BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia x Mafia

Yoruichi-san

@araver, if phil/plas is Nana's possible killer, why shouldn't we turn the lynch on Phil?

That's the part I'm missing. You're starting to convince me, and I had Phil tentatively as Nefer.

I will join the lynch, either way - Flame or Phil, but I'm inclined at the moment towards Phil, who should be talking.

But I'll let you make the call.

Still suffering from newbie fog, with all the possible mimicking, etc., that can be playing out here.

Aside: What is "RID"?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing around current roster:

Chairman: Yoruichi-san

Roster:

1) Phil1882
2) Framm18 - DEAD [Killua] lynched
3) Flamebirde - voting for araver
4) bonanova- voting for araver
5) GMaster479 - voting for araver
6) Araver {APR 1} - voting for Flame
7) Nana77 - DEAD [?] killed by Ant Queen

Less than 2 hours left in the Day.

Day 2

The flames of the villagers’ torches flickered in the dusty twilight as they gathered around Araver, who was affixed to a giant wooden stake surrounded by dry twigs and hay.

“No!” he cried, “You must listen to me, I have seen it, seen it all…”

But his pleas fell on deaf ears. One of villagers tossed his torch into the pyre, setting the whole thing aflame.

“Don’t, this is madness, madness!” Araver’s voice choked up with the smoke rising from the fire. “Madness, please, madness...hahahaha...I know, I see...the grand plan...it’s clear…” his voiced cracked as the fumes traveled into his brain. “Hahahahaha….ahhhhhhhhhh!”

The villagers watched silently as the flames consumed him, body and mind.

Roster:

1) Phil1882
3) Flamebirde
4) bonanova
5) GMaster479

6) Araver - DEAD [Palm] lynched

Night 3 starts now, ends 9PM CST tomorrow 7/21!

Night 3

Slivers of silver moon peaked out from behind wispy clouds, softly illuminating the figure who levitated in the street, waiting for Gmaster.

The creature seemed to have a human body, which wore black slacks and a wrinkle-free dress shirt, tucked in at the waist. However, it also had antennas and a pair of large, colorful, translucent butterfly wings, from which sparkling particles seemed to emanate.

“So the Ant Queen only sent one to take care of me? Are you sure that’s going to be enough?” Gmaster taunted his opponent.

The creature laughed, a high, tinkling sound. “Foolish human, you have no clue, do you? I am not a pedestrian ant soldier, I am Shaiapouf, of the Royal Guard,” he declared, chest puffing. “And I was not sent by anyone. Our King’s birth is imminent, and I volunteered to come myself to make certain that nothing interferes with that glorious occasion. And you must be disposed of.”

“Well, you can try…” Gmaster crouched back into a martial arts stance.

Shaiapouf came flying at his prey, fists formed into sharp points that could penetrate a man’s heart.

Gmaster adeptly pivoted out of the way, and readied his counterattack: a flying side kick to the back of Pouf’s antennaed head.

But Pouf was too fast, sensing Gmaster’s en and dodging with ease. He paused, mid-air, then swooped back around to make another run at his target.

Again Gmaster dodged, but this time he noticed his limbs moving a bit slower. He wondered at it for only a moment as he turned his attention back to make a second counterattack.

This trend continued for several more attacks, which seemed to Gmaster an eternity, but in reality lasted no more than a few minutes. Finally, Pouf attacked, and Gmaster found himself unable to clear the assault in time. Pouf’s hand sliced through Gmaster’s shoulder.

In agony and a little woozy, Gmaster turned...just in time to see Pouf’s shining eyes as the hand plunged into his heart. “What...what...happened?” he choked, blood filling his lungs.

Pouf smirked. “My wings emit a spore which paralyze the victim. I had not been seriously trying to attack you in the beginning, I was distracting you whilst disseminating my spores around you.”

“We...we’re in trouble…” were Gmaster’s last words.

Roster:

1) Phil1882 {APR 0}
3) Flamebirde
4) bonanova
5) GMaster479 - DEAD [?] killed by Ant Queen

(For those of you who didn't get such epic death scenes: sorry, it's not personal, I just had some free time today at work and decided to dig back into my creative writing side.)

Day 3 starts now, ends at 9PM CST tomorrow 7/22!

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Roster:

1) Phil1882 {APR 0}
3) Flamebirde - voting for Bonanova
4) bonanova

Well, Phil, truce? I won't kill next night and we'll tie the next day by voting for each other. Same applies to you, Bonanova.

Whoever replies first with an affirmative, I'll accept.

1) Phil1882 {APR 0}
4) bonanova - voting for Flame

@Flame, OK so like you're offering a ... what? And promising that you won't ... what?

And Phil or I should accept a deal that promises ... what?

If you wanted a coin toss, you should have voted for silent Phil.

But you didn't. You chose to attack me. Bad move.

By the way, if I'm lynched, Nefer/phil wins.

