BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cow

rookie1ja

Cow - Back to the Matchstick Puzzles

This cow has the following parts: head, body, horns, legs and tail. It is looking to the left. Move two matches so that it is looking to the right.

post-2-1175351856_thumbgif

This old topic is locked since it was answered many times. You can check solution in the Spoiler below.

Pls visit New Puzzles section to see always fresh brain teasers.

Cow - solution

post-2-1175351876_thumbgif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-216-1179132239_thumbgif

I think this would also work..! jus move 1 stick and reverse the image (rotate it to 180 degree.)

post-216-1179132624_thumbgif

now the cow is looking opposite direction to the direction it was looking before

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I doubt I would have ever gotten this answer on my own, but I thought it was a pretty good puzzle. Think about the cow more in three dimensions than two. Now imagine she is aligned so that her tail is further away from you than her head. So, then in the first picture, she has her head turned and is looking towards your left. In the second picture, she simply turns her head the other way and is now looking towards your right. In two dimensions you think of the cow as facing left and try to solve the puzzle by making her face right, but that is the twist in the puzzle.

• 2 weeks later...
I think this would also work..! jus move 1 stick and reverse the image (rotate it to 180 degree.)

now the cow is looking opposite direction to the direction it was looking before

This is how I did it as well. You move one stick and then rotate the picture 180. It fits with the usual rules of these logic puzzles and you get the same picture just looking right instead of left.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

I instantly thought that the answer was to move the two head matches, but then thought, No, that CAN'T be right it's too easy! Ha Ha jokes on me!

lori

:-} smile, it makes people wonder what you're up too ;-}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i see one problem, cows don't have horns. therefore you're all wrong

(my first post)

A horn is a hollow, pointed projection of the skin of various animals, consisting mainly of keratin as well as other proteins. True horns are found only among the ruminant artiodactyls, in the families Antilocapridae (pronghorn) and Bovidae (cows, buffalo, yaks, goats, antelope etc.). Those animals have one or two pairs of horns, which usually have a spiral shape.

Cows have horns.

Most female dairy cows have their horns removed for their own safety and ease of management during milking. Very few naturally are hornless (known as polled cattle), which comes from a recessive gene, therefore fairly rare.

• 3 weeks later...

At first I though it was a trick question because I thought only bulls have horns and cows do not. But I learned that cows can have horns. And I didnt even bother trying to figure out the puzzle because I thought it was a trick!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was so simple it made me laugh when I looked at the spoiler (hehe). I was looking for a way to make the whole cow move around so that its whole body was facing the other way, but it was actually much more simple than that!

Also, could somebody tell me how to get those signatures? I WANT ONE!

XD

• 2 months later...