BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Desktop Mafia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could sign up, Hidden.O_o If people can sign up for the other Mafias, no reason why they can't sign up for this one.

anything i'm about to write is not meant to offend ANYONE.

first : in my posts above i didn't talk about me wanting to sign up!

second : i didn't sign up for any mafia going on cz i don't have time,so it's not this particular mafia i don't want to sign up for.cz there's TMM and CoR and Klue's one too.

third: i just asked about the spoilers issues .

Edit: i can't force people to sign up for any mafia,they can do what they want .(not talking about self,cz if i see that i have time to play,this is the first mafia i'll sign up for.

Edited by Hidden G

Just because we are not available to play doesn't mean we aren't interested in mafia. I'm asking questions because if I'm unsure I figure at least one other person might be too and because I'm interested in the game development side. Always looking for ideas that might be interesting to think about.

This game is perfectly small enough, and I'm not making another Mafia. I designed this one yesterday especially for this, and now I'm being asked to make another? No.

Yeah, and I was wondering how come I see a mafia directly in the sign-up phase? :blink:

Sak-C, just to avoid a clutter and confusion where multiple games are going on in parallel and have overlaps, we have something called as Mafia queue. You'll find the link on top sticky thread of this forum.

Here are the stages for all (small: >11, medium: 12-16, large: 17<) games:

1. Conceptualization

2. Design

3. Discussion & necessary changes

4. Sign-up

5. Play

Now, if you have familiarized yourself with various questions that people ask here; and your game is small and very similar to other games being played, you can move directly to stage 3. But, not to stage 4.

Moreover, you may remember that I had asked for your permission to post sign-ups only coz there was a potential window available. But, my game had already completed stage 3 then. It is there in the queue in its proper place.

Now, if you suddenly pull a game out of the blue, there are bound to be questions. So, please encourage a healthy discussion on your game's design. And, when multiple people acknowledge that they understand the game and find it fairly balanced, only then put it for sign-up.

Again, aforementioned is what is generally followed here, and you are free to deviate. But, please understand that any deviation alerts people, and that's where most of the questions come from.

Edited by KlueMaster

I believe he was mentioning that although it was meant to replace Death Note, there wasn't a review for it.

Ah, I took it as a critique of this game's presence at all.

But, enough on that.

Edited by Shadow7

-.- Enough. I just want people to sign up. Why even ask questions if you're not going to?

Let's make a deal (because I'm a meet-in-the-middle kinda guy).

I'll sign-up and play this game (and not do anything outside the realm of the rules). In return, I get to ask questions about the mechanics of the game and get straight answer without you saying that I'm attacking you.

I will also ask people to sign-up for this game. We may not like each other as people, but I'm not going to judge your hosting ability without seeing it. And I have a feeling you'll be a great host.

If we have a deal, put me on the sign-up list.

Isn't it to marry MR Write?

I would consider signing up if the game includes at least 1 backup, preferably 2 or 3 for this size game. If you could eliminate some roles to get it down to 11-13 players, signups may go much more quickly too.

I always answer questions.

And I did sign up for the queue and got the okay to run my game.

but I still can't see Desktop Mafia in the queue: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Auogt-aeMgCNdDJTeHMyMTFhV29aaDdxNFZhVG54S0E&hl=en#gid=0

And obviously everyone should be ok with your replacing one game with the other; the underlying assumption is that new game will also go through the discussion before taking sign-ups.

My game was in the queue.

No roles will be removed.

There will not be back-ups. I'm having a hard enough time getting players-why on earth would I make it more difficult on myself by trying to get extra people to sign on?

Well, generally, in any mafia, especially one this size, backups are recommended. Obviously, it's not a requirement, or half the mafias I've played in would never have gotten off the ground. But if backups sign up, that's cool, and if they don't, that's usually cool too. So just let it flow, and don't say "No backups", because that never really works anyhow. ;)

My game was in the queue.

So, you mean to say someone has deleted it from there coz it's not there yet? :blink:

If that's the case, perhaps Mo can check the log and see who did that.

Either way, the queue sheet is only for information. If your game has actually gone through it, could you please post the link of game design discussion thread here? That shall actually answer most of the questions people are asking.

Current Participants

Player 1- MiKi

Player 2- Molly Mae

Player 3-

Player 4-

Player 5-

Player 6-

Player 7- maurice

Player 8-

Player 9-

Player 10-

Player 11-