BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

DeathStone0000

Question

When you want to make a building completely robber-proof, there is only one guy to call: Tony Pendragon, the master safe cracker and detective.

When Money Co. called Pendragon and asked him to fix security up in their main bank, he told them about his method. First, he'd rob them. Then, he'd find a way to make it impossible to rob them.

No one in the bank knew when and where Pendragon would strike. But David Luckett, Director of Security at Money Co., was determined to stop him.

"We'll show this know-it-all what security's really about," he told his chief assistant, Aldrich.

"Double the number of guards. I want updates on everyone who comes in, out and near the building."

"Yes, Sir!"Aldrich said.

Two weeks passed.

One hot morning, Luckett was going to work, listening to Aldrich rant over his cellphone and wiping the sweat off his brow.

"You think this Pendragon guy is for real?"

"Real or not, we still got to keep on our toes," Luckett said.

To the fruit vendor in front of him, he said, "I'll need a kilo of bananas please."

The vendor put the bananas in a paper bag and waved as Luckett walked away.

"I can't keep our men on red alert forever!" Aldrich shouted as Luckett passed a street mime pretending to hit a wall. Behind him, a man wearing a thick coat was loading glass panes into a van.

"They'll have to if we want to grab this Pendragon guy," Luckett said, a sedan nearly hitting him as he crossed the street. The driver honked at him angrily as he drove away. "Look, I got to get off this phone...I nearly got hit by..." His voice trailed off. Then, he suddenly shouted at his phone, "Aldrich! Get some guards here at once! I think Pendragon is here---and he's planning to rob the bank right now!"

Later, Pendragon was talking to the bank president. "Sir," Pendragon said, "with a security chief good enough to spot me even before I could make a move, your bank has nothing to fear.

WHAT WAS PENDRAGON'S DISGUISE AND WHAT GAVE HIM AWAY?

9 answers to this question

The man in the coat is from someplace really hot like the desert and while it may seem warm for locals, he finds it a bit chilly and also feels safer handling glass panes in his thick coat.

Pendragon is the fruit vendor. Putting bananas in a paper bag would cause those bananas to over ripen. A real fruit vendor knows that. And I think a good security chief would too.

He is the man in the thick coat loading glass panes on the van .... how can you wear a thick coat under a hot sunny morning. that's the reason

<P>He is the man in the thick coat loading glass panes on the van .... how can

you wear a thick coat under a hot sunny morning. that's the reason</P>

He is the man in the thick coat loading glass panes on the van .... how can you wear a thick coat under a hot sunny morning. that's the reason

Edited by beryong27

I must apologize for the thing about the bananas...

I didn't know those were sold in dozens...And I most certainly did not know that bananas aren't supposed to be placed in paper bags...

Anyway, the right answer was supposed to be the man wearing a thick coat...so if anybody answered incorrectly because of the misunderstanding, I apologize...