BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Caterpillars

Caterpillars - Back to the Geometry Puzzles

Slice the square into 4 identical sections, so that in each section there is 1 caterpillar with its leaf. One caterpillar will not have a leaf, she is taking a diet.

post-2-1175348029_thumbgif

This old topic is locked since it was answered many times. You can check solution in the Spoiler below.

Pls visit New Puzzles section to see always fresh brain teasers.

Caterpillars - solution

post-2-1175348064_thumbgif

• 1 month later...
your solution is inncorrcet simply because the blue section has no leaf...

My solution is correct simply because the blue section has no leaf. Check the following condition mentioned in the puzzle: "One caterpillar will not have a leaf, she is taking a diet."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
because being a caterpillar sucks and the weed makes them feel better about themselves DUH!!!!!! JK!!!!!!

I Still Confuse But who cares bout me@_@...

2 are males 2 females caterpillar... they need weed to get high and get 2gether DUH!!!!!!!!!!! duh

Out of here! She's not taking a diet because she is looking for her plate!

My brain is not confused..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All solutions must include the swastika pathways drawn in the picture, each leg of the swastika takes up only seven squares. Beyond that, and maintaing the assumption that the squares must be contiguous, there is a total of three different solutions, which you have already discovered. The different solutions soley depend the number of ways you can arrange the two leftover squares. Either the two leftovers can be placed together on either end along the side of the largest square (two solutions) or one on each end of the side (the other solution and the one pictured).

post-586-1198946986_thumbpng

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The earlier solutions are pretty good but it's getting late and I didn't want to work that hard. Here's an easier solution. Just divide the grid into 4 3x3 squares. Then move one of the leaves.

• 5 weeks later...

Caterpillars - Back to the Geometry Puzzles

Slice the square into 4 identical sections, so that in each section there is 1 caterpillar with its leaf. One caterpillar will not have a leaf, she is taking a diet.

I created an alternate solution in paint but this section won't let me paste it into "spoilers" - any thoughts on why? :rolleyes:

XXXXVV

XXBXVV

BBBXXV

BOOVVV

BBOVOO

BBOOOO