BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A young Marine and his commanding officer climbed on board a train headed through the mountains of Switzerland. The only place they could find to sit was right across the aisle from a young woman and her grandmother.

After a while, it became obvious that the young woman and the young soldier were interested in each other, but the young woman kept glancing nervously at her grandmother.

Soon the train passed into a pitch black tunnel. There was the sound of a passionate kiss followed by the sound of a stinging slap. When the train emerged from the tunnel, the four sat there without saying a word.

The grandmother thought to herself: "It was very brash for that young soldier to kiss my granddaughter, and I'm glad she slapped him."

The commanding officer sat there thinking: "I figured he'd try to steal a kiss, but I sure wish she hadn't missed him when she slapped and hit me!"

The young woman was sitting and thinking: "I'm glad the soldier kissed me, but I wish my grandmother had not slapped him!"

what happened? who kissed whom and who slapped whom?

10 answers to this question

The commanding officer kissed the girl thinking she would think it's the young soldier and the young soldier slapped his commander

sure that marine slapped the officer, but who kissed the girl then?? :(

Edited by sage123

The commanding officer kissed the girl thinking she would think it's the young soldier and the young soldier slapped his commander

Then the commander wouldn't have expected the Marine to steal a kiss as he did and be shocked when he was slapped.