BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

24 answers to this question

A man kills his wife. Many people watch him doing so.

Yet no one will ever be able to accuse him of murder. Why?

Stumped in general - but in some countries it's legal, with permission!

A man kills his wife. Many people watch him doing so.

Yet no one will ever be able to accuse him of murder. Why?

He killed himself at the same time in some sort of accident

or

He killed her but did'nt murder her!

He's a hangman and she was sentenced to death. He hangs her everyone sees but no-body can convict because he is carrying out the will of the state

And you said to exclude permission, legality - retraction required i think

To Lost in space, What i was getting at with the legality issue is that if it was anyone else other than the hangman and his wife who was sentenced to death wife then it would be as normally know illegal for him to kill her but to say that would've given the game away when you mentioned permission you weren't talking of the wife being guilty or the situation the answer gives. You meant countries where women don't have rights and where a husband can fly into a rage beat her to death in public and not be touched.

Grey Cells is one that i like people see him killing his wife but because they don't know that's what he's doing they won't accuse him of murder, now we could pick holes in it and say well "if she died after an accident an autopsy would take place and the forensics would prove that he in affect killed her, but then the doctor could argue that he was flustered forgot standard procedure and accidently give her the wrong blood and then it eventually proves right" however that wouldn't be entering into the spirit of it, i know what grey cell was getting at and the logic behanid it the abstract thought patterning there. i actively encourage it because short of genuine confusion you could pick holes in most riddles

To Lost in space, What i was getting at with the legality issue is that if it was anyone else other than the hangman and his wife who was sentenced to death wife then it would be as normally know illegal for him to kill her but to say that would've given the game away when you mentioned permission you weren't talking of the wife being guilty or the situation the answer gives. You meant countries where women don't have rights and where a husband can fly into a rage beat her to death in public and not be touched.

No TOPHAT, I meant in some countries they don't have the death penalty and some do. As well as euthenasia in some and not in others. I covered both as both fit the OP. Untill you said no legal killing was allowed - and then reintroduced it - that's playing a game me thinks - up to you how you want to post - free speech etc.

Note you concluded what you thought I meant, that's ok- except you were wrong!

take a view of this information - was i wrong?

"gave the game away" when I was correct - up to you if you don't want to provide and answer till later, at least PM and say so, that wld be courtious.

Note that the OP is not full of information, which therefore means there will be a number of correct answers.

Only my wife is right even when she's wrong - in fact she's never more right than when she's wrong, but that's another story!

I never mentioned anything about legal killing i just said assume a country where it's not legal for a husband to kill his wife. therefoere the objebct becomes in such a country how is it possible for a huband to kill his wife without being accused of murder, that then brings you to the answer. Valid points again however it's not my riddle so i can't change the answer (http://www.riddles-online.com/brain_twisters/brain-twister-killer.htm) your euthenasia point was good and i got that but it a country where you can't legally kill your wife the question arises again how do you do it and the answer as a husband and hangman of a condemned prisoner

I never mentioned anything about legal killing i just said assume a country where it's not legal for a husband to kill his wife. therefoere the objebct becomes in such a country how is it possible for a huband to kill his wife without being accused of murder, that then brings you to the answer. Valid points again however it's not my riddle so i can't change the answer (http://www.riddles-online.com/brain_twisters/brain-twister-killer.htm) your euthenasia point was good and i got that but it a country where you can't legally kill your wife the question arises again how do you do it and the answer as a husband and hangman of a condemned prisoner

Can you please clarify the parts I emboldened? On another note, is emboldened the proper way to say that?

I'd probably say EMBOSSED but that's just me, In such a country means "where killing your wife is murder just the same as killing someone you don't know", the answer "how you get around killing your wife in a country where killing her is illegal just the same as killing someone else"

Just a few remarks you may wish to consider, ignore or kick back!

I never mentioned anything about legal killing i just said assume a country where it's not legal for a husband to kill his wife.

I mentioned legal killing 1st

you said assume a country where it is'nt.

therefoere the objebct becomes in such a country how is it possible for a huband to kill his wife without being accused of murder,

Later you posted an answer which stated it was legal.

.. however it's not my riddle so i can't change the answer (http://www.riddles-online.com/brain_twisters/brain-twister-killer.htm)

Note that there is another part of the forum for mind boggling things on the web - not in favour of that per se, especially when the back office guys are working hard to steer and keep people here by making this site interesting....

TOPHAT, you posted the puzzle, sorry you have to take the flack, when you moved the goal posts - assuming that you interpreted the 'legal' bit (you mentioned the contract law class you were in in another post/topic).

your euthenasia point was good and i got that but it a country where you can't legally kill your wife the question arises again how do you do it and the answer as a husband and hangman of a condemned prisone

So i was right twice in ridly-didly-borderline.etc, where you can't change the answer! but you DID change it, .. I am not that worried actually.. LIS - no credit again - oh hum! i'll have another pancake I suppose

Cogito ergo sum - I'm pink, therefore Im spam

Does the hangman have a mask? - if so no one saw him!

Note embolded is not a word i believe (wld like to know if BOLD TYPE has a one word description), embossed would probably muck up your screen somewhat!

If this helps the discussion ... and I'm not sure it will ... :huh:

For itachi-san..

embolden: verb: give encouragement to

In other words, you make a person bold by emboldening them.

To refer to words that were put into bold type, I don't know of a word for that.

For LIS..

embold/ed - not a word, as you point out.

On the other hand, no one said that it was.

Great. That's settled. Back to the debate. B))

For itachi-san..

To refer to words that were put into bold type, I don't know of a word for that.

For LIS..

Wait a minute, it's not settled. What's the term for making type bold? If there is one that is...

For itachi-san..

For LIS..

whoops, i stand corrected - though it was me who said it, and moving over...

Look forward to he day disembolden visits the dictioary too - Boldface is the type however

And moving on - thanks