BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Murder in the kitchen

Question

14 answers to this question

1. This is my 100th post - I am now an "Advanced Member". Yay!

2. I worry about this puzzle ever being completely resolved because the OP author is a two-timer (it's a joke - written a total of two posts to date).

3. Important question ... Is the word "murder" to be taken seriously? Murder is defined as the taking of a HUMAN life by another HUMAN.

If the word "murder" is taken very loosely, and if the meaning of the third line is simply that the detective is a school-aged child who then went to school after having found the suspect, then my solution is... a goldfish bowl was knocked off a kitchen table, killing the occupant goldfish, by a cat. The child finds the culprit cat, scolds it, and goes to school.

What exactly is meant by the phrase "yet the detective was a child who went to school"?

• The detective was a school-age child
  • The detective was a child AND had already made the trip to his/her school before he/she found the suspect
  • The detective was a child, the detective found the suspect as noted in the previous statement, and THEN went to school

Edited by Smith

1. This is my 100th post - I am now an "Advanced Member". Yay!

2. I worry about this puzzle ever being completely resolved because the OP author is a two-timer (it's a joke - written a total of two posts to date).

3. Important question ... Is the word "murder" to be taken seriously? Murder is defined as the taking of a HUMAN life by another HUMAN.

If the word "murder" is taken very loosely, and if the meaning of the third line is simply that the detective is a school-aged child who then went to school after having found the suspect, then my solution is... a goldfish bowl was knocked off a kitchen table, killing the occupant goldfish, by a cat. The child finds the culprit cat, scolds it, and goes to school.

What exactly is meant by the phrase "yet the detective was a child who went to school"?

• The detective was a school-age child
  • The detective was a child AND had already made the trip to his/her school before he/she found the suspect
  • The detective was a child, the detective found the suspect as noted in the previous statement, and THEN went to school

Wellsaid ..! But a mature person is also called a 'child' by his parent or by a Father in the Church. the person may be going to school to teach the students there..!

Although these types of puzzles may remain unsolved but I think they also test our imagination power. Also sometimes ...give lighter moments..! :wub:

all of us were children once and all of us (mostly) went to school, so obviously  a detective once went to school and was a child.(note* not IS a child who GOES to school. its WAS a child who WENT to school)