BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM-X (Trainer Manual Mafia-X)

MissKitten

So this starts today, most likely ends Friday night. Days end 8:00 PM CST, nights end 5:00 PM CST, with night posts up by 8:00 PM CST.

The princess sighed and leaned forward to look out the window. She had somehow been trapped again by the ogre. She was stuck in a high tower with no stairs, no doors, nothing, waiting and waiting for a prince to come save her. She started rebraiding her long hair to waste time, but stopped when she saw her friend the sparrow flying towards her. He alighted on her outstretched finger and chirped. "Well, hello there!" she said cheerfully. "And how was your day?"

~~~~~

The unicorn trotted through the trees surrounding the tower, protecting the princess from the any and all who might want to harm her. Though he answered to no one but himself, the princess had saved his life once when her father, the king, was hunting him. He would forever be in her debt, and tried to pay some of this off by returning the favor and protecting her.

~~~~~

The witch looked into her cauldron, sighing as she saw her husband up to no good again. Using her mystical powers, she put a spell on him that would block his magic for a few days. She then got up and started to create some potions, all the while waiting for her good friend, the fairy. As the fairy flew in, the witch got out a potion for her. "Here, it's that shape-shifting potion you wanted," she said, and turned back to her work.

~~~~~

The troll stood at a bridge, grinning widely, every one of his rotted yellow teeth on display. He had an entire arsenal of confusing riddles for any travelers foolish or brave enough to cross his bridge. Unnfortunately, he was disappointed. Instead of braving his riddles, all the travelers he saw fled at the the sight of him, looking for another way to get where they were going.

~~~~~

The dragon was curled in his cave, biding his time. He was getting old, and wanted to feel the thrill of raiding once more before his death. Making a decision, he struggled to his feet, then flew out of the cave, looking for some tasty-looking victims.

Goodies- [WINCON=Kill the Indy and the Baddies]

Princess: She is always being trapped in a tower of some sort, and this gets lonely, so she uses her charm and beauty to ensnare anyone she sees into spending the night talking to her. (block)

Prince: Always a hero, the prince is constantly trying to rescue the princess. (save)

Unicorn: A very independent creature but loyal to the princess, the unicorn gets ticked off easily and is prone to running things through with his horn. (kill)

Witch: Trying to make up for her evil husband, the witch can use her to confuse the princess's enemies. (redirect)

Fairy: Full of magic as she is, the fairy can transform herself into whosoever she chooses. (role copy)

Sparrow: The sparrow is the princess's very best friend and tells her everything. With his amazing ability to fly high above the world, the sparrow can see everything. (role spy)

Baddies- Have NK and BTSC [WINCON=Be in the majority]

Troll: The troll is the essentially the tollbooth to the passageways through the kingdom. He has confusing riddles that you must answer correctly in order to pass. Rather than try to answer his riddles incorrectly and be eaten, most travelers opt to go a different route. (redirect)

Ogre: The princess will make a tasty treat, so the ogre has trapped her in a tower for later. He has extra towers at his disposal for anyone else who displeases him. (trap)

Indy- [WINCON=Bring about the death of the Princess. If she dies at another's hand, bring about the death of the Prince. If he dies as well, bring about the death of the Unicorn. Must be the one to kill the target.[

Dragon: The dragon is getting closer and closer to death, and wants to feel the thrill of the kill one more time. However, he can feel his creaky bones, and if he feels like there's danger in the air, he will give up the thrill in order for the prtection of his cave. (RID kill; can trade this kill for immunity against any and all actions whenever he so chooses. Will protect him only for the night, and can still be lynched. If spied under immunity, he will show up as a random living goodie.)

Host: MiKi

Cohost: Nana7

1. Flamebride

2. TheChad

3. SMV

4. mew

5. Roy-chan (hotthnfire)

6. Ravyn

7. Fat Tony

8. Hidden G

9. Slick

10. marhart14

Mentors:

1. Auramyna

2. Thalia

Backups:

1. smoth333

2. tolecnal?

3. mboon

Roles and such will be out later today, possibly within the next hour, even.

Also:

-OOP: block>RID Kill>save>kill>trap>redirect>spy

Basically means that all actions go through unless acted upon by another action. Then I follow OOP.

-DRAGON IMMUNITY TRUMPS EVERYTHING.

-Dragon RID can be blocked, but not saved.

