BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Justice League UNLEASHED Sign-ups

Yoruichi-san

(Okay, I'm super-stoked about this, so I'm putting up sign-ups early. Probably will take a while to fill, since there are a whopping 15 players...and I reserve the right to make changes before the game starts ;P.)

An elliptical shadow pressed itself upon the clouds as the object glided through the atmosphere. Upon reaching a clearing above a large, deserted field, the object began to descend. A few feet above the grass, it paused, hovering. There was a barely audible click, and a long ramp lowered itself to the ground.

From the orifice emerged an entity, constructed of metal and clad in purple plating. Its head was cylindrical with a domed top, upon which three circles were arranged in a V pattern. Its eyes were empty, aglow with the light of computation, but devoid of the warmth of feeling.

Those eyes had studied, observed, and catalogued so many civilizations. That head had processed and stored the data of so many worlds. And that body, that ship...they had been the harbinger of doom for so many planets once the entity had attained the information it sought.

As it levitated down the ramp, it scanned the countryside. Yes, this little planet had the potential to provide some interesting material. It would not simply record this planet’s archives and move on, for this planet had yet to discover entirely exact archiving methods. No, instead, it would wait and keep a vigilant watch. The entity was particularly interested in the interactions between the inhabitants of the planet, in the things those inhabitants called friendship and enmity, trust and betrayal, courage and fear, altruism and greed, love and hate. These were the things it most wanted to examine, to understand, to document. And when it was finished, it would leave this world like it had done so many before: destroyed.

The Brain Inter-Active Construct had arrived on Earth.

Brainiac-animated.jpg

Justice League UNLEASHED

First Arc: Beginnings

The Assemblage of Supervillains:

(Have BTSC, choose one player each Night to carry out kill, and once in the entire game, may save one player from the lynch)

Lex Luthor: A mere man, yet he earns the title of Superman’s greatest adversary for his intellect, ambition, and powers of manipulation. Each Night, he may control the actions of one player if he is able to correctly identify their role. Subject to all role restrictions. The player he is manipulating is subject to block/redirection.

The Joker: Why so serious? He certainly isn’t...except when it comes to going on a serious crime spree. Each Night, he may does one player with his laughing gas and steal their vote the following Day (i.e. his vote becomes X2 and theirs X0; if the player dies that Night, he cannot gain).

Gorilla Grodd: A hyper-intelligent ape that uses his telepathic abilities to see one player’s target OR use his brute apish strength to prevent one player from acting each Night.

Sinestro: A former Green Lantern corrupted by the Yellow power of Fear. May use his yellow power ring to mimic the powers (role abilities) of any one dead Supervillain each Night. (If there are no dead Supervillains, does not act).

The Independent:

Amazo/Professor Ivo’s Android: An innovation creation by the late Professor that can replicate the abilities of the beings it comes in contact with. Each Night, it may choose one player to learn their role and abilities. On the nth Night, it may also use n/2 (rounded down) of the abilities it has learned. Not subject to any role restrictions, except Lex’s RID manipulate. If he replicates Superman, he gains his invulnerability and susceptibility to krytonite. Invincible for first Night and Day.

The Justice League:

Superman/Clark Kent: Somebody save me...well, that’s what he’s here for. Each Night, may choose one player to save. Cannot save himself and cannot be saved. Due to his Kryptonian physiology, he cannot be killed at Night without the aid of kryptonite. However, since studies have linked prolonged exposure to kryptonite to cancer, no one carries it around with them, hence an attacker must return to their secret HQ to retrieve it, and cannot perform any other Night action in addition to the kill.

Batman/Bruce Wayne: The only JL member without superpowers, he is arguably the strongest due to his intelligence, discipline, and inner strength. Each Night, he may submit an ordered list (1-4) of four players and four roles. He will learn how many of the players are correctly matched with their roles and how many players have roles that on that list but not matched with them (does not learn which ones). This action cannot be blocked, manipulated, or redirected.

Wonder Woman/Diana: Themysciran Princess with power second to no man. Each Night, may use her lasso of truth on any player to ask them one TRUE/FALSE question (PM’s question to host and host will answer TRUE/FALSE, the player themselves is not informed they were acted on; the question must be one the player would know the answer to).

Flash/Wally West: Fastest man on earth...and, as Hawkgirl likes to point out...single. Uses his super-speed to ferry messages b/w roles. Each Day he may choose two roles, one to send, one to receive and the next Night the sender will be informed they may send a message and to which role. The receiver will not be informed of the sender’s role.

Green Lantern/John Stewart: Using his power ring as an extension of his will, he may choose to do one of the following actions each Night, not the same two Nights in a row: save, block, redirect. Cannot die as long as Hawkgirl is alive. If Hawkgirl dies, also gains the ability to kill.

Hawkgirl/Shayera Hol: Her tongue being the only thing sharper than the spikes on her mace, this Thanagarian dynamo may target one player any Night to kill, but may not act two nights in a row. Knows the identity of Green Lantern.

