BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Who would you shoot?

Question

12 answers to this question

A guess

My first should I wouldn't shoot at anyone.

Statistically I'm the poorest shot, and therefore the least threat.

if by chance I do kill one, then I become the largest threat for the remaining person, and have a high chance of death.

If I miss my first shot, then my hope is that they would shoot at each other, giving me a chance to fire a shot as a 1v1.

If the second shooter also missed, the third should shoot the second (largest threat).

So I would like to shoot first, but miss my target.

If that is not allowed, then I would fire at Mr. White

Mr. Black should shoot at nobody (shoot into the air). It is now Mr. Gray's turn. Mr. Gray would be better off shooting at Mr. White than Mr. Black, because he is better. If Mr. Gray kills Mr. White, it is just Mr. Black and Mr. Gray left, giving Mr. Black a fair chance of winning. If Mr. Gray does not kill Mr. White, it is Mr. White's turn. He would rather shoot at Mr. Gray and will definitely kill him. Even though it is now Mr. Black against Mr. White, Mr. Black has a better chance of winning than had he shot at one of the other two men first.

Assuming that Mr. Black always gets one shot right and Mr. Gray always two right,then there are nine combinations possible.Logically,out of these nine combinations,4 will increase chances of survival if the first shot is a miss.Thus, missing the shot(either by chance or deliberately is the best option).

Anyhow... Mr White kills Mr Gray when chance given. So In any case Mr Black will be killed by 5th shot.

1st shot : Mr Black ------> Mr Gray OR Mr White (all alive)

2nd: Mr Gray -------> Mr White OR Mr Black (all alive)

3rd : Mr White -------> He will definitely kill Mr Gray else Mr.Gray will kill him @ next turn (Mr Gray killed)

4th : Mr Black -------> Mr White (not killed)

5th : Mr White -------> Mr Black (killed)

But still Mr Black should shoot Mr Gray first.

bcoz if Mr White is fool person, he may kill Mr Black once he will get a chance.

No where it states how fast the shooters are and how much ammo is available. Technically, if the trigger happy Mr. Black is able to fore 6 shots before even Mr. Grey or Mr. Black can say Jack, then I'd shoot at any of them.

first game theory:

(W) he knows everyone else will be gunning for him, and will shoot (G) first, because he's the biggest threat

(G) (if he's smart) knows this, and absolutely won't want it to come to that, so will shoot (W) first

(B) knows he won't be a target until it comes down to a duel, not truel

next building a long probability tree based on the assumption of (W) and (G)'s behaviors:

<skip loads of math, which i hope i did right>

P(B wins, given that he started by trying to shoot W) = 50/189

P(B wins, given that he started by trying to shoot B) = 59/189

P(B wins, given that he started by choosing to miss, then shooting W (if he survives round 1)) = 75/189

Rationale:

B's likelyhood of suviving is decreased dramatically if he finds himself in a duel, but shooting second, since he's a far worse shooter than the other two. As such, his best hope is to refrain. Why? If he lets G aim for W and G kills W, B starts the final duel with G himself, if G misses, W will kill him, leaving B to start the final duel with W himself. The trick is to get B to start the final duel, and this method ensures that.

Edited by ddb750

No where it states how fast the shooters are and how much ammo is available. Technically, if the trigger happy Mr. Black is able to fore 6 shots before even Mr. Grey or Mr. Black can say Jack, then I'd shoot at any of them.

Except they each take turns firing one shot each.

mr black shoots away from everyone else. This is because if you killed mr grey, mr white will kill you and if you killed mr white, u don't stand much of a chance against mr grey. Then mr grey shoots at mr white (as he is the biggest threat). If mr white is killed, it is your turn vs mr grey. If mr white isn't killed, he WILL kill mr grey and then you have a 1/3 chance.

• 1st shot (mr black delibatately misses)
  • 2nd shot (mr grey shoots mr white)
  • Hit: (2/3 chance)
  • 3rd+ shots (you & mr gray keep on shooting at each other untill 1 dies (cannot calculate chance of survival - can someone else do that?))
  • Miss: (1/3 chance)
  • 3rd shot (mr white kills mr grey)
  • 4th shot (you shoot mr white)
  • Hit: (1/3 chance)
  • YOU WIN! (1/9 chance altogether)
  • Miss: (2/3 chance)
  • 5th shot (mr white kills you)
  • You are DEAD! (1/6 chance altogether)

Chance of surviving: 1/9 + ?