gary is Shawn's lover, but Shawn is married (think Mass. governor McGreavy). Shawn's wife calls and says she's on her way home to pick up the briefcase she forgot in her closet, so Shawn tells Gary, "oh my gosh sweetie, we have to hide you, but not in the closet for metaphoric purposes! If you hide under the car for 10 minutes while my wife is here, I will give you $500 and a nice spanking."

hehe...that is a very funny answer Neal :lol: