BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I believe that human brain exercises its processes at quantum levels where it encounters the heap of un-certainties and then collapses into human mind which works as the most mysterious and self referential entity. I have soon discovered a serious paradox / facts about the existence of human selfness. All of you know that a person, when given anesthesia, is surely dead in this duration (means his self is not in existence and so he, himself, is no where). However the fact is that he has been died for ever (for himself only) because the human self exists as self referential and when reference is out the self is also out and no way remains behind to retrieve the original self or original reference when the existence of self is once discontinued. However we see the true copy of the same person (having absolutely new self) after anesthesia is gone. We don’t bother because we are always unable to perceive the one’s self and decide whether some one’s self is original or the true copy of original self. It must be remembered that two human selves which are true copies of each other are the same for others but never same for each other. If all this is not true, every one should agree to be killed (of course painlessly) with the assurance of his reconstruction any where else using the virgin material, exactly similar as he exists presently. Not agreed to be killed, so agree with my theory. Simply if I have my true copy, he will be another personality for me but we both are exactly same personalities for others. This difference is because of self reference conditions which if discontinued once; the original self is gone for ever. So avoid anesthesia, senselessness due to any reason. Don’t worry your self is not discontinued when you are sleeping.

3 answers to this question

If all this is not true, every one should agree to be killed (of course painlessly) with the assurance of his reconstruction any where else using the virgin material, exactly similar as he exists presently.

If P -> Q does not mean If Q -> P.

I don't really know where you derive the conclusion that people are "reconstructed elsewhere" when they die....