BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

11 answers to this question

There's many newbies around here. Please use spoilers, even if the answer seems very obvious.

As for my answer, I'm going to go with:

X is the set of all numbers equal to -3

Perhaps the question wasn't well-phrased.

Given is X={a,b,c...x,y,z} (X equals the subset a-z)

IF X+9=6

THEN X=S

You See X + (the roman numeral for 9) IX = SIX Therefore X = S

Tricky!!!

Edited by princecharmthings

for some reason, I am having trouble opening spoilers!  I can't even open the one I posted.  Any suggestions?

Never mind...I switched themes and it seems to be working. Thanks anyway! I am eager to hear if my answer to the riddle was correct! I feel sure I am finally the first one to get the correct answer! Please let me know ASAP!!!! Thanks!

Never mind...I switched themes and it seems to be working.  Thanks anyway!  I am eager to hear if my answer to the riddle was correct!  I feel sure I am finally the first one to get the correct answer!  Please let me know ASAP!!!!  Thanks!

Can anyone help me? If I "Change Theme" to "Mobile" I can open the Spoilers but if I try to Add Reply on that theme, it won't let me use "Spoilers!" But, if I take it off of Mobile, I can't open the Spoilers to read them! Do I need to load some Add-on to Chrome or something? If anyone has had this problem and found an answer, please share your secret! This is getting so frustrating, having to switch back and forth, back and forth! Please HELP!!!

Can anyone help me? If I "Change Theme" to "Mobile" I can open the Spoilers but if I try to Add Reply on that theme, it won't let me use "Spoilers!" But, if I take it off of Mobile, I can't open the Spoilers to read them! Do I need to load some Add-on to Chrome or something? If anyone has had this problem and found an answer, please share your secret! This is getting so frustrating, having to switch back and forth, back and forth! Please HELP!!!

To do decent trouble shooting, need to know device, platform etc. Based on assumption of PC running later versions of Windows, I would suggest using a different browser. Chrome is a stripped down browser designed more for minimum memory usage which does omit some functionality. I normally use Mozilla's Firefox, have tried others and currently have Chrome installed but rarely use it and didn't setup any themes. If switching browsers is not acceptable and you are using PC running windows, I will experiment more with Chrome and see if I can find you an answer.

For this response to see if everything works for me

Thank you, thoughtfulfellow! You have lived up to your name! You were right, when I log on with Firefox I have no problem at all, while Chrome suddenly quit working on this site! I have used Chrome, exclusively, for the past six months or more! I had never even been to this site with any other browser...so, since this problem just started, they must have done something to change Chrome!

Oh, well! I appreciate all your help! I guess I will have to go back to Firefox! Thanks you!!! You are a very thoughtful fellow!