I'm cool with that.

But I bet that you're not, so now I'm dictating the terms.

You have one chance to live.

Think well, choose wisely, or die.

it sounds like flame must be the baddie, since i don't have a kill ability without the baddie dying.

if i vote for the baddie, who apears to be flame, then i win, presuming both flame and bonanova stick to the current votes.

if they both switch to me, then flame wins. correct?

yeah it looks to me like either flame or bonanova should win depending on how voting pans out in the end. i have no choice but to vote for flame to get victory. flame will have to kill me at the night round in order to win, but he can only do that if bonanova doesn't vote for him. so in truth bonanova has the deciding vote. though he cant win, he decides whether flame or myself die, and thus the winning player.

okay then i vote for flame. let's see what bonanova does.

apparently not playing mafia can be just as effective as playing mafia.

1) Phil1882 {APR 0} -voting for flame

@Phil: Good morning, glad you could join us, if only to witness the Grand Coup.

It's not quite as simple as you say..

Flame has a decision to make that affects his survival.

If I "cannot win," I have total freedom at the midnight hour, and I've already tipped my hand on my preference.

@Flame: I'm listening....

well, to be fair, I just needed to lynch you, Bonanova, to win. That's why I hoped Phil would be with me. On the other hand, I'd prefer not to let Phil win.

@Bonanova, you can't win because you need to kill both me and Nefer, If I die Phil gets his RID kill, If Phil dies I have my kill.

If you vote with me, Bonanova, I won't kill you the next night, and the next day we both vote for each other and draw/tie.

1) Phil1882 {APR 0} -voting for flame
3) Flamebirde - voting for Phil

Roster:

1) Phil1882 {APR 1} -voting for flame

alright. in that case, it was a good game, especially by Phil. Laying low is a typical baddie/indy strategy, but it worked in this case. I guess all he really needed to do was to let us take each other out. I shouldn't have taken his "don't expect much from me, I'll be gone for a while" excuse so easily... well played; it was a good read on your role, Phil. I underestimated you.

But I will rise again...

He flips his coin, and ... it ... stands on edge.

4) bonanova - voting for bonanova

Sorry guys ... nothing so liberating as knowing it doesn't matter.

I just couldn't let anyone outlive me in the process.

He flips his coin, and ... it ... stands on edge.

4) bonanova - voting for bonanova

Timestamp: 9:01

Day Post coming, might be a while ;)

Day 3

The long reddish orange rays of the setting sun focused on the three figures, tugging anxiously at their shadows. The hot humid air was saturated with anticipation, and in the distance, but too far distant, a crow cawed and the sound echoed throughout the electric atmosphere. The figures themselves, however, were silent and still.

Here they were, the final three. The last survivors of this bloody and brutal battle, this ritual of deception and detection that seven had originally begun in. One by one, the others had been taken down. Now it was just them, and the end was nigh.

On one corner of the makeshift triangle stood Bonuckle, the last surviving Hunter, with his fists furled and stance firmly set, ready for the last brawl. The situation looked bad for him, but he wasn’t going to give up without a fight.

In another corner hunkered the Flaming Ant Queen, who had somehow made it to this point by the skin of its teeth, fighting tooth and nail for its victory and its legacy. Its eyes darted back and forth furtively between its two opponents, waiting for one of them to make a move.

In the final corner, lounging and surveying the scene with seeming disinterest, was the independent minded Neferphilou. She rocked back and forth on its exoskeleton covered feet and hummed an eerily cheerful tune, and completely ignoring the little white object with the counter on its head that had at some point began following her.

“Give it up,” the FAQ directed towards Bonuckle. “You know you can’t win, but do you really want that traitor, who has done nothing to deserve it, to win? Side with me against her, and I promise you I won’t kill you.”

Bonuckle harumphed skeptically. “What reason do I have to believe you’ll keep your word? None, that’s what. Maybe I can’t win, but I definitely will not let you.”

Philou laughed. “I don’t care what either of you do, I haven’t had to lift a finger this entire time, and I’m still going to win. Why don’t you two just kill each other and save me the trouble.” She yawned.

“Why, you insolent…” the FAQ screeched and lunged at Philou, deadly feelers extended.

Without even turning to look in the FAQ’s direction, Philou hopped up, out of the way of the attack, and landed soundlessly back down a few feet away.

Bonuckle took the opportunity to make his move, channeling his en into his fist and launching a powerful attack at the FAQ while it was off balance. The FAQ, still reeling, managed to move out of the way to the right...but not enough. The nen-enhanced punch tore off part of her torso on the left side. The FAQ screamed and writhed in agony.

“Heh,” bonuckle grinned smugly. “That’s one down, one more to…”

But before he could finish the thought he felt a sharp jolt of pain.. He looked down at his chest, bewildered, and found part of Philou’s hand sticking out of it. Jerkily, he twisted his neck around to look into the face of his attacker. “I can’t...believe…”

“What, did you think I wasn’t going to kill you just because I didn’t have to? I don’t kill because I have to...I kill because I can, because you creatures are all inferior and don’t deserve to live.” Philou scoffed.

