BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Can you deceive the witch?

Question

11 answers to this question

Several possible solutions

First: He put 11 pounds in the first bag, 3 pounds in the second, and 2 pounds in the third. He then placed the third bag in the second, and the second in the first.

Second: He simply moved the gold around from one bag to another.

I'd assume that the first is a better answer to the riddle.

however couldnt think of anything related to Hint

The only thing I can think of related to weight/gravity would be:

G forces. If you were to swing the bag violently it would feel as though the weight inside is heavier than it actually is.

SORRY but I can't understand that why did witch accused garry when he had only 10 percent of 16 pounds which if saw according to the statements of the bag individually it was less than what he deserved i.e.(10/100 x (16+5+2))

thankful if anyone helps ^_^

SORRY but I can't understand that why did witch accused garry when he had only 10 percent of 16 pounds which if saw according to the statements of the bag individually it was less than what he deserved i.e.(10/100 x (16+5+2))

thankful if anyone helps ^_^

The why isn't really important

I feel obliged to defend the honor of witches. Here is what happened, and why the Witch reasonably objected:

The man turned in 14.4 pounds of gold and kept 1.6 pounds - though the Witch had no way of knowing how much he really kept. The Witch was satisfied at first, until she consulted the bags.

"What? The total was (16 + 5 + 2), or 23 pounds? Then I was owed 20.7 pounds! He must have given me 14.4 pounds, pretended to only keep 1.6 pounds, and kept the other 7 pounds hidden somewhere to retrieve later! A cheat!"

Of course, the man had simply nested the bags inside each other.