BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Villager, Villager, Mafia Signups

Yoruichi-san

Disclaimer: This is highly experimental. In fact, it may be best defined as a game theoretical experiment. So I can tell myself I'm doing this for the sake of science ;P.

The game:

Unlike regular forum mafia, instead of one of every role, there will be three of every role (with one exception). One out of the three of every role is mafia. The catch is that they don't know it.

There is one unique role, the Instigator, who starts the game as mafia and is aware of it. Every Night he will chose a player to approach and if the player is mafia, they will 'awaken' and gain BTSC with the Instigator. The Instigator's vote has 0 weight. If the Instigator dies, a living mafia member will be chosen at random to awaken and take over the instigating.

Villagers win if all the mafia are dead and mafia wins if all the villagers are dead (even if they don't realize it).

For this 'trial' I'm going to use 4 roles for a total of 13 players. They will be Spy, Save, Block, and Kill. Blocks, successful saves, and kills will be shown in the Night Post. Block on block will result in a canceling out of actions and will not be shown. And the posts will be simpler than my usual...there won't be any elaborate storyline culminating in being jetisoned into outer space along with the past self of your future mother...*whistling*

PI: Y-san

Roster:

Backups:

Roster:

1. Hirkala

10. Aaryan

Backups:

As a huge fan of experimental games (see MM for evidence! :D ) I absolutely MUST join this!

EDIT: I am a fan of more than one experimental game.

Edited by Hirkala

Roster:

1. Hirkala

10. Aaryan

13. MiKi

Backups:

Hell yeah, I'm signing up for this. XD Mafia has been pretty slow for me lately, cuz there aren't any small or simple games on MM atm, and I need a game that won't take up too much time. :(

Please add me to the list and I assume that spies receive a Mafia/villager report correct?

I was considering that factor, and it'd be interesting to see its effect on the game, but for this 'trial', no, spies will not reveal faction information, but lynches will.

Roster:

1. Hirkala

2. Framm 18

3. MikeD

10. Aaryan

13. MiKi

Backups:

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship ;P.

:lol::thumbsup:

Agreed! I just finished a 4 faction game called Cut-Throat Mafia. 4 factions of 4 players, each with their own WinCon - outlive 4 specific players while 3 remained alive. One of the players that each needed dead was a player in their own BTSC (which everyone started with!) It made things very interesting! :lol:

:lol::thumbsup:

Agreed! I just finished a 4 faction game called Cut-Throat Mafia. 4 factions of 4 players, each with their own WinCon - outlive 4 specific players while 3 remained alive. One of the players that each needed dead was a player in their own BTSC (which everyone started with!) It made things very interesting! :lol:

Nice. I love creating intra-faction tension ;). I made a game based on Camelot once, where every role had a secret win condition in addition to the regular mafia/innocent faction win condition that was worth more on, like, a points system I had developed, and was somewhat detrimental to their faction win condition. But then Mordrid of the shifty eyes had to go ruin my fun by organizing the mafia into one big happy family that gave up on their secret wincons and they won easily since the innocents were mostly still stabbing each other in the back. Oh...the irony...;P

It was definitely interesting though. And this should be too. But first we need more guinea pigs *cough* I mean players...

But then Mordrid of the shifty eyes had to go ruin my fun by organizing the mafia into one big happy family that gave up on their secret wincons and they won easily since the innocents were mostly still stabbing each other in the back. Oh...the irony...;P

Sounds like the civilian group in Cut-Throat. :whistle: O:)

@brainy: no, I'm a goodie...I better be...:angry::P

She will still scream that... She will scream that as she is led to the gallows, hung by the neck until dead and revealed to be a Baddie... That's just EDM... :lol:

Hey, it's easy to tell when I'm a baddie...:P

Besides, Once a goodie, always a goodie...:P

*oh, & I don't scream...I shriek...;)

GO GOODIES!!! :D :D :D

Roster:

1. Hirkala

2. Framm 18

3. MikeD

4. EDM :D

5. Flamebirde

7. Panther

9. ShadowAngel

10. Aaryan

12.Yodell

13. MiKi

Backups:

Can I join? Haven't been playin' Mafia for a while now but it sounds like a lot of fun. ^_^

And a game-related question : does the Instigator have NK on his own , even if he/she did not find any mafia yet ?

• Upvote 1

can you decide not to act? e.g. it's night 1 and you're a kill role.

Yes.

What info do spies receive, if not a mafia/innocent result, then?

What role a player is. Which could still come in handy at least for finding out who the instigator(?) Is.

Yes, and there's the logical aspect, since exactly 1 in 3 of the role is mafia. But I don't want to go into that too much at the moment, as it starts delving into possible strategies ;P.