Martian Manhunter/John Jones: Sole survivor of his species, he may use his telepathic abilities to delve into one player’s mind each Night and learn their target.

Aquaman/Arthur Curry: King of Atlantis and protector of the oceans, through his telepathic connection to various sea creatures, he may choose one player to watch and learn what players acted on them each Night.

Atom/Dr. Ray Palmer: Brilliant scientist who can shrink himself to the size of an atom and tweak forces on a molecular level to redirect one player’s actions each Night. Cannot target the same player two Nights in a row.

Booster Gold/Michael Jon Carter: A hero *cough* from the 25th century, he may choose to occupy one player each Night by pitching his merchandising ideas to them, preventing them from acting. The player will stop taking his calls for a while... (i.e. cannot target the same player two Nights in a row).

BrainIAC: Y-san

Roster:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

Back-ups:

1)

2)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be away untill the 27th of July (12 days time), so if it starts after then then I'm definitely in :D If it starts before I'm back, then just swap me with a back-up :D

Also... this looks awesome!! :D:lol: :lol:

Roster:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6) Brainiac100

7) Panther

8)

9) MikeD

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

Back-ups:

1)

2)

Roster:

1) Hirkala

2) marquessa

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

6) Brainiac100

7) Panther

8) Framm

9) MikeD

10)

11)

12)

13) Flamebirde

14)

15)

Back-ups:

1)

2)

God I love the series .. and yes .. Green Arrow is a must ;)

PS.. funny ... Brainiac 100 is playing a game hosted by BrainIAC - Ysan =))

Q: who's got the kryptonite ? from superman's role i understand that if the villains target superman to NK the player who carries out the NK cannot perform his own action that night .. right ? (if this is the case i would always use sinestro to carry out the NK untill another baddies is dead .. since he doesn't have a role until that time :-s )

Q: who's got the kryptonite ? from superman's role i understand that if the villains target superman to NK the player who carries out the NK cannot perform his own action that night .. right ? (if this is the case i would always use sinestro to carry out the NK untill another baddies is dead .. since he doesn't have a role until that time :-s )

*Incredulous look* what, you mean, not everyone has a stash of Y2Kryponite in their basements? :blink:;)

Any kill can use the kryptonite, including the indie.

A few clarifications/additions:

Lex Luthor: A mere man, yet he earns the title of Superman’s greatest adversary for his intellect, ambition, and powers of manipulation. Each Night, he may control the actions of one player if he is able to correctly identify their role. Subject to all role restrictions. The player he is manipulating is subject to block/redirection. If he manipulates a role that receives information, he receives the information as well. The player he is manipulating is not informed they were manipulated.

Superman/Clark Kent: Somebody save me...well, that’s what he’s here for. Each Night, may choose one player to save. Cannot save himself and cannot be saved. Due to his Kryptonian physiology, he cannot be killed at Night without the aid of kryptonite. However, since studies have linked prolonged exposure to kryptonite to cancer, no one carries it around with them, hence an attacker must return to their secret HQ to retrieve it, and cannot perform any other Night action in addition to the kill. Use of kryptonite must be specified with the kill, and cannot be used two Nights in a row.

Hawkgirl/Shayera Hol: Her tongue being the only thing sharper than the spikes on her Nth metal mace, this Thanagarian dynamo may target one player any Night to kill, but may not act two nights in a row. Knows the identity of Green Lantern. Is revealed when she dies.

Edit: Okay, does anyone know why it shows up normally when I copy/paste, but then it makes my text all bold when I click "Post"?

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Roster:

1) Hirkala

2) marquessa

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

6) Brainiac100

7) Panther

8) Framm

9) MikeD

10) nana77

11) LJ

12)

13) Flamebirde

14)

15)

Back-ups:

1)

2)

One for nana, and one for me.

Let's see how this goes.

Hmm, a chance to kill Superman? Sign me up!

Lol...I would have agreed with you...until they announced Henry Cavill was playing him in the new Man of Steel Movie... :wub:

Although, circumstances lately have made me come to understand how he feels not being able to tell the woman he loves who he really is :(.

Edit: Oh yeah, to what I was really wanting to post about...clarification: Amazo cannot be manipulated.

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Roster:

1) Hirkala

2) marquessa

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

6)

7) Panther

8) Framm

9) MikeD

10) nana77

11) LJ

12)

13) Flamebirde

14)

15)

Back-ups:

1) Brainiac100

2)

I'm not sure if we'll get started and finished by the time I leave for a week. :(

Roster:

1) Hirkala

2) marquessa

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

6)

7) Panther

8) Framm

9) MikeD

10) nana77

11) LJ

12)

13) Flamebirde

14)

15) benjer3

Back-ups:

1) Brainiac100

2)

Oh alright, I'll join. Though it may mean playing 4 games, hosting a non-mafia, and taking care of the MM wiki all at once. :P

Roster:

1) Hirkala

2) marquessa

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

6)

7) Panther

8) Framm

9) MikeD

10) nana77