BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

"A camera phone took the picture!" she was sure of it as she walked back into the room. As they huddled around the computer they were staring at the fuzzy picture displayed on the screen. The body of their friend was displayed in the picture, sprawled out in a very strange position. From the picture they could make out a small end table where he must have hit his head on his way to the ground. "Why did he fall?" They were trying to figure out the details of the picture, but were missing the point of the whole fact that someone had sent this picture to James' email. There was no return address on the email and from what they could tell, no way to trace the email.

The police were called and took a look at the picture they questioned the three people in the house where the email was received.

"It was my email account but I have no idea who would send me a pic like this." Suspect 1 stated in his questioning

"I took one look at the picture and I just knew it was a camera phone that took it." she was still shaking as she was trying to drink her herbal tea.

"I could see the end table and you can see it for yourself, the corner is messed up, and he had to have hit his head!" suspect 3 was insistent of what he saw.

As the police were wrapping up their questioning the front door opened and in walked the man from the picture.

"I just woke up on the floor, I have no idea what is going on."

Within the story you will find that there are four people involved, two police are at the house performing the questioning.

Was there a crime committed?

If a crime was committed, of the four people in the house, who committed a crime?

7 answers to this question

Could you please clarify this?

Suspect 1 is James (the email was sent to him, assuming James is a guy's name)

"I took one look at the picture and I just knew it was a camera phone that took it." she was still shaking as she was trying to drink her herbal tea.

is suspect 2? an unknown girl?

and suspect 3 is of course, suspect 3

the guy in picture should be charged with public drunkenness

Yes Suspect 2 is the unknown girl, sorry for not making that clear in the story

Whoever took the picture, knew James' email address.

Why would the email sender take such precaution as to hide themselves?

How was suspect 2 sure that it was a camera phone (everyone saw the pic was blurred)?

A little retrograde analysis shows:

James first opened the email and saw the picture . He then informed the other two friends. Hence it is James' house where everybody is at the momment.

Since suspect 2 made her herbal tea (not commonly found) and made it herself, it appears that she lives with James in the same house (hence probably James' mrs). Suspect 3 was informed about the incident and he went to the victim's (let's call him suspect 4) place and saw the scene himself. Then he went to James' house.

Now, why would the police come to James' house and not the place where suspect 4 was sprawled on floor?

I've fallen when I wasn't drunk and I've even knocked myself out on two occasions without chemical assistance.

As the photo was fuzzy how could the suspect 2 say that the corner of the table was messed up.

Maybe he was exaggerating or he was the one who has attempted to committed the crime.

They had a small disagreement the previous night and the war of words took a demonic form and the suspect 3 pounded the head of the man in the photo on the corner of the table . Fearing that his friend was dead , the suspect 3 hurriedly took a photo(photo was fuzzy) and sent it to James' e-mail address and made sure that the source could not be traced.That's the only way he could have observed that the table's corner was damaged in some way. :)

Hope I am correct.All my assumptions check true with the story.