“Mm...noo…” bonuckle coughed and tried to shake his head. His eyes began to grow dull and weary. “That’s...not...what…” Blood gushed out of the corners of his mouth and his body began to quake. “I can’t believe...you…” Suddenly a light sparked back into his eyes and he grinned, a bloody, half-mad grin. “...fell for it.”

Philou had only a millisecond to realize what was happening before the bomb inside the Hunter, connected to bonuckle’s heartbeat, detonated.

horriblesubs-hunter-x-hunter-126-720p-mk

Afterword:

It had been 6 months since the bomb had gone off that had laid waste to most of the Republic of East Brainden. It had been said that the area had been mostly unpopulated by then, seeing as how the residents that had not mysteriously disappeared had made the intelligent choice of relocating to not share their countrymen’s fate, whatever it may have been.

After the explosion, people had stayed clear of the area, hearing that the residue was probably poisonous. But now that the authorities on such matters had deemed the levels of toxicity safe for brief periods of exposure, the opportunists, the ones desperate for fame and/or power, and the archaeologically minded had formed an expedition into the ruins of that territory.

As the ragtag group ventured into where the heart of the destruction had been, they were careful to move slowly, meticulously checking the readings on their various instruments and the radiation level indicators that they wore. As they progressed without incident, they began to relax a little, and murmurings of conservation started between their number.

“It’s not as bad as I thought it would be,” a squat man with a receding hairline asserted to the tall, attractive woman in glasses walking next to him. “I mean, I’ve seen much worse and gotten through it. There was that one time…”

The woman, who had been nodding politely, not really listening, abruptly stopped, eyes gaping. “Whaaaa...what’s that…?” she stammered and pointed.

The man frowned at being interrupted, but turned to see what the woman was gesturing at. The others in the group had also diverted their attention to the spectacle.

Something had began rising from the debris, and odd form, badly burnt. As it reached its full height, the expedition noted that its form seemed somewhat humanoid, with the incinerated remains of what appeared to be arms hanging off what they recognized as a torso, and standing, shakily, on what could be considered legs.

“Is it alive? Can it talk?” the group began to ask each other after recovering from their initial shock.

The follically challenged man glanced at the woman, then, puffing up his chest, stepped forward towards the entity. This is quite a discovery! He thought greedily. I’ll be famous, more famous than that pretty boy detective who all the women go gaga for...

“Hello! We are the expeditionary team sent by the Inter-Brainden Relations Commitee,” he accosted, standing on a mound of debris in front of it. “Are you alright? Can we help you in any way?”

The creature - it was a creature, they now realized - turned its gaze up at the man. “Yesss…” its voice came weakly as a low hiss.

The man turned back to his party, giving them a smile that was reassuring and just a little smug. “Well, then,” he crooned, turning back to his prize, “what can we do for you…”

As the words left his mouth, he noticed something odd. He seemed to be in the wrong place, i.e. he wasn’t where he thought he’d be…? Well, his body was where it should be, he knew that, he could see it...wait it minute...why could he see so much of his own body?

His shriek froze in his severed vocal cords as the last remnants of electrical activity faded from his head, which was now a significant distance from the rest of him.

The rest of his party screamed and began to run wildly in different directions.

The creature straightened up and the dessicated gap which had been its mouth opened and a wrinkled tongue protruded to lick off the blood on its paws. Feeling a little better, it grinned down at the silly man’s head. “What you can do for me?” Philou repeated in an amused tone. “You can die for me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Congratulations, phil (and plasmid as proxy), technically, you win!
A great final play by bonanova, but the thing with last minute plays is that you really have to get the timing correctly. As said by Shakespeare (or Christopher Marlow, depending on your argument ;)): "Better three hours too soon than a minute too late."
Good game play by flamebirde too, you managed to convince enough of the innocents of your "innocence" to get them to lynch their own save and the one innocent who had everything figure out :lol:.
Speaking of which, a big hand of applause for Araver, who played his role perfectly and did a great job of observing and deducing. If only he could have convinced the rest of the innocents about what they needed to do :(.
And good job to everyone else too, I don't have specifics since most of the rest didn't live long enough to have done anything particularly noteworthy, but everyone gave the game the effort they could, and overall it was a pretty interesting game ^_^.
It's getting late here, and I've been having formatting issues with the action list this entire game, so I'll just leave the unformatted roster here and I'll get the action list up tomorrow for those who care/are curious.
Player Role

1) Phil1882 Neferpitou
2) Framm18 Killua
3) Flamebirde Ant Queen
4) bonanova Knuckle
5) GMaster479 Gon
6) Araver Palm

7) Nana77 Shoot
Thanks for playing! Hope to see you in my next game!
Edited by Yoruichi-san