BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Virtual world Roleplaying game

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Sorry, guys. I had school and homework and orthodontist appointments. Just as an FYI, I probably won't be able to get on until about 4:00 PM-ish CDT most days, but once I'm on, I'll stay on for a while. PS Molly, you lost the game.

*Relatively early on: MiKi walks into the arcade after school hoping to waste some time before she is forced to finish her homework. She notices Shad, Molly, and Loki walk into the World Quest room. She notices the hypnotizing effect of the blinking signs and quickly pulls her gaze to the floor. [she reads a lot, so she knows what to do when being pulled in by a charm.] Ignoring the sinister help desk lady, she walks up to the suspicious looking maintenance guy.* "What can you tell me about World Quest?" she asks, trying to act like her hero, SHerlock Holmes. Being a Sherlock Holmes fanatic, MiKi likes to think she knows a little something about interrogations. [Not really. She sucks at asking questions.]

the overweight, balding, maintenance guy says "i fix these machines and tune them up on a daily basis. I can tell you that World Quest is just like any other game. though i must admit I've heard stories...", he thinks for a sec.

"people going in, and not coming back out, people claiming they've actually experienced the game, that sort of thing."

"but i assure you there's nothing to fear."

*At this point, MiKi is stuck and doesnt know what to say. As a result, she just nods like that answer was what she expected to hear and turns away. Thinking briefly, she decides she must warn Loki, Shad, and Molly about the dangers of the game. She warns herself not to be sucked in by the hypnosis of the game and pushes the door open. She overhears the last few sentences in the convo and realizes that Shad is still relatively untouched.* "This game isn't safe!" she says, but is dismayed to find that Molly has already entered.

"That's what I've been trying to tell them, but Little Miss Impulsive here" *glares at Molly* "went ahead and put the thing on." *yells back to the desk lady* "Hey, if there's only one person, is it still okay to take the helmet back off?"

instead of answering, the help desk lady picks up the phone. "I think we may have a problem." can barely be heard by shad. then she puts the phone back down, gives her sweetest smile and yells, " of course dear. go whenever you're ready."

"Hell yeah!" Loki replied, startling Shad a little. He glanced at Shad, correctly interpreting what he was about to say. "Yeah, might've mentioned that it may be a little dangerous," grinned Loki. "But I like dangerous." Something seemed to glow on his arm, but before Shad had time to even think about it, the whatever-it-was he thought he saw was gone. Shad started to open his mouth, but suddenly changed his mind and looked away. "Besides," Loki continued, "I don't like the look of those thugs heading towards us. We should get a move on before they get here - they won't harm us while we're in - I mean, playing the game - They won't want to cause a scene around on of the Arcade's games."

"What do you mean?" Shad asked suspiciously, looking around. "There's no-one else here."

"There will be in about half a minute. And unless you want to deal with them, I suggest you get a move on." Shad still looked wary. "You have to trust me!" hissed Loki.

OOC: Hope you don't mind me borrowing your pen for a minute, Shadow - I kinda had to to fit that in. Miki, Shad, when you're ready to enter... :D

. Shad started to open his mouth, but suddenly changed his mind and looked away. "Besides," Loki continued, "I don't like the look of those thugs heading towards us.

OOC: Hope you don't mind me borrowing your pen for a minute, Shadow - I kinda had to to fit that in. Miki, Shad, when you're ready to enter... :D

shad is a she

Gina smiles. "Then we shall begin. running processing. selecting world. Aquatica selected. selecting avatars. starfish selected. sea horse selected. hippocampus selected, seal selected. beginning transferance process, in 30 seconds...."

yeah, what my bf said...but other than gender you got me fairly good

"[mild cursing] Fine....I have to keep Molly straight anyway." *pulls on a helmet, rolling her eyes* "Will you never learn, Molly?"

Loki stared at the odd-looking headpieces. He picked one up; tested the weight of it in his hand, shrugged and slipped it over his head where it fit snugly. Loki's fingers twitched with excitement. With kaen glowing in anticipation on his arm, he entered the gam... no, wait, the loading screen. Loki scowled in recognition. "Windows," he grumbled under his breath. Fortunately, the computer didn't hear him.

OOC: Eh, oops : ( Sorry Shad, should've checked.

Edited by Panther