BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Lord of Combat II

Molly Mae

Greetings and salutations, Ladies and Gentlemen.

If you are here, it is for a purpose! You have come to participate in the greatest challenge in the world! You have entered this arena to become the ultimate Lord of Combat!

I got way too excited for that.

If you participated in the last game, feel free to jump down to the section for Rule Changes. If this is your first game, here are the rules:

HP 10

STR 1

DEF 1

SPD 1

You have 5 points to spend before the first day. Every point in HP = 5 HP. Every point in any other stat = 1.

Higher HP means you have more maximum life and can regenerate lost health faster.

Higher STR means you hit more often and do more damage when you hit.

Higher DEF means you are hit less often and take less damage when you are hit.

Higher SPD means that you attack first more often and you attack more frequently.

When your HP is 0 or below, you die.

Days consist of 5 parts: Stat Placement, Buying, Equipping/Using, Fighting, Cleanup

Stat Placement: Permanently increase one stat of your choice.

Buying: You can purchase as many items as you can afford

Equipping/Using: You can equip/use items as necessary. You cannot change or use items in combat.

Fighting: You choose someone to attack. Using my super secret method, I'll determine the order of attacks and the damage done to each player.

Cleanup: Adjusting HP (who took damage, who's alive, how much life each player has). Collect coins. Living players regenerate life.

Note: I keep track of HP changes during combat and if a player reaches 0 HP in combat, he dies without finishing combat.

You begin with 5 coins. You gain 4 coins per day. If you eliminate a player, you loot their coins and items.

You can post in the main thread as much as you'd like. Feel free to openly strategise. Feel free to silently strategise.

The last player standing wins and is the Lord of Combat. There are no ties.

You can only wear 1 weapon, 1 armour, 1 shield, 1 pair of boots, 1 pair of gloves, 1 amulet, and 1 ring. You can carry as many items as you want.

You regenerate 1/5 of your Max HP per day after combat.

You can carry as many items as you want.

You can only perform each phase once per day and must do them in the order listed above.

If a player cannot attack because the opposition is dead, they only get 2 coins at the end of the day

All players begin the game with 5 stat points to distribute.

Each day thereafter, all players get one point to distribute.

Items can be sold back to the shop for 1/2 their purchase price

There will exist a series of secret trophies that can be earned. When a trophy is earned, it unlocks a special ability.

No more than one special ability may be used in a day.

You can only perform each phase once per day and must do them in the order listed above.

If a player cannot attack because the opposition is dead, they only get 2 coins at the end of the day

All players begin the game with 5 stat points to distribute.

Each day thereafter, all players get one point to distribute.

Items can be sold back to the shop for 1/2 their purchase price

There will exist a series of secret trophies that can be earned. When a trophy is earned, it unlocks a special ability.

No more than one special ability may be used in a day.

You regenerate 1/5 of your Max HP per day after combat.

There are nine trophies/special abilities that I've come up with for this round. It might be posted when someone wins one if people sign up and want them to be posted. If it is posted, I will only post the name of the trophy--never who won it or how they won it.

There is no limit to the number of people. Sign up if you want to play.

Edited by Molly Mae

Just to check, does putting a point into HP increase it by 5 and heal by 5? ie. 1pt into HP would put me at 15/15, not 10/15?

Correct. The same is true of the Ring of Health.

Also: If anyone has any ideas for items, feel free to throw them my way.

Edited by Molly Mae

Bring it on Panther, I need some more fur coats! :lol: :lol:

I only 'problem' I felt was at the end of the game when there were only two of us left. (I don't know how Panther feels.) It just took too long, and doing the same thing over and over. (Attack Panther:)) Maybe when it reaches the last two stop all health regeneration. Maybe it will be different this time with the other rule changes.

• Upvote 1

Talking of items, where's the shop? You forget to include it, or are you waiting for suggestions? :)

Right!

Here's the list of items (cost is in parentheses):

Healing Potion (5) Heals 5 HP

High Healing Potion (10) Heals 15 HP

Strength Potion (10) Adds 2 STR for one day

Potion of Haste (20) Doubles SPD for one day

Short Sword (8) Adds 1 STR

Long Sword (20) Adds 2 STR

Whip (12) Adds 1 STR and 1 SPD

Buckler (7) Adds 1 DEF

Full Shield (18) Adds 2 DEF

Armour (15) Adds 2 DEF

Full-Plate (20) Adds 3 DEF, reduces SPD by 1

Bladed Boots (10) Adds 1 STR

Winged Boots (12) Adds 1 SPD

Iron Boots (9) Adds 1 DEF

Thief's Gloves (30) Gain x2 coins per day

Amulet of the Eye (30) Grants 3 points to be distributed by the wearer

Ring of Health (15) HP +15

Ring of Influence (20) Items in the Market cost half their normal value.

Bring it on Panther, I need some more fur coats! :lol: :lol:

I only 'problem' I felt was at the end of the game when there were only two of us left. (I don't know how Panther feels.) It just took too long, and doing the same thing over and over. (Attack Panther:)) Maybe when it reaches the last two stop all health regeneration. Maybe it will be different this time with the other rule changes.

I think that was kind of a special case. Regeneration will remain in place, but likely won't be as high. I don't think the same end-game situation will happen.

Edited by Molly Mae