-Kills are blocking. So if A kills B, and B kills C, B will die and C will not be killed.

-Baddie NK is a KILL and will be treated as such.

-Only spies who were redirected will be told so.

-For lynch ties: D1 tie means no one dies, after that is individual coin toss as to who dies.

-Spies and redirects do not show up in the NP.

-If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me or nana. :)

I think that's all. Let TMM-X begin! :P

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. MiKi obviously can't count. :blush: Upon looking through her mafia, she found she only has 9 roles, but 10 players. Therefore, I'm kicking the most experienced person off the list. And I believe that would be slick. Sorry, slick. :( I think that's the only mistake I have made, so that's cool. As for slick, do you want to be a backup or mentor?

So, new roster:

1. Flamebirde

2. slick

3. SMV

4. mew

5. Roy-chan (hotthnfire)

6. Ravyn

7. Fat Tony

8. Hidden G

9. marhart14

Mentors:

1. Auramyna

2. Thalia

Backups:

1. smoth333

2. tolecnal?

3. mboon

Edited by MissKitten

:duh: Gah! Yeah, you can tell it's been a while since I hosted a game. No, NK can't be blocked. But you can save the target. That's what I meant. I guess I forgot the block, though. :blush: Sorry. Also, if anybody else [Nana!] sees any errors, please do correct me ASAP. I really don't want to screw this up like I did Sherlock Holmes.

Okay, since MiKi obviously is feeling the stress of finals, she has decided to restart the thread. This is now officially the OP. Ignore the first one. I do believe I've fixed my mistakes, but I'll get Aura to give me feedback or something. This starts today, with N1 most likely ending Friday night. Days end 8:00 PM CST, nights end 5:00 PM CST, with night posts up by 8:00 PM CST.

The princess sighed and leaned forward to look out the window. She had somehow been trapped again by the ogre. She was stuck in a high tower with no stairs, no doors, nothing, waiting and waiting for a prince to come save her. She started rebraiding her long hair to waste time, but stopped when she saw her friend the sparrow flying towards her. He alighted on her outstretched finger and chirped. "Well, hello there!" she said cheerfully. "And how was your day?"

~~~~~

The unicorn trotted through the trees surrounding the tower, protecting the princess from the any and all who might want to harm her. Though he answered to no one but himself, the princess had saved his life once when her father, the king, was hunting him. He would forever be in her debt, and tried to pay some of this off by returning the favor and protecting her.

~~~~~

The witch looked into her cauldron, sighing as she saw her husband up to no good again. Using her mystical powers, she put a spell on him that would block his magic for a few days. She then got up and started to create some potions, all the while waiting for her good friend, the fairy. As the fairy flew in, the witch got out a potion for her. "Here, it's that shape-shifting potion you wanted," she said, and turned back to her work.

~~~~~

The troll stood at a bridge, grinning widely, every one of his rotted yellow teeth on display. He had an entire arsenal of confusing riddles for any travelers foolish or brave enough to cross his bridge. Unnfortunately, he was disappointed. Instead of braving his riddles, all the travelers he saw fled at the the sight of him, looking for another way to get where they were going.

~~~~~

The dragon was curled in his cave, biding his time. He was getting old, and wanted to feel the thrill of raiding once more before his death. Making a decision, he struggled to his feet, then flew out of the cave, looking for some tasty-looking victims.

Goodies- [WINCON=Kill the Indy and the Baddies]

Princess: She is always being trapped in a tower of some sort, and this gets lonely, so she uses her charm and beauty to ensnare anyone she sees into spending the night talking to her. (block)

Prince: Always a hero, the prince is constantly trying to rescue the princess. (save)

Unicorn: A very independent creature but loyal to the princess, the unicorn gets ticked off easily and is prone to running things through with his horn. (kill)

Witch: Trying to make up for her evil husband, the witch can use her to confuse the princess's enemies. (redirect)

Fairy: Full of magic as she is, the fairy can transform herself into whosoever she chooses. (role copy)

Sparrow: The sparrow is the princess's very best friend and tells her everything. With his amazing ability to fly high above the world, the sparrow can see everything. (role spy)

Baddies- Have NK and BTSC [WINCON=Be in the majority]

Troll: The troll is the essentially the tollbooth to the passageways through the kingdom. He has confusing riddles that you must answer correctly in order to pass. Rather than try to answer his riddles incorrectly and be eaten, most travelers opt to go a different route. (redirect)

