BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Coins to Diamonds

TimeSpaceLightForce

Question

16 answers to this question

No, you missed the "viewing from the side" part of my post. Viewed from the side, the coins look like lines ;P. Also, the OP doesn't specify the coins have to be the same coin, so you could do it easily by using 2 coins that have a diameter that is 2X and 3 coins that are a diameter of X, which, viewed in the third dimension, are lines with those lengths

;)

Hai! That is yes..5 coins w/ 2 double diamater. Looks like a parallelogram with line in the middle.

OP should say "same coin" but i guess no one use 4 half-cut coins (or bitable coins) to make 8 diameters.

attachicon.gif2dia.JPG

It seem to have 2 hexagons?

My angles were more...90 degrees ;).

If you want to use the same coin, you can stagger the stacking so that there is 3 coins in 'back' in one direction and 2 coins in 'front in a different direction. Then when you look at it from a front view, it 'seems' to be a grid of intersecting lines that form two rhombuses.

Sorry if I'm going on a completely different tangent than what the OP intended, to be honest, I'm not sure what the OP intends :lol:, but seeing your response to witzar made me think 'outside the box' (or plane of the box ;)) type solutions were acceptable.

• Upvote 1

Viewing from the side, there are several ways to do it with 5 with

US coins...

...or coins of other countries...

attachicon.gifdiamonds.JPG

Flat face arcade coins will do. But the 3-D arrangement above looks like it has 7 triangles.

No, you missed the "viewing from the side" part of my post. Viewed from the side, the coins look like lines ;P. Also, the OP doesn't specify the coins have to be the same coin, so you could do it easily by using 2 coins that have a diameter that is 2X and 3 coins that are a diameter of X, which, viewed in the third dimension, are lines with those lengths

;)

;)

Hai! That is yes..5 coins w/ 2 double diamater. Looks like a parallelogram with line in the middle.

OP should say "same coin" but i guess no one use 4 half-cut coins (or bitable coins) to make 8 diameters.

post-53237-0-18405900-1361222860_thumb.j

;)

attachicon.gif2dia.JPG

My angles were more...90 degrees ;).

If you want to use the same coin, you can stagger the stacking so that there is 3 coins in 'back' in one direction and 2 coins in 'front in a different direction. Then when you look at it from a front view, it 'seems' to be a grid of intersecting lines that form two rhombuses.

Sorry if I'm going on a completely different tangent than what the OP intended, to be honest, I'm not sure what the OP intends :lol:, but seeing your response to witzar made me think 'outside the box' (or plane of the box ;)) type solutions were acceptable.

Oui! congrats Y-san .. merci

post-53237-0-22975500-1361265222_thumb.j