Ogre: The princess will make a tasty treat, so the ogre has trapped her in a tower for later. He has extra towers at his disposal for anyone else who displeases him. (trap)

Indy- [WINCON=Bring about the death of the Princess. If she dies at another's hand, bring about the death of the Prince. If he dies as well, bring about the death of the Unicorn. Must be the one to kill the target.[

Dragon: The dragon is getting closer and closer to death, and wants to feel the thrill of the kill one more time. However, he can feel his creaky bones, and if he feels like there's danger in the air, he will give up the thrill in order for the prtection of his cave. (RID kill; can trade this kill for immunity against any and all actions whenever he so chooses. Will protect him only for the night, and can still be lynched. If spied under immunity, he will show up as a random living goodie.)

1. Flamebride

2. TheChad

3. SMV

4. mew

5. Roy-chan (hotthnfire)

6. Ravyn

7. Fat Tony

8. Hidden G

9. marhart14

Mentors:

1. Auramyna

2. Thalia

3. Slickster

Backups:

1. smoth333

2. tolecnal?

3. mboon

Roles are out, please confirm. :)

Also:

-OOP: block>RID Kill>save>kill>trap>redirect>spy

Basically means that all actions go through unless acted upon by another action. Then I follow OOP.

-DRAGON IMMUNITY TRUMPS EVERYTHING.

-Dragon RID can be blocked, but not saved.

-Kills are blocking. So if A kills B, and B kills C, B will die and C will not be killed.

-Baddie NK is a can be saved, but not blocked.

-Only spies who were redirected will be told so.

-For lynch ties: D1 tie means no one dies, after that is individual coin toss as to who dies.

-Spies and redirects do not show up in the NP. So blocks, kills, saves [unused ones included], and traps DO show up.

-If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me or nana. :)

I think that's all. Let TMM-X begin! :P

Edited by MissKitten

Where were we? Ah yes.... Continuing my feud in the signup thread: now HG we'll see let's see who's the baddie here

there's a 70% chance that each one of us is a goodie, 20% baddie and 10% indie, now, before you say anything I have a question for you: Why should I believe anything you say?

Questions for the host:

If the dragon kills the unicorn first, then both the prince and princess die at the hands of lynches or baddies, does the dragon win then?

If the dragon fails then decides to kill everyone then the dragon is the last one standing, is it a win or draw?

If the dragon manages to kill the princess N1, is it just game over?

Where were we? Ah yes.... Continuing my feud in the signup thread: now HG we'll see let's see who's the baddie here

there's a 70% chance that each one of us is a goodie, 20% baddie and 10% indie, now, before you say anything I have a question for you: Why should I believe anything you say?

Questions for the host:

1 If the dragon kills the unicorn first, then both the prince and princess die at the hands of lynches or baddies, does the dragon win then?

2 If the dragon fails then decides to kill everyone then the dragon is the last one standing, is it a win or draw?

3 If the dragon manages to kill the princess N1, is it just game over?

1 yes

2 I would say dragon wins. That, or dragon is mod killed if the last of the dragon's targets die? Miki's call on that one.

3 yes (but maybe game could play on for 2nd place?)

@mew Yes for 1, win for 2, yes for 3. Although, if it happens that early, then yes, game will probably continue on for second place. Also, for dragon, if all three targets die at hands of another, then he basically can't win. He will still continue playing, he just won't be able to achieve his WINCON.

@ Host

-For lynch ties: D1 tie means no one dies, after that is individual coin toss as to who dies. :(

Does this mean each player gets their own toss, so lynch can be both die, either one, or none dies? :thumbsup:

@ Hosts : When we send our actions in, do we send them to MissKitten or Nana7 or BOTH? :unsure:

Your role PM should be a group PM that includes both hosts and you. All of your actions should be posted as replies to that PM. If you look at the upper left part of the PM page, you should see both Nana and MiKi there.

Mew asked a lot of questions about the dragon.

Is he the dragon?

Or is he being just overly analytical like last game?

none, one, or both that's up to you to figure out. BTW 11.1% chance I'm the dragon ,to you, since you know your own role then 12.5% unless you're the dragon then it's a 0% chance. (So don't try to throw your identity to me, dragon :angry:, JK)

Besides didn't you realize being overly analytical is just my style of play, and implies nothing about my role or faction.(Although I did hint my role once in TMMIX hidden in one of